Page 54 of 151 FirstFirst ... 44447484950515253545556575859606164104 ... LastLast

Thread: General transfer thread, (not just LFC)

You can tell the summer is approaching, rumours are rife

Moussa Diaby is being linked, I like him, his dribbling style the elements he uses in combination, body shape, stop and go, great with both feet - I do like the old stop and go, all elements of it, the acceleration to run a defender or two where you want them, the body shape to move them and keep the ball where neither can make a tackle, the stop while your body is telling them your going one way to stand them up, then the go accelerating away from them taking the ball with your other foot - Very nice
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    You can tell the summer is approaching, rumours are rife

Moussa Diaby is being linked, I like him, his dribbling style the elements he uses in combination, body shape, stop and go, great with both feet - I do like the old stop and go, all elements of it, the acceleration to run a defender or two where you want them, the body shape to move them and keep the ball where neither can make a tackle, the stop while your body is telling them your going one way to stand them up, then the go accelerating away from them taking the ball with your other foot - Very nice
    Dear 19x, Where have you watched him? You have stated quite recently that certain squad players may be better suited to other European leagues. How do you make your judgement?

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    Dear 19x You have stated quite recently that certain squad players may be better suited to other European leagues. How do you make your judgement?
    Experience, seeing numerous players of a certain type and certain combinations of abilities struggle in the Premier League because it is faster and more physical and more competitive than a lot of other european leagues, seeing players set other leagues alight then struggle in the Prem, or be decent players for mid table sides in helping them beat lower half teams in the Prem to go and look like a world beater in Italy or France

My head sees patterns, sees mechanics in everything, sees the mechanics of different skills sets, abilities and techniques in combination and remembers which ones work incredibly well in combination, knows which combinations work very well for us, can picture a player in our team with players in support of them or releasing their runs in numerous sequences of play, as I have lots of sequences, clips of our play it's stored in there

That's how things work in my head, if that helps

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Experience, seeing numerous players of a certain type and certain combinations of abilities struggle in the Premier League because it is faster and more physical and more competitive than a lot of other european leagues, seeing players set other leagues alight then struggle in the Prem, or be decent players for mid table sides in helping them beat lower half teams in the Prem to go and look like a world beater in Italy or France

My head sees patterns, sees mechanics in everything, sees the mechanics of different skills sets, abilities and techniques in combination and remembers which ones work incredibly well in combination, knows which combinations work very well for us, can picture a player in our team with players in support of them or releasing their runs in numerous sequences of play, as I have lots of sequences, clips of our play it's stored in there

That's how things work in my head, if that helps
    Dear 19x, I cannot accept your perceptions that so-and-so is good in suchandsuch a league therefore good in PL or vice versa.
    I refer to a previous post of mine that the game is played at ground level. The best managers remain at ground level. That is where it happens. Not sure how much video they watch but if they do it has to be translated to ground level. That ground level sport has a different space and time to what we perceive as fans.

Newcastle have offered Benfica 60m euros (£50m) for Uruguay striker Darwin Nunez, 22, to try to fend off a queue of Premier League rivals vying to sign him. (Footmercato - in French)

Borussia Dortmund have reached a basic agreement with Red Bull Salzburg over signing Karim Adeyemi but the Germany forward, 20, is still in talks with Liverpool, RB Leipzig and Paris St-Germain. (Sky Sport Germany - in German)

Paolo Dybala, 28, is planning talks with both Arsenal and Tottenham as the Argentina forward's contract at Juventus is due to expire in the summer (Express, via Corriere Dello Sport)

Theres rumours we are in for Karim Adeyemi
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quite a list of suitors… but our name is not amongst them

A long list of European and Premier League clubs are lining up to bid for Torino's Brazilian centre-back Gleison Bremer, with Arsenal, Leicester, Everton and Newcastle having contacted the Serie A club. Tottenham and Atletico Madrid have sent scouts to Turin, and Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund are also monitoring the 25-year-old. (Gazzetta Dello Sport - in Italian)

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    Dear 19x, I cannot accept your perceptions that so-and-so is good in suchandsuch a league therefore good in PL or vice versa.
    I refer to a previous post of mine that the game is played at ground level. The best managers remain at ground level. That is where it happens. Not sure how much video they watch but if they do it has to be translated to ground level. That ground level sport has a different space and time to what we perceive as fans.
    I'm not sure what your obsession with this is, you think when every coach and his staff analyse every opposition team and every prospective target they are given some magical special footage that only exists for them, of every opposition team and every player they scout which is shot entirely at ground level, you think the fabled video analysis team have this special at ground level footage of all the set pieces they do such incredible work on

Do you realise how ridiculous what you're saying is, I'm not trying to be argumentative, everyone in football uses the same footage we see as fans to make the vast majority of all their decisions, on signings, on tactics, everyone, having played the game to a reasonable decent level and watched games from ground level and or near touchline level from the stands also, I don't share your perception and insistence on this, you're not making any sense

One thing I noticed at games in the stand was that the game being a lot faster when you're in the stand/at the game is a complete myth