Page 57 of 151 FirstFirst ... 74750515253545556575859606162636467107 ... LastLast

Thread: General transfer thread, (not just LFC)

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Just thinking in terms of the Summer and what business would be ideal outside of incoming transfers.

To me the picture looks roughly like -

Renew -

Salah
    Mane
    Keita (Not sute on Keita, we're looking at other options for his position, who don't have his injury record or stupid Afcon, Bellingham and the Salzburg playmaker)

Release -

Milner (I think Jurgen renewed or wants to renew Millies contract for another season)
    Origi
    Adrian
    Karius

Sell -

Ox
    Minamino (if price is right)

Most folks in here roughly see it the same way? Or do you see a different picture?
    I'd add to the sell list: Keita, Gomez if he really does want to leave for first team football at CB to try and make the England WC squad, I'd let him go and land Bremer, Minamino definitely sell, Bobby possibly with other forwards set to arrive, Phillips

You know me, were we able to land Tchouameni, I'd sell Fab, without blinking an eye lid, fantastic destroyer/sitting DM, if you need that kind of thing, which I really don't think we do, balls of steel when taking pens, but we can do so much better at No6 for how we play at our best, Hendo's better but ageing, and younger dynamic, quicker and athletic No6 who can also play No8 and has the better pressing and counter pressing ability and reading of the game of Hendo and better passing than Fab would be ideal, we'd just be a far FAR tougher prospect, it's an area I still believe we can make one of the biggest possible improvements in
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Let’s hope so …

Liverpool are planning to offer Senegal international Sadio Mane a new contract. The 30-year-old forward's current deal ends in 12 months. (Football Insider)

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Let’s hope so …

Liverpool are planning to offer Senegal international Sadio Mane a new contract. The 30-year-old forward's current deal ends in 12 months. (Football Insider)
    Yep, lots of sites running the story, that'll be a great signing, before our new CMs and another forward arrive in the summer

Just thinking in terms of the Summer and what business would be ideal outside of incoming transfers.

To me the picture looks roughly like -

Renew -

Salah
    Mane
    Keita

Release -

Milner
    Origi
    Adrian
    Karius

Sell -

Ox
    Minamino (if price is right)

Most folks in here roughly see it the same way? Or do you see a different picture?
    Not like Klopp to get rid of so many. Can see Keita getting a new contract if it can be done.

Front 3 is an interesting one, could afford to have all 3 extend wages permitting, but I wonder if one will be sold to reinvest.
    If these rumours are true and both Salah&Mane are close to signing, maybe it's Bobby who departs which will be sad.

Think Taki will be here next season, if the right offer came in for ox I think he could leave.

Both those keepers aren't playing so no big miss, Milner will leave some day, and it looks like Divock is off to Seria A

Lots of rumours of the filthy going after the Prems top clubs targets, you have to wonder why players would go there, particularly any of the very best young players, it's been an absolutely graveyard for the best young players

Ten Hag has a bit of rep, but, he's not done a really big club job at a top club in a meaningful league, I don't see players moving there for him or 'their project' given that's been the offer they've been peddling for the last 10 years

If you're one of the best emerging players, surely you want Klopp and Liverpool and to be part of their team of the future with numerous top quality players to join up with

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Lots of rumours of the filthy going after the Prems top clubs targets, you have to wonder why players would go there, particularly any of the very best young players, it's been an absolutely graveyard for the best young players
    Massive wages and notoriety on social media I think may be the answer to that, sadly.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Not like Klopp to get rid of so many. Can see Keita getting a new contract if it can be done.
    Depends on the situation - one of Klopp's seasons with Dortmund there was a really drastic window, with something like 9 in and 9 out, which is very extreme.

With us I could honestly see a reasonable number departing. Some of our lads aren't getting many minutes or aren't high in the pecking order and by having them depart we could accumulatively free up enough in wages to be paying a couple of lads that can contribute more (both now and in future) by being better fits/higher quality.

Will be an intriguing window for sure. We have such a good squad now that upgrading it is slowly getting trickier, which is a nice problem to have in the sense that we're really good!

Would be interested to see what the (total) wages of Origi, Milner, Adrian and Ox would add up to - genuinely think we could lose those 4 lads with a pretty negligible net loss on quality/minutes provided a midfielder comes in.

Crazy the the powers at be in football are happy to let the Halland deal go through, even though as reported the agent and players dad will receive around £30-40 million each on top of the transfer fee.

Depends on the situation - one of Klopp's seasons with Dortmund there was a really drastic window, with something like 9 in and 9 out, which is very extreme.

With us I could honestly see a reasonable number departing. Some of our lads aren't getting many minutes or aren't high in the pecking order and by having them depart we could accumulatively free up enough in wages to be paying a couple of lads that can contribute more (both now and in future) by being better fits/higher quality.

Will be an intriguing window for sure. We have such a good squad now that upgrading it is slowly getting trickier, which is a nice problem to have in the sense that we're really good!

Would be interested to see what the (total) wages of Origi, Milner, Adrian and Ox would add up to - genuinely think we could lose those 4 lads with a pretty negligible net loss on quality/minutes provided a midfielder comes in.
    I don't think Millie's going anywhere in the summer. I don't see an extreme window, but we do ideally need a couple of CM's coming in, I think we'll need 3 over 2 seasons, we're light at CM, with the nature and experience of Hendo and Millie, it would make sense for the players who'll be long term replacements to come in and be bedded in with the help of them

I don't think Jones and Elliott are the answer, short term or long term, I think they'll improve and make good contributing squad players eventually, the midfield needs 2 very talented box to box midfielders coming in, the need hasn't changed for me from what I believed we needed from 2018, powerful, quick, agile and more technically gifted box to box midfielders, who can play the medium to long balls in behind and through the lines and switches to a very high level who also have a better short game than our existing midfielders and are of course excellent in the press and counter press.

I think midfield recruitment remains a blot on Edwards copy book, I don't think it's been good at all, our best midfielder remains the lad who Kenny bought, although I do think injuries and age are starting to catch up with him -

For me I think our No6 and one of our No8's ideally needs to be box to box

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post

For me I think our No6 and one of our No8's ideally needs to be box to box
    There's a argument to be had that our midfield only need to be ball winners who give it to the front 3 and full back covers when they bomb forward. Water carriers if you like, but very very important to the way we play.