Page 111 of 151 FirstFirst ... 1161101104105106107108109110111112113114115116117118121 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 1510

Thread: General transfer thread, (not just LFC)

If Salah runs down his contract in his current form, he might not get the massive pay day he's dreaming about. He'll also be 32.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Kane in our team
    Seems one of the most unlikely transfers one could imagine.

- He turns 29 this summer.
    - He has chronical ankle issues.
    - Levy would demand a huge sum, with a "fucked over on the Diaz deal" tax.
    - The mouth-breathing bore, talented as he is, would demand very high wages.
    - Heavily associated with "Ingurlund" and that fanbase is not exactly keen on Liverpool.
    - Tried desperately to claim goals that aren't his as it's about HIM and not the side.

Ticks so many of the absolutely-no-way boxes.

It would be interesting, I'll say that much. Konate, Van Dijk and Kane all defending/attacking set pieces? Hardly seems fair!

Its a laughable rumour there is zero chance we sign him.

He'd cost £100m+ easily, we could get two very good players for that price.

Much as I dislike him, he’s probably the best at the Bobby role in world football, combining superb link up play with prolific goal scoring. Light years ahead of Jota I am afraid to say.

More chance of Ian Rush starting for us next season mind.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Much as I dislike him, he’s probably the best at the Bobby role in world football, combining superb link up play with prolific goal scoring. Light years ahead of Jota I am afraid to say.

I'll have Nunez thanks
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

That might be so but he is lazy and doesnt press he is just the wrong fit for me.

If we changed style/system that is different but we wont hopefully he stays at Spurs.

Nunez might work at this level .. he might not.
    Kane is a nailed on, cast iron, sure fire success.

Don’t know about that Legs, did you see his performance at the Etihad this season, they just could not handle him.
    If properly motivated he is absolutely brilliant.

Complete cock though he is.

Nunez will score goals has lots of room to grow and develop and he can play in all 3 of our forward positions, he is also quite good creatively, if you have a good look at his highlights and the ones he's put on an absolute plate his Benfica mates have missed he'd be on over 10 assists this season too

What I really like about him and why I would prefer it is he is comfortable wherever he picks the ball up, wide left, wide right No9 false 9, for a player who is 22 with so much room to grow who can play left of right, who can drop off or make runs in behind and also be an incredible target man in the box, I think his signing should be a no brainer

He doesn't have Kane's range of passing, but he is creative none the less and will create in different way and from lfwd rfwd No9 and false 9
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Would be a (calculated) gamble but the signing I would want most.

Harry will be 29 soon - Darwin will be 23.

Harry would give us maybe 3-5 years with goal return and appearance record likely diminishing over time. Darwin could give us 7-10 years and doesn't have ankle issues.

Harry is excellent, but room improvement can't be massive. Darwin already has an excellent toolset and can yet be moulded.

Wage difference would be night and day, with Darwin having resale value in 5 years if we chose to sell.

Practicalities aside, Darwin is also the "sexier" footballer if you will - he's essentially a pretty good impersonation of peak-Torres that can play in more positions.

Not to mention, in terms of "future-proofing" and cultural fit, he would be coming from the Portuguese League. Núñez, Diaz and Jota all here at once could be great now AND later, whereas Sports-washing sides will aim to hoover up English talent at inflated prices. We get Kane in and we contribute to making the market harder for ourselves further down the line.

There are definitely merits to both and I can understand people wanting a "now" signing with Man City having acquired Haaland but Núñez can contribute now as well as later, his acquisition doesn't give Tottenham £100m and he is capable of breathing through his nose.

I'd absolutely love Núñez here as I have made no secret of these last weeks/months. I really hope he doesn't end up wasting his career at Man United or something daft. He could be brilliant for us.