Page 48 of 151 FirstFirst ... 384142434445464748495051525354555898148 ... LastLast

Thread: General transfer thread, (not just LFC)

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Your lad's got a minute and a half to show his class here for Portugal
    Sulemana, Diaby and Doku all ones to keep an eye on as well.

One massive saving grace about the sheer number of talented players out there in the World is that the Oil clubs can't buy up everyone - there's always more players to be found and if we end up looking at the "less obvious" names whilst still succeeding, that's good enough for me.

Helps that we are in such a good position - very encouraging indeed that we can STILL see room for improvement whilst being absolutely Boss.

Liverpool have finalised the signing of promising Celtic winger Ben Doak for £600,000.

The 16-year-old had not signed a professional contract at Parkhead and a number of Premier League clubs were chasing his services. Doak looks set to be the final signing of the Michael Edwards era, as Liverpool's sporting director will leave his role in the summer.

Edwards has overseen several successful transfers during the last decade, including Mohamed Salah, Virgil van Dijk, Sadio Mane and Alisson. He will be succeeded by his assistant Julian Ward, who brokered Luis Diaz's move from Porto to Anfield in January.

Doak turned 16 last November and made his senior debut against Dundee United in January, playing two senior games to date. He hasn't been involved in Ange Postecoglou's squad since rumours of his intention to leave Celtic emerged earlier this month.

The teenager has joined Liverpool immediately but won't be eligible to play under Jurgen Klopp until next season. According to The Athletic, fellow Premier League side Leeds offered him a more lucrative deal, but his "heart was set" on a move to Anfield.

Doak has represented Scotland at U16 and U17 level, scoring a hat-trick against Georgia earlier this month. He's blessed with pace, a nice first touch and good control. His other attributes included directness and physicality, despite his slender frame."

Neil Jones
    @neiljonesgoal

Newcastle, West Ham and Southampton all keen on former Liverpool striker Taiwo Awoniyi, who is valued at £25m after a good season with Union Berlin.

Reds inserted 10 per cent sell-on clause when they sold the Nigerian international last summer.

#LFC

Bullllll sheeeeeat!!

Liverpool want to sign a top-class centre-midfielder this summer - and their number one target is West Ham's England international Declan Rice, 23. (Football Insider)

Fab is fine in there, we all know it’s Touchy Feely and Bellingham we’re after.

Rice is wanted by a few clubs, and therefore the asking price will be outrageous. I think we can find a similar level of player elsewhere. Who was excited when we signed Gini Wijnaldum? I was underwhelmed, but he transformed into an undroppable beast.
    Probably can pick up a great midfield player from our heavy relationship with the Portuguese league.

Bellingham is our Englishman for the midfield.

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    Probably can pick up a great midfield player from our heavy relationship with the Portuguese league.
    Mathews Nunes wouldn't be the cheapest, but his age profile would really work for us, decent injury record, strong, quick, likes to get the ball forward.

Has been linked with Man City which could pose a problem if we went in for him, depending on what motivates him.

I don't think Dortmund let Bellingham go this Summer. As much as I believe in waiting for the right player, I don't think we should simply sit on our midfield options until he becomes available, if we want to be competitive.

Ox+Milner departing with Nunes coming in (with plans to bring in Bellingham when we can) would be a pretty respectable window in terms of the midfield side of things.

Agree with Sid. Bellingham is unlikely to move this summer with Haaland nailed on to go. Dortmund might sell both and risk the wrath of their fans but I'd say its not likely.
    Rice is class but no way we are going near his price tag. Only Utd will this summer and Rice might think again if they're in the Europa league.
    I won't be surprised one but if he's at WH next season.
    I'd be very happy with Bellingham, all of us would be. Maybe one comes in with the Fulham lad? Enough to provide a bit of the quality we crave but not the all out reinforcing we'd like and then go for JB next summer.

Touchy Feely this summer but I don’t believe Bellingham is going anywhere other than Anfield

Touchy feels sounds like he's in the same mould as Fab. Not really what we're after, I've not seen him play though. Just going off what's been said about him.
    I won't be surprised if we sign Ward Prowse.