Page 149 of 151 FirstFirst ... 4999139142143144145146147148149150151 LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,490 of 1510

Thread: General transfer thread, (not just LFC)

Also, Ward needs to submit and leak a ridiculously derisory offer for Gnabry, who is in the same contract position as Mane to Bayern, just by picking a few things off a McDonald's menu, I really fucking would, piss taking bastards, first of all they tap him up talking to his representatives without asking our permission, then take the absolute piss with their offer and the terms of add ons - Just offer them a Big Mac meal and quarter pounder with cheese meal for Gnabry, send it officially and leak it
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

I'd be fairly happy with Laimer, great pressing and counter pressing and positionally, very decent passing and through balls when running at pace, pretty damned quick and good at driving the ball forward too, does not let opposition players go past him, be a very fine and not too costly addition

I'm thinking we might be interested in Sangare as 2, maybe 3 of our Afcon lads will have left by next summer

We have been linked to Laimer and Soler both of whom look to prefer RCM position
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 8th June 2022 at 10:36 PM.
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Re Diaz, Jurgen himself said we had intended to buy him in the summer but Spurs forced our hand.

I am not saying we can’t afford to spend big on a midfielder if we bring in Nunez but it just wouldn’t be the way FSG conduct or at least have thus far conducted, their business in the transfer market

"Liverpool and Benfica are closing in on agreeing on an €80m fee - plus €20m in add-ons for Darwin Nunez."

@Glongari

So if it all goes to plan, next season we have -

Núñez
    Diaz
    Jota
    Carvalho
    Firmino
    Salah (running down his contract, sadly)

Long-term plan for Carvalho is apparently midfield, but that could easily mean a no. 10 - in terms of rotation and freshness we could do worse than employing that 4-2-4 or an occasional 4-2-3-1. Default formation being the 4-3-3 but going to a set-up with two mids once every....pfffft, I don't know, six to seven matches, say against weaker opposition.....would create an opportunity to give a midfielder a rest whilst opening a spot to keep a forward option happy.

If we are to get the same level of value for money out of that transfer as we did with the likes of Diaz and Konate, we must think he is going to be a hell of a player.

Hi guys I feel I should make a new thread or 2, for LFC only rumours movements etc

and general transfers, as this was made in dec 2021 and things are getting a bit lost in the thread now as we have 149 pages

So i'd appreciate it if you can post in them, or.. still use this I can't tell people what to do but just a thought, in my personal opinion it'll probably be better that way

Cheers
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    If we are to get the same level of value for money out of that transfer as we did with the likes of Diaz and Konate, we must think he is going to be a hell of a player.
    Indeed we must.

To add, no. 9s are generally very expensive and (Sid in talking about "value" shocker) we could feel that it is better business to try and do now than to see ourselves trying to compete with how silly the fees are going to get in 2-4 seasons once Newcastle have laid their foundations.

Hopefully complication-free at the negotiating table - Benfica will naturally want loads of it up front so they can invest as quickly as possible and we'll likely want to pay in smaller instalments to help when purchasing a Henderson successor (even if that isn't this Summer) and having rainy day money.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Hi guys I feel I should make a new thread or 2, for LFC only rumours movements etc

and general transfers, as this was made in dec 2021 and things are getting a bit lost in the thread now as we have 149 pages

So i'd appreciate it if you can post in them, or.. still use this I can't tell people what to do but just a thought, in my personal opinion it'll probably be better that way

Cheers
    I was going to make an updates only thread for those wanting a break from all the transfer "noise" that literally gets updated once a week to say "no news" or "we have signed X" so that folks who want a bit of a reprieve from it all could be kept up to speed whilst giving themselves breathing space from their phones.

If you want to take that on and/or make a more general thread then by all means do - this particular thread is longer than the Aquilani one by some margin now

Nice to see we might be purchasing Nunez.
    However I feel we are more in need of one or two quality midfielders.
    Can we afford to spend the funds needed for decent midfielders?
    There's too much confusion, I can't get no relief