Page 36 of 151 FirstFirst ... 262930313233343536373839404142434686136 ... LastLast

Thread: General transfer thread, (not just LFC)

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Just a reminder that we once had to declare we had "ceased all interest" in a certain centre-back that plied his trade at Southampton.

If we want Carvalho enough and if he wants to come to us, we'll get him.

If he is open to alternatives, we'll find an alternative.

Salah wasn't our first-choice and we have signed Diaz. We have a League Cup Final to look forward to, are still in with a chance of a League title and are in the knockout stages of the Champion's League - these are bigger fish to fry than an exciting prospect that plays for Fulham.

Sleep well gents! Good window overall.
    👍

Just a reminder that we once had to declare we had "ceased all interest" in a certain centre-back that plied his trade at Southampton.

Salah wasn't our first-choice and we have signed Diaz. We have a League Cup Final to look forward to, are still in with a chance of a League title and are in the knockout stages of the Champion's League - these are bigger fish to fry than an exciting prospect that plays for Fulham.

Yeah, but wasn't that after his current club at the time accused us of 'tapping him up' and threatened to raise all manner of hell with the league.

And then used our obvious interest in him to jack up his buying price to a club record sale (for them at the time)?

Sounds in this case like we've been in negotiations with Fulham for a while, and it was only the margins of the potential deal where there were sticking points.

Fulham might be the bigger losers in this since he was never likely going to play for us - certainly not in this second half of the season (when the club wanted to loan him back to them) - and possibly not very much next season either when he was supposed to join full-term.
    And in the meantime, plenty of alternatives are likely to emerge between now and the summer.

If he was a priority for the club I doubt we'd be loaning him back and I doubt they'd have waiting this late into the window to get the deal done.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

And there were no outgoing players, which overall I’m happy with. We’ll be much stronger in a couple of weeks time than we were before the international break.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

^^ I forgot about big Nat.

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    Absolutely right. With a promising crop of youngsters coming through or being acquired (presumably, because he wants them) you would think he might want to see the job through. fingers crossed.
    He's built a great side by the metrics and titles. Needs to build a second great side imo to further his greatness in the game.
    Of our current seniors, Fab 28, Ali 29 and Robbo 27 would probably be the senior men in that team/squad.

Klopps the man for the job, should have a few years with an expanded Anfield on the horizon.

Neco Williams on loan to Fulham did go through! i’m not happy in truth. How the fuck does that work?

Neco Williams on loan to Fulham did go through! i’m not happy in truth. How the fuck does that work?
    Sounds to me like the loan back part has been the sticking point. I still think we'll end up signing him, just annoying that we've kind of helped them out with Neco and they've held that deal up for Carvalho.

Everton fans still seem to think the Ali deal is going through which confuses me even more.

Sky are saying we met the demands ( including loan back) but just didn't get it done in time. 🤔

Everton fans still seem to think the Ali deal is going through which confuses me even more.
    I thought there was a few hours after deadline for paperwork to get down for late transfers.