Page 59 of 151 FirstFirst ... 94952535455565758596061626364656669109 ... LastLast

Thread: General transfer thread, (not just LFC)

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Fab gets the ball as he is the deepest CM for us and most teams are boring against us.

Trent/Robbo see lots of the ball too this is because teams play deep & narrow and back themselves to win headers if crossed in at height.

Laimer is a player whose name has cropped up for a while but no idea how good he is.

You have to be good very good to get a game in our midfield as it requires certain skills that Klopp likes.
    You do, but given the kind of service our full backs and forwards thrive off and the incredible benefits we reaped in 18-20 through switching the play, having moved the teams playing narrow against us (as you details) all across leaving our player(s) on the other side in acres of space and the incredible contribution in doing those things Henderson produced very consistently from No6, you would think our midfield recruitment model would add the requirement for future players to have that ability with the ball and that it would be a 'skill' requirement Jurgen would have insisted on being added

On the face of it, we signed Thiago because the player Jurgen elects to play at No6 isn't good enough on the ball to make the play and release our forwards and full backs, which to me at least, is a nonsense, just get another No6 who has the required ability with the ball, not rocket science
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    You do, but given the kind of service our full backs and forwards thrive off and the incredible benefits we reaped in 18-20 through switching the play, having moved the teams playing narrow against us (as you details) all across leaving our player(s) on the other side in acres of space and the incredible contribution in doing those things Henderson produced very consistently from No6, you would think our midfield recruitment model would add the requirement for future players to have that ability with the ball and that it would be a 'skill' requirement Jurgen would have insisted on being added

On the face of it, we signed Thiago because the player Jurgen elects to play at No6 isn't good enough on the ball to make the play and release our forwards and full backs, which to me at least, is a nonsense, just get another No6 who has the required ability with the ball, not rocket science
    Have to see who we buy in the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Have to see who we buy in the summer.
    Carvalho and a midfielder I think will be our business. Along with what contract extensions we can do of Mane/Salah/Keita. Hopefully Klopp some day.

Perhaps more if there are sales/departures. Some of Karius/Origi/Ox/Davies/Milner/Adrian/Minamino/van den Berg/Phillips would be going certainly. Won't be all of them (and I'd like Taki to stay unless it's a really good offer) but a few will go - frees up wages.

I have said before that Thiago was a replacement (of sorts) for Wijnaldum and we just got him a year ahead of time - it would be interesting to bring a forward in ahead of time and let Firmino run his contract down if we aren't selling or extending - just have a forward here already, take advantage of insane attacking depth for a year while Diaz comes to further understand his role and Carvalho learns the Firmino role (if that's our aim) to wean us into the future. Darwin Núñez would be my pick if money was no object.

Besides that, we can expect the usual couple of youngsters. Evolution, not revolution.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Bellingham would do me, even if its just him and Carvalho

I think Jurgen extended Millie's contract by a year, I'm not sure he'll ever leave now, I think he might end up joining the coaching staff and even spend a couple more years listed as a player/coach for homegrown quotas

We might see a little more activity, 2 CM,s a CB if Gomez does want to leave for first team football ahead of the WC as alleged and another forward in addition to Carvalho

I expect Oxlade to be leaving, Origi is leaving, I'd expect Minamino plus all the others you listed bar Millie to be leaving and possibly Naby, I don't think you can carry 2 midfielders with the injury recrods of Thiago and Naby in a squad in which you need at least one of them fit for pretty much all your games, I think that's a nonsense and very poorly thought out as stated in the other thread exclusively about that subject

Linked to Gakpo, exceptional talent, but we have Diaz, Mane, Jota and Carvalho who are all very good for that position, surely we're looking at/for a two footed or left footed winger/forward
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 23rd April 2022 at 11:24 PM.

Understand your desire for two mids to come in Nineteen, just not sure that is very "us" in terms of giving our youth a chance to come in and supplement minutes, plus our conservative net spend strategy.

Let's assume for the sake of example that Milner stays but Ox departs. I'll add a midfielder (using Bellingham purely for the sake of example) in as well, just to represent the fact we could use a top mid in, the name doesn't matter. We'd then finds ourselves still looking at minutes for -

Henderson
    Fabinho
    Thiago
    Bellingham
    Keita
    Milner
    C. Jones
    Elliott
    Morton

That's be 9 lads if all stay, 8 if someone like Morton goes on loan.

I just don't see us bringing that second mid in unless Milner departs, or someone else. We've seen Keita and Thiago's minutes managed well this season and both have contributed - Elliott and Jones haven't had as much Football as we would probably want to give them, arguably as a direct consequence of the relative lack of injuries to Thiago and Keita. So if Keita and Thiago were a bit more injury-prone again in 22/23, I think their minutes get "replaced" by rotation of Elliott and Jones, plus the use of the new arrival mid.

I do see a second first-team mid arriving the season after perhaps, as we will eventually have to very slightly reduce Henderson's minutes as we bring someone else through (age, future-proofing) but personally, not yet.

Elliott and Jones needs loans in my opinion, they need to be playing more games and gaining experience in real games and we can't afford for them to learn on the job, as quite a few of this season's games they featured in has demonstrated

To me Jones does not fit in any 3 places in midfield. Hes not good enough to be an attacking midfielder. and he doesn't sit well either.I think he's more of an inside left player.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Although Gakpo is 6'2" and can and could also play at No9, maybe we're looking at a more fluid future front 3 in which No9 and LFWD and RFWD interchange more, we have already seen a lot more of LFWD and No9 interchanging

I'm surprised, with Mo's situation and age if he does indeed stay, we're not looking at or linked with by the click bait sites, more RFWDs