Page 146 of 151 FirstFirst ... 4696136139140141142143144145146147148149150151 LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,460 of 1510

Thread: General transfer thread, (not just LFC)

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    "Who does he think he is? I manage Senegal and my players play for Klopp at Liverpool. I respect Liverpool but not Klopp who undermines African football events."
    "He is where he is today because of African footballers. He was losing every final until Salah, Mane, Matip came to his rescue to win his first-ever major European final."
    Who the fuck does Aloui Cisse think he is, that cunt and every other Afcon national team manager are making, or attempting to make their names off the back of the training and development of their players by top European clubs and managers, Mo's goal return was 1 in 4 before we signed him, no-one else was knocking on Roma's door, he also failed in the Premier League at Chelsea, who made who? He should keep his gob shut, the massive twat
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

He ain't the brightest for sure..

I posted it simply because it seems clear to me that there is a growing resentment towards Klopp because some idiot reporter with either a deep sense of insecurity - or with some malice - took his use of a second language the wrong way.

@19..I don't need to be that careful mate...

We wouldn't have got as close to a Quadruple with Gini but no Thiago imo - but I am suggesting we would have hugely benefitted from both - or a Gini replacement. The point is having one doesn't mean you don't need the other.

3 regulars is not enough
    We at least agreed on letting Gini go and not replacing him was idiotic last summer, so not comments either of us made in hindsight as some suggest those who question our transfers and spending do We both cited the career injury issues of Thiago and Keita and recent, last 2 or 3 seasons, short to medium term injury issues Hendo and Fab had suffered as to why we need the extra senior midfielder - we dropped points in a few games we were only able to field 1 senior CM

Well Nunez looks likely now around £70m plus add ons.

Mane will then go to Bayern for say £35-40m.

I guess Nunez wages are lower than Mane who is on £180k a week.

Ward is key in this apparently he has good knowledge of Portugal league.

Just waiting for Joycey boy to say it then its done.

He ain't the brightest for sure..

I posted it simply because it seems clear to me that there is a growing resentment towards Klopp because some idiot reporter with either a deep sense of insecurity - or with some malice - took his use of a second language the wrong way.
    Even if he did deliberately misconstrue it, the point stands Afcon is shit, the only quality in it comes from the players at top European clubs who have been developed by top managers and coaches at top European clubs, like with England and some other European nations, the Afcon managers frequently don't use the players top European managers have made into top top players for them to the best of their abilities, the overall standard of Afcon is poor and a big part of that is the managers poor tactics and use of the players

Look at the players CIsse had in his squad compared to other nations, he should be fucking walking Afcon and world cup qualifying the shit cunt

Mendy

B.Sarr Koulibaly Diallo Ciss

Mendy Gueye Kouyate

I.Sarr Mane Diedhiou

Look at the spine of that team, miles better than any other Afcon side has, then he has Kouyate from Palace and Sarr from Watford who are both very decent players, he didn't even play Gueye or Mane in the positions I've put them in in which they would be more influential

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Well Nunez looks likely now around £70m plus add ons.

Mane will then go to Bayern for say £35-40m.

I guess Nunez wages are lower than Mane who is on £180k a week.

Ward is key in this apparently he has good knowledge of Portugal league.

Just waiting for Joycey boy to say it then its done.
    Fingers crossed, I really hope this one happens, if you look at it, it is the best possible career move he can make, he is a very good fit for how we play, we have lots of Portugese coaches and Portugese speaking players to help him settle quickly and to become the best player he can possibly be, when we sign Ramsay we will have FOUR full backs who can put the ball right on his head if he can make the right runs off the back of, or across the CBs, with Virgil and Konate/Matip already in the mix at set pieces there will be plenty of opportunities we can make for him and the 3 of them being in there can help us make for all of them and that's just the heading and aerial prowess side of his game He has a lot more than that, some of it in need of refinement, but a lot more

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Fingers crossed, I really hope this one happens, if you look at it, it is the best possible career move he can make, he is a very good fit for how we play, we have lots of Portugese coaches and Portugese speaking players to help him settle quickly and to become the best player he can possibly be, when we sign Ramsay we will have FOUR full backs who can put the ball right on his head if he can make the right runs off the back of, or across the CBs, with Virgil and Konate/Matip already in the mix at set pieces there will be plenty of opportunities we can make for him and the 3 of them being in there can help us make for all of them and that's just the heading and aerial prowess side of his game He has a lot more than that, some of it in need of refinement, but a lot more
    Not seen lots of him but he was outstading in both games against us.

I know he scored a few but I watched his work rate and from what I saw he certainly wasn't lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Gini was a top top player, him being LCM controller and driving the ball forward worked incredibly well for us and he was absolutely integral to our Champions League and Premier League wins

It seems to be lost on people, maybe wilfully so, be we effectively replaced him with Thiago, who only has 3 assists and although he plays some absolutely fantastic passes in isolation that are a joy to behold, they don't release our players as they need to for them to try and create and assist and he hogs the ball and stops Virgil, Trent and Hendo who are actually better than him at releasing our players as described despite him being a far superior passer of the ball technically

Gini, although not the best passer, did regularly release Robbo and Mane on his side and play triangles with them that worked well to this effect too with simple 10-15 yard passes

The fact remains, Thiago hasn't improved our midfield, an improvement would be winning one of our games v City while continuing to beat Chelsea and Spurs in both games, we didn't manager to beat Chelsea in 4 games this season and failed to score in all 3 of the finals we reached, the idea of signing Thiago was that he'd put goals on a plate for our forwards and release them and our full backs to put goals on a plate, it hasn't materialised yet and he's been here 2 seasons

I think he has been a poor signing, we were better with Gini, played simple passes on his side that did release Robbo and Mane in combination and helped cover up Fabinho's deficiencies hugely
    Our midfield shape has altered between the 2 seasons.

When Fab, Hendo & Gini routinely played the shape was

Gini
    ......................Hendo
    ..........Fab

Gini would push up on the left side with Hendo in a more defensive role.
    This worked well as it complimented the other qualities of their respective sides.

Hendo was deeper on the right, covering Trent more regularly whilst Salah is 99.99% of the time our most advances attacker.

On the left a sturdier side defensively had Virgil, Robbo & Mane all excellent defenders.
    Gini had more license to join the attack and link up play.

This year with Fab, Hendo & Thiago our shape has augmented on the X-axis... our shape more routinely

.......................Hendo
    Thiago
    .............Fab

This decision in contrast, accentuates imperfections in our side.

Both Naby & Thiago beat Hendo (and Gini) on stats for tackles&intercepts. But in big moments you don't see Hendo with a soft shoulder, easily bet or making poor decisions.

For me Hendo should be a deeper midfielder than Naby or Thiago.

Thiago
    .......................Hendo
    .............Fab

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Both Naby & Thiago beat Hendo (and Gini) on stats for tackles&intercepts. But in big moments you don't see Hendo with a soft shoulder, easily bet or making poor decisions.
    They do, but the stats aren't really an accurate representation or relevant to how we play, quite a few of the tackles I have seen from Naby, Thiago and Fab are from having to go to ground through being caught out of position, so in that respect them having more tackles isn't necessarily a good thing

Gini and Hendo were far more expert in playing the pressing and counter pressing game than Keita, Thaigo or Fab, they were and Hendo is so frequently the player who presses expertly to pen players in, allowing one of our other players to come in and nick the ball off them, or restricts where they can pass the ball so it can be easily read for one of our other players to intercept it

Until the middle class stats wankers develop a thorough and proper appreciation of the pressing and counter pressing game and create stats for the incredible ability and prowess Hendo and Gini so constantly and consistently display(ed) in it, their crappy stats will always make players who are priceless in the modern game in which all the very sides employ a pressing and counter pressing game and masters at it, look somehow inferior to players who aren't nearly as good at them at playing it

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Our midfield shape has altered between the 2 seasons.

When Fab, Hendo & Gini routinely played the shape was

Gini
    ......................Hendo
    ..........Fab

Gini would push up on the left side with Hendo in a more defensive role.
    This worked well as it complimented the other qualities of their respective sides.
    That isn't accurate i'm afraid, Gini and Hendo both always did both those things, Hendo would sit to support Trent's forward plays, Gini would sit to support Robbo's

You've accurately highlighted my point about our playing more of a 3 more of the time in Fab's absence though, there were a lot of games in 19-20 when for the purposes of a much better press and counter press, which was when it hit it's absolute peak under Jurgen, all 3 of our mids were involved in it, with Fab, he sits and often isn't involved in it, and that's been an adjustment made by Jurgen from the instances of Fab getting ahead of players he needed to stay our side of when he was higher