Page 55 of 151 FirstFirst ... 54548495051525354555657585960616265105 ... LastLast

Thread: General transfer thread, (not just LFC)

I think you’re being unfair there, 19, and sound a bit triggered. It is almost certainly true that the way you look at football so obsessively is not the same way that a top manager looks at it. You don’t seem to leave any room for that possibility. If that were not so, then the greatest managers would be the most autistic managers, which they aren’t.

Of course they look at videos all the time, obsessively even. But its true what SR says - at the game they are at ground level. On the training ground too. I’ve sat behind the manager a lot and don’t enjoy it as much as being elevated as I can’t see things as clearly.

I heard Thomas Frank on the radio saying German football is coaching oriented. They see players as chess pieces whereas over here we see then more as human beings. What the difference is is anyone’s guess but you talk in the language of chess pieces.

I’d say the failed substitution of the Chelsea goalie for the penalty shootout is evidence that that kind of thinking it has its limitations. As do all world views.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    I'm not sure what your obsession with this is, you think when every coach and his staff analyse every opposition team and every prospective target they are given some magical special footage that only exists for them, of every opposition team and every player they scout which is shot entirely at ground level, you think the fabled video analysis team have this special at ground level footage of all the set pieces they do such incredible work on

Do you realise how ridiculous what you're saying is, I'm not trying to be argumentative, everyone in football uses the same footage we see as fans to make the vast majority of all their decisions, on signings, on tactics, everyone, having played the game to a reasonable decent level and watched games from ground level and or near touchline level from the stands also, I don't share your perception and insistence on this, you're not making any sense

One thing I noticed at games in the stand was that the game being a lot faster when you're in the stand/at the game is a complete myth
    Football opinions are like arseholes. Everybody has got one.

and a lot are ones (no names mentioned)
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    I think you’re being unfair there, 19, and sound a bit triggered. It is almost certainly true that the way you look at football so obsessively is not the same way that a top manager looks at it.
    Most top managers aren't autistic, but they undoubtedly look at every single aspect as obsessively as an autistic person would/does, look at the most successful in our league, why do you think Guardiola overthinks? Case closed in the case of your opening salvo

One aspect of high functioning autism is the attention to detail and the very well documented ability to most quickly recognise the most vital and critical information, people under estimate that constantly, or won't accept it, the neurotypical mind has severe difficulty in accepting that some people are far better and them at some things and will always be better than them at certain things by nature of their mental make up, as I've said numerous times, I can't take a great deal of a credit for a lot of incredible insights and perceptions I've had about a great many things, because my head does it for me, it's always done it for me.

I'm not trying to be argumentative, you have to appreciate that with me, a great deal of what I say or write is 'matter of fact' and people often confuse it for reasons a neurotypical person might same such things or similar things, I've had quite a lot of arguments here through the projection of neurotypical people, it's one of THE most annoying and frustrating traits of your species, assuming people are saying something for the reasons you would say it

In football I think the majority of people are actually very limited in their appreciation and understanding of the game and in their appreciation of players, in a lot of cases they 'get' why a player is great for example, the obvious, but they are never anywhere close to 'getting' the entirety of what makes them great, they only get the obvious 30% Sky Sports aimed at average person part of it - That isn't aimed at anyone, it' just how it is, matter of fact
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

On the subject of transfers, I absolutely expect AT LEAST one top class signing this summer, in midfield first and foremost, great that we have our recruitment system and do pretty well out of it, but, it isn't sustainable as a working model without spending the money on a couple of top top class players or the best generational talents every 3 or 4 years

For how good we are and what we have achieved so far, we wouldn't have done so had we not signed Alisson and Virgil, both were THE best available players in their position in the world when we signed them, the midfield needs some serious rejuvenation, and we need to take the same approach to that

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    Of course they look at videos all the time, obsessively even. But its true what SR says - at the game they are at ground level. On the training ground too.
    That's the reasons some managers used to sit in the stands for the first half and in post match in very busy games they are unable to explain or talk about some things they are asked about because they genuinely haven't been able to see it. In many games in 19-20 we were better in the second half and go winners in the second half, not through the managers observations from his position pitchside, but through the analysis teams snippets of where we could be better using footage of the game presented to the players at HT. Jurgen and moreso his coaches are always reveiwing footage and incidents during the game, you can see them doing it on their Ipads or whatever, once upon a time, what Scientific is trying to assert was true, but not now.

19, I genuinely think you're confusing the severity of autism with the term high functioning autism.
    Being a highly functioning autistic person simply allows someone to function in the real world almost undetected as opposed to giving them some Rainman like superpower.

Since outing yourself as this autistic supercomputer, you've been a noticeably more blunt with people, something you never really were until this recent diagnosis.

I have a highly functioning autistic daughter, and although gifted, is so understated about it. Wearing it as a badge of honour is pretty much the opposite of what she would ever do which is far more in line with almost every autistic person I've ever met or taught.

Quote Originally Posted by LFC vs PFC View Post

I have a highly functioning autistic daughter, and although gifted, is so understated about it. Wearing it as a badge of honour is pretty much the opposite of what she would ever do which is far more in line with almost every autistic person I've ever met or taught.
    In 19x's defence, I tend to bring it up in conversation with him as a means of pointing out what he has admitted himself historically on these boards. That it affects his thinking about football. I don't find him to be using it for any victim status gains. It's just noticeable that his analysis is very autistic in nature. Some of that gives him great insight but I don't think he understands where he may be wrong - the blind spot.

I disagree with what he says in the post above - that he is merely pointing out facts. It may feel like that or it may be internally consistent, but I enjoy the conversation for trying to show how that is wrong. It's actually very, very difficult to show that it's wrong - like trying to tell someone that Arrizabalaga is not going to be better at saving penalties than Mendy. It's a maddening circle of reasoning that autism does nothing to resolve.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    On the subject of transfers, I absolutely expect AT LEAST one top class signing this summer, in midfield first and foremost, great that we have our recruitment system and do pretty well out of it, but, it isn't sustainable as a working model without spending the money on a couple of top top class players or the best generational talents every 3 or 4 years

For how good we are and what we have achieved so far, we wouldn't have done so had we not signed Alisson and Virgil, both were THE best available players in their position in the world when we signed them, the midfield needs some serious rejuvenation, and we need to take the same approach to that
    I think it's nailed on 100%. Should have happened last summer. Rather than the ones we talk sboyt in here though I've a feeling it will be a surprising one.

Quote Originally Posted by LFC vs PFC View Post
    19, I genuinely think you're confusing the severity of autism with the term high functioning autism.
    Being a highly functioning autistic person simply allows someone to function in the real world almost undetected as opposed to giving them some Rainman like superpower.

Since outing yourself as this autistic supercomputer, you've been a noticeably more blunt with people, something you never really were until this recent diagnosis.

You're unfortunately using neurotypical defined terms in their limited understanding of the condition and seemingly complete lack of understanding of how the frequently occurring comorbid conditions that accompany autism effect how they work

According to data around 27% of people with autism also have bipolar, a further 20-25% have ADHD, these conditions affect how each other work - something they seem not to understand - even in diagnosis, when you look at those statistics of comorbid conditions, they don't automatically check and the other conditions when any of bipolar, ADHD or autism are the first diagnosed, which is quite frankly, absolute fucking amateur hour

Neurotypical people are 'guessing' about these conditions, they really do not understand them, the way they treat them is pretty much as they deal with people in the film 'Scanners', try and dope them up and shut them up, using medicines that weren't even created for the conditions, that pharmacists have told me they would never repeat the trials for that some them approved for use on these conditions as they would almost certainly fail to return the same results

I don't wear it is a badge of honour, I have PTSD from the 3 year Manc workplace abuse episode, and developed C-PTSD as a result of being in a severe bipolar episode and being removed from all the comfort constants and routine of people and environment of my world outside work, when you're attacked over a sustained period, you very readily and easily feel attacked, when you are later diagnosed and realise these people were attacking you because of the incredible gifts and abilities that condition gives you, it gives you an even lesser tolerance for ignorant neurotypical people being twats - Which I'm sure most will understand