Page 150 of 151 FirstFirst ... 50100140143144145146147148149150151 LastLast
Results 1,491 to 1,500 of 1510

Thread: General transfer thread, (not just LFC)

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    I was going to make an updates only thread for those wanting a break from all the transfer "noise" that literally gets updated once a week to say "no news" or "we have signed X" so that folks who want a bit of a reprieve from it all could be kept up to speed whilst giving themselves breathing space from their phones.

If you want to take that on and/or make a more general thread then by all means do - this particular thread is longer than the Aquilani one by some margin now
    By the end of summer it'll probably end up being 300 pages

Not sure how the whole super-thread thing works but I guess it never mattered in the end, eitherway I think it's a good idea to start them both fresh for upcoming season, I can't stop people posting here so.. hopefully people post in the others

It's mainly due to posts getting lost etc this could do with a lock and new threads for next season, which i've made.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    Can we afford to spend the funds needed for decent midfielders?
    First consideration will be players/roles/succession planning.

Henderson
    Thiago
    Fabinho
    Milner
    Keita
    Elliott
    Jones

We have 7 there and that's assuming Ox leaves. I know some still see Elliott as a wide player but we are unlikely to mould him for that as he lacks the raw pace, plus wasn't used there at the start of the season when he was getting those games before the leg break against Leeds.

I don't think any of Henderson, Thiago, Fabinho get sold and Milner just extended. I think Keita gets an extension (which will divide opinion) as a precaution/buffer/safety net after we didn't get Tchouameni.

Jones and Elliott absolutely have to get games if we are to develop them, so I would be surprised if we bought two midfielders as that will only congest things in terms of players seeking minutes. I think we will either buy one mid this Summer and one next, or no miss this Summer with 1-2 next.

We wanted Tchouameni so there's money there. How much we will have after Núñez and Diaz (was meant to be a summer signing) is harder to calculate but we aren't skint, even if we are (rightly in my view) prudent.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Indeed we must.

To add, no. 9s are generally very expensive and (Sid in talking about "value" shocker) we could feel that it is better business to try and do now than to see ourselves trying to compete with how silly the fees are going to get in 2-4 seasons once Newcastle have laid their foundations.

Hopefully complication-free at the negotiating table - Benfica will naturally want loads of it up front so they can invest as quickly as possible and we'll likely want to pay in smaller instalments to help when purchasing a Henderson successor (even if that isn't this Summer) and having rainy day money.
    My point exactly on transfers this window and next summer, they're not going to get any less expensive, especially if/when Newcastle get themselves to a level they can realistically try to entice players top clubs will be competing for

I'm more concerned about the Fabinho replacement in all honesty and have been since it was revealed we were actually better without him in 19-20, as good as most of our transfers have been, we have an annoying tendency not to admit when we've got them wrong and blindly continue with players like Fab, Thiago and Keita, there are lots of better DMs/No6s than Fab our there and Hendo showed himself to be better in that role, replacing Gini with Thiago has not reaped the results the transfer was made to yield and given he was the same age and is injury prone, it was a poor piece of business in my opinion, one of our worst and Keita, well extending his contract if PSG are indeed willing to put up 45m for his services would be an absolute joke
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Wow… just, Wow!!
    Our incredibly profligate rivals continue to pour tens and tens of millions down the shitter.

“Chelsea have told their Belgium striker Romelu Lukaku, 29, he can rejoin Inter Milan on loan if the finances are right for the Premier League side. (Guardian)”

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Wow… just, Wow!!
    Our incredibly profligate rivals continue to pour tens and tens of millions down the shitter.

“Chelsea have told their Belgium striker Romelu Lukaku, 29, he can rejoin Inter Milan on loan if the finances are right for the Premier League side. (Guardian)”
    That was always an absolutely ridiculous signing and waste of money, I don't think Tuchel is a great or good manager, he inherited a squad Jurgen rightly called 'a gift' he had the option of playing Werner Havertz Mount with Pulisic as an option for LFWD or RFWD and that way of playing won him the Champions League, with Havertz scoring their winner in the Champions League so you'd think a rational person would bring in another forward of one of those types, not a lump like Lukaku who had failed at the filthy and didn't offer the kind of movement that would compliment the rest of his squad

Tuchel started off being a defensive coach with 3 at the back. lets see how he will alter that..If he changes to 4/3/3 will leave space and they will concede goals.Carry on being defensive and they'll struggle too score enough.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Tuchel started off being a defensive coach with 3 at the back. lets see how he will alter that..If he changes to 4/3/3 will leave space and they will concede goals.Carry on being defensive and they'll struggle too score enough.
    Part of why Werner hasn't been at his best. 433 suits him a lot better than 343, Chelsea are rumoured to have agreed a deal to sign Dembele, which is a win win really, as if he works out he'll be a great signing, if he doesn't they'll be plenty of takers and he'll command a big fee

Dembele, Nkunku and De Ligt are reported to be part of a 200m plan they have

That’s a risky £200m if you ask me. One could be injured all season, one is wildly overrated and one has never been at a big club and none have played in the Prem.

Dembele and Tuchel will get on splendidly well
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    That’s a risky £200m if you ask me. One could be injured all season, one is wildly overrated and one has never been at a big club and none have played in the Prem.
    It certainly is, especially the much rumoured attitude of Dembele, after all the trouble they've just had with Lukaku