Page 144 of 151 FirstFirst ... 4494134137138139140141142143144145146147148149150151 LastLast
Results 1,431 to 1,440 of 1510

Thread: General transfer thread, (not just LFC)

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Gini was a top top player, him being LCM controller and driving the ball forward worked incredibly well for us and he was absolutely integral to our Champions League and Premier League wins

It seems to be lost on people, maybe wilfully so, be we effectively replaced him with Thiago
    Not trying to be an ass -

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    He'll probably be our replacement for Mo like Elliott was our replacement for Gini with the same result or worse
    - was the Elliott one just frustration or have you changed your assessment or what?

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    He can make friends with Gomez again!
    I miss this type of love in amounst the players!!

In other news I've been told by a very good source that Nunez is a done deal and will be announced at the weekend. The shops may get plenty of Z's in as they're going to need them.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    In other news I've been told by a very good source that Nunez is a done deal and will be announced at the weekend. The shops may get plenty of Z's in as they're going to need them.
    Please be true...

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Klopp.

Tell me Klopp doesn't win comfortably more had he gone to United, Chelsea or god forbid even bloody Spurs. Look at the squad he inherited.. He has been off the charts incredible.

Don't go down this Rabbit warren again.
    Interesting debate.

Spurs no as they wouldnt have spent £75m on VVD we are just a better and much bigger club then them.

Chelsea/United you'd think so with the money spent but Chelsea have a habit of sacking managers quickly and players downing tools more egos to deal with.

Basically thankfully he didnt go to Utd but then again off the field since Ferguson they've been a mess.

Klopp is king and we have him so we dont need to worry about those 3 clubs !

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Klopp.

Tell me Klopp doesn't win comfortably more had he gone to United, Chelsea or god forbid even bloody Spurs. Look at the squad he inherited.. He has been off the charts incredible.

Don't go down this Rabbit warren again.
    It’s your rabbit warren not mine.

Klopp is not the reason you and I do not have expertise in squad building at a huge European football club. Your assertion makes no sense.

I’m currently trying to expand my business in numerous directions. What I keep being reminded of is how much expertise I don’t have and how other people have been down this path and can spot the pitfalls a mile off. I am naive on many of the problems ahead of me.

Your belief that our success is ALL down to Klopp is fine. I find it cute.

But the constant sneering at the transfer mistakes of the club are

1) an implicit admission that the club is as important as Klopp

2) lacking the humility to admit there is so much involved that you wouldn’t want the responsibility for nor presumably have the talent or knowledge to be able to execute anything like as well

I’d imagine if they have it sewn up they’ve agreed to silence so they can get the highest fee for Mané

Klopp is very clever like that 😂

I miss this type of love in amounst the players!!

Lets hope would be great news
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    @_pauljoyce

Liverpool reject new offer from Bayern Munich for Sadio Mane, which would have only reached £30m with multiple CL and Ballon d'Or wins. Player valued at around £42.5m.

Bayern are such jokers. Hope we can beat them over two legs in the Champion's League next season.
    They're proper tight arse cheeky fucks.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    They're proper tight arse cheeky fucks.
    They are but they may know Mane only wants to join them which doesnt give us much of a bargaining chip.

We could tell them to balls but you run the risk of the player being very unhappy.

We'll probably get around £40m plus maybe add ons that is as good as it gets unless Mbappe wants him !

"The expectation is very much that Nunez will move on somewhere this summer, and he even took the slightly unusual step of announcing on Twitter that he will be changing agents, moving away from his Uruguayan representative Edgardo Lasalvia, and looks to be heading for the extensive Jorge Mendes stable instead.

Things could get a little complicated, though: Nunez’s deal with Lasalvia expires this month, meaning there could be some crossover, and Lasalvia is unsurprisingly not keen to give up any windfall from such a lucrative move." - a bit from the Athletic.