Page 29 of 151 FirstFirst ... 192223242526272829303132333435363979129 ... LastLast

Thread: General transfer thread, (not just LFC)

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    You can thank spurs for that.

Who's leaving in the summer, you reckon?
    When I wake up in the morning I give a little prayer of thanks for my Yankee Doodle dandy sweethearts at FSG, for continuing to build the greatest squad in town.. not a moment of thanks is given to Mr Levy

I could be wrong but I'd say getting rid of Minamino and Origi is all that's needed to account for Diaz - his wages are not rumoured to be excessive (probably less than Origi?). No need to sell any of the big three forwards. Diaz is an upgrade on Origi in terms of what Klopp wants. We've bought him in good time, perhaps now with a little extra confidence in a lockdown free future. Klopp the other day said 28 or 29 is the prime of a player and so I would expect him to keep Mane and Firmino, unless he thinks something has gone wrong with them. Salah, its possible the negotiations won't work out but we'll see.

Minamino and Origi are foreign so that means we might not need to buy another Englishman, let's call him Bellingsford, and we might be able to upgrade the midfield with a cheaper option, let's call him Choomany.

Quote Originally Posted by shminkyred View Post
    what has gone wrong with Deli Ali? would Klopp be able to sort him out? Would Levey do business with us after Diaz????lolol

If the deal was right would you take him.... I was gutted we missed out on him back in the day.
    Dele Alli has flattered to deceive under a few Managers, alleged attitude problems, hasn't had a strong season for a while, could command a wage packet higher than I'd want to give him and has a very punchable face.

It's a "no" from me.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Breaking news

Bournemouth agree deal with Liverpool to sign defender Nat Phillips on loan until the end of the season.

What's the point just sell

Might add value and someone will buy him IF it goes well... also interesting in Loan for neco.
    Last edited by Kev0909; 31st January 2022 at 01:30 PM.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Breaking news

Bournemouth agree deal with Liverpool to sign defender Nat Phillips on loan until the end of the season.

Might add value and someone will buy him IF it goes well... also interesting in Loan for neco.
    Mental. How has he ended up in the Championship? Loan/Transfer fee aside, he's far too good for the Championship!

If I'd been Newcastle boss, i'd have rather shelled out £15-20m for Phillips than £12m for Dan Burn!
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Breaking news

Might be because of age, perhaps?
    Neco is young and could develop sufficiently to hold onto. Nat Phillips ditto.
    Maybe FSG/Jürgen remember our disastrous shortage of central defenders last season and don't want it to happen again.

A sale is certainly the ideal solution, but there are a few things to consider that we won't have all the info on yet.

- We may not have been confident of getting a buyer on the last day
    - We make a saving if we aren't paying his wages while on loan.
    - We may have charged a loan fee which, however small, tops up the proverbial coffers.
    - We may, on a human level, wanted a chance to give an excellent lad a more realistic shot at game time
    - They might buy if he meets certain targets
    - Regular play time offers an opportunity for those with doubts to see him play consistently, increasing our chances in the Summer
    - It gets a young, Academy talent or youth purchase a fraction closer to first-team minutes.

I'd have loved a sale of course but it's better than him sitting about doing nothing this season with us.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

I imagine they can only afford to buy him if they gain promotion to the Prem.

A promotion challenge with Bournemouth is far better for Nat than sitting waiting for four lads in front of him to get injured.

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    If I'd been Newcastle boss, i'd have rather shelled out £15-20m for Phillips than £12m for Dan Burn!
    Having watched him help us get Champion's League football and play well at San Siro, I (personally) agree with you jozza.

But clubs want "proven" players.

Nat is 24 and has only had 47 senior appearances. Dan has had 353 - when you look at it like that, you can see why clubs would be that bit more apprehensive about Nat.

My hope is we have charged a loan fee for Phillips, with us possibly getting a small kicker contractually if they get promoted, then in Summer Bournemouth want to buy - as do other clubs having watched him have a run of matches with Bournemouth.

We could take that.

Can't blame Bournemouth for only wanting a loan after we sold them Jordan Ibe, Brad Smith and Dominic Solanke.

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    Mental. How has he ended up in the Championship? Loan/Transfer fee aside, he's far too good for the Championship!

Totally. Surely he knows he's better than that. Its puzzling that one.