Page 52 of 151 FirstFirst ... 24245464748495051525354555657585962102 ... LastLast

Thread: General transfer thread, (not just LFC)

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    I'd really like us to sign him, but 2 CMs HAS to be the priority above everything else for me, our quality simply isn't good enough in CM
    Hypothetical for you here.

Would you rather one top forward and one top midfielder came in? Or two top midfielders?

Personally I see elite midfielders as being the difference makers in the biggest matches (top four/title competitors, best European sides) whereas I view top forwards as killers of lesser opposition.

With 102 points available each season against sides that aren't Man City or Chelsea I'd probably lean towards the opportunity for getting a comfortable scoreline slightly quicker in 90% of matches and being able to rest/rotate more.

It's an oversimplification of the problem perhaps, but it's roughly how I see it. Kill teams off.

07/08 Torres would get a gluttony of goals in this team so I'd love the closest thing we could find to that in the market.

My targets would be Tchouameni, Bellingham, Gravenberch (2 of that 3 but one of them being Touchy feely) Bremer and Nunez who I think is absolutely made for us and our system and could play any of the 3 forward positions

That's be a huge summer spree

Bremer rumours are very persistent and although most of us would like Gomez to stay and be happy being our top quality utility defender as Virgil, Matip and Konate are all miles better CBs than him, rumours he wants to join Stevie at Villa to try and make Southgates WC squad as a CB persist, given Joes English and the market we could maybe sign Bremer and make a profit

Oxlade and Keita I'd expect to go (maybe even Thiago, another who could star in another league but hasn't produced anything like expected) if we are to sign to CMs, Oxlade's only position he provides a good quality option in has become LFWD or RFWD now and we'd all much rather have Nunez - Again Ox is English, the market, Keita will be an absolute star in any other league as will Thiago, so fees recouped could possibly pay for the 2 mids and leave a bit of money towards signing Nunez

I agree that as with signing Diaz earlier than we planned to, it wouldn't be unreasonable to sign Nunez and have 7 top quality forwards and run one heavy for a season, giving Nunez the ability of developing with the other 6, plus we will have offloaded 2 forward options in Origi and Oxlade
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

As with every summer it's likely to expect our youth prospects who wish to leave to bring a decent chunk in too

I think we’d be lucky to see two senior summer signings

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    I think we’d be lucky to see two senior summer signings
    Agree. Carvalho plus another midfielder will be it. Diaz was a summer target, that money has been brought forward.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Agree. Carvalho plus another midfielder will be it. Diaz was a summer target, that money has been brought forward.
    Should they sell Salah, that could prompt the purchase of a replacement - but it’s not guaranteed at all.

I can imagine Klopp asking for a midfielder. Two would be stretching it. If they really want Bremer then that would mean selling a couple of centre halfs. It’s not completely infeasible.

If we win the CL there might be a little more bouyancy. But if Salah takes his new contract there will have to be some subtractions from elsewhere in the wages bill. .

I also think Klopp looks at it very differently to the way this forum looks at it. He actually likes his midfield and enjoys working with it. His finger isn’t always hovering over the transfer button

It's a DONE DEAL!!!

https://www.teamtalk.com/liverpool/darwin-nunez-transfer-news-reacts-klopp-raise-anfield-transfer-rumours

Klopp said a THING.....which dovetails with another THING that a reporter guy "observed".......and was responded to by Nunez saying another THING.....all of which adds up to and means, the deal is pretty much mission accomplished.

Obviously!

That's how the maths works.
    Everybody knows this.
    Fait accompli!
    Set in stone!
    Over and out!

It's just science; just accept it and move on.

And by the same logic and formula, Klopp also once said a THING about Martinelli so you know he's on his way too,....along with Ordegaard,.........also that Mbappe fella......I think,..... Klopp said something nice about him once upon a time so Edwards should be warpping up that deal even as we speak
    ....or his successor.
    Sorry Real. You lose again!!
    HA-HA (Nelson laugh)

Let the good times roll!
    /s

Now excuse me while a find a crowbar to unlatch by tongue from my cheek.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

lots of rumours of City now targeting Tchouameni as a replacement for Fernandinho, unlikely to go there if the interest from other clubs translates into bids imo, as he'll be in the same boat as Fernandinho was playing second fiddle to Rodri and they don't use 8's of his type, quite sure this lad wants to be playing as many games as possible

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    lots of rumours of City now targeting Tchouameni as a replacement for Fernandinho, unlikely to go there if the interest from other clubs translates into bids imo, as he'll be in the same boat as Fernandinho was playing second fiddle to Rodri and they don't use 8's of his type, quite sure this lad wants to be playing as many games as possible
    Couldn't you say the same thing about us in relation to Fab?

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Couldn't you say the same thing about us in relation to Fab?
    No because Tchouameni is comfortable at No6 and No8, he isn't the type of No8 City employ, also, I'm very confident the penny will eventually drop with Jurgen re Fab when he has 2 better No6's better suited to our style of play on the books

Edit: Also, it does need to be remembered, Fab turns 29 this October, not only is he not the best No6 for our way of playing, or in our squad, he's no spring chicken either

Generational midfield talent or ageing RB converted to DM who will never be a true midfielder, no brainer for me
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 14th April 2022 at 08:31 PM.