Page 136 of 151 FirstFirst ... 3686126129130131132133134135136137138139140141142143146 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,360 of 1510

Thread: General transfer thread, (not just LFC)

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    It's certainly a thought. I assumed that Thiago was that player.

Think we'd have had to change shape to accommodate Couts. We'd have lost a bit of defensive stability having the fullbacks bomb on with him in the side.

Definitely would have been a decent plan B though!
    Wouldn't have been playing him all the time - would use the squad like many continental managers do. Would be the plan b we have lacked.

Also believe many are remembering with Coutts but without Aliison - Virgil and Fab. We were easy to walk through before Virgil became that rock we needed to build that title winning defence. Even with him before the keeper and Fabinho arrived we could get turned over.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Wouldn't have been playing him all the time - would use the squad like many continental managers do. Would be the plan b we have lacked.

Also believe many are remembering with Coutts but without Aliison - Virgil and Fab. We were easy to walk through before Virgil became that rock we needed to build that title winning defence. Even with him before the keeper and Fabinho arrived we could get turned over.
    Very true!
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Interesting point.

Id say someone like Bernardo / Bacon face as they can hold onto the ball better than a Coutinho type who takes more risks.

Then again we possibly lose more as we are more open and Klopp likes 3 solid CMs.

Klopp is the key no doubt about it he is worth 10+ points a season alone much like Ferguson was.
    As much of a cunt he seems, Bernardo Silva would be absolutely dynamite in our side. When he was in and out of City's side a year or so back, we should have done everything possible to get him.

He's what we all hoped Keita would be.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

As much of a cunt he seems, Bernardo Silva would be absolutely dynamite in our side. When he was in and out of City's side a year or so back, we should have done everything possible to get him.

Yep the geezer is pure class.. I have very high hopes for Carvalho... he looked like a top class player at Fulham. heads and shoulders above anyone else. Klopp will make him a great

I think the word 'seems' a cunt is inappropriate. Don't I remember him leading the singing mocking Sean Cox after they won the league?
    He also refused to take part in the guard of honour when we won the title. he is pretty much obsessed with hating Liverpool.

Then Christian Eriksson would fit the bill and cheap as chips.

Did a stats break down in that January window, which showed how we performed better overall without Coutinho in midfield. That was before any of the 3 arrived.

He was missed in the CL final when Salah went off injured. A good option at lwf but not as a lcm in 433.

When he played at lcm, he was to weak a defender for the role and turned over the ball too often.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Then Christian Eriksson would fit the bill and cheap as chips.
    Wouldn't be a bad idea at all.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Did a stats break down in that January window, which showed how we performed better overall without Coutinho in midfield. That was before any of the 3 arrived.

He was missed in the CL final when Salah went off injured. A good option at lwf but not as a lcm in 433.

When he played at lcm, he was to weak a defender for the role and turned over the ball too often.

But Jurgen played him when fit - was desperate to keep him and made him captain.

He left us for Barca - and we might not be able to forgive, but he was a weapon for us and our most creative player. The point is we would have been stronger with him AND the players we brought in.. That's why I believe we have moved for Fabio

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    I’d love to sell Keita and Ox for good money along with Mané.

Using Sid and Daffd’s accounting system, we should be able to bring in a top striker and top midfielder. Added to Carvalho and Elliot that’s a fresh look for next season.

My wish list

Nunez
    Bellingham
    I think Keita will get a contract extension. Can understand why people will be divided on that prospect, but it's what I foresee.

A top striker and a top midfielder would be incredible. I am cautiously optimistic we will bring Núñez in.

As to Bellingham, I can't see Dortmund releasing him until next Summer, nor do I see us spending upwards of £160m on getting the two of them in one window without big sales. I think we will target Bellingham (or find a suitable alternative) next Summer.

Diaz - was meant to be a Summer signing.
    Ramsay (?) - looks imminent, Trent cover.
    Carvalho
    Núñez (?)

That's already 4 changes to a 25-man squad if they all arrive. It could be our lot (Milner was extended, Elliott and Jones need more minutes) or we maybe add one more. Obviously the more sales we manage, the more we may spend - plus the more spaces it may open up. We don't want to have someone like Ox not registered and on £120k a week, so as much as money is a factor, simply having squad spaces and the Homegrown Quota are big factors.