Page 60 of 151 FirstFirst ... 105053545556575859606162636465666770110 ... LastLast

Thread: General transfer thread, (not just LFC)

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    To me Jones does not fit in any 3 places in midfield. Hes not good enough to be an attacking midfielder. and he doesn't sit well either.I think he's more of an inside left player.
    I think that is how Gerrard deployed him at youth level at times, almost like a Coutinho role - the problem for Jones being that we don't play that way just now.

Whether or not Jones could be moulded to play the no.8 on the left remains to be seen. Still has age on his side and is surrounded by excellent role models so although he is far from the finished article, I don't think we should give up on him.

I agree, we haven’t been linked with any Mo replacements at all.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    To me Jones does not fit in any 3 places in midfield. Hes not good enough to be an attacking midfielder. and he doesn't sit well either.I think he's more of an inside left player.
    I agree, we have our disagreements, but there are a fair few thing we do agree on and Jones is one of them, he's nowhere near good enough to play insides LFWD or LFWD for us either, he's a Championship player, he should take a loan to a Championship club where he'll play in midfield for a season to see if he can at least become a top Championship midfielder people would talk about being a great prospect for Prem clubs because of his age

Part of my annoyance at not replacing Gini was, as quite a few of the LFC fan runs click bait transfer sites are now of the same view of, Jones and Elliott both need loans, if we'd signed a replacement for Gini, we wouldn't have been one or two top class experienced midfielders short for too many games and both those players would now be much better players having gained more experience and played more competitive games
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Maybe we did replace Gini with Thiago.

Gini probably wishes he stayed or chose another club as well !

Elliott doesnt need a loan he has had a bad injury which has set him back this season.

As for Jones he isnt a championship player at all he is an EPL player not being in our best three CMs isnt something to beat him with.

Lots of LFC fan sites are stupid as well saying things like sell Ox Gomez and loan Elliott Jones all sounds great until you realise that is 4 homegrown players so how do you replace them ?

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Maybe we did replace Gini with Thiago.
    Pretty much how I saw it, with the rest of the superbly reliable minutes Gini could put into a season being "topped up" by the aggregate of remaining minutes being spread out amongst other players.

Some disagree (which is fine) due to their roles being different and seemingly (?) because of the timing, in that there was overlap.

If we brought a striker in this Summer, kept Firmino for one more year and then said striker got most of Bobby's minutes in the following season, I'd see that as a Bobby replacement, even though timing wise it wasn't literally one-out, one-in within the same window. That's how I see it with Thiago.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Pretty much how I saw it, with the rest of the superbly reliable minutes Gini could put into a season being "topped up" by the aggregate of remaining minutes being spread out amongst other players.

Some disagree (which is fine) due to their roles being different and seemingly (?) because of the timing, in that there was overlap.

If we brought a striker in this Summer, kept Firmino for one more year and then said striker got most of Bobby's minutes in the following season, I'd see that as a Bobby replacement, even though timing wise it wasn't literally one-out, one-in within the same window. That's how I see it with Thiago.
    Thiago was somewhat crippled from that first Everton match. That was horrendous! Only now perhaps is he getting back . only he and Jürgen knows probably.

Hmmm Nunez, you do have to wonder, Legend Origi set to leave on a free, Jurgen does love to have a No9 in his ranks, could also be that's his idea for the lad Gakpo we're being linked with too

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Hmmm Nunez, you do have to wonder, Legend Origi set to leave on a free, Jurgen does love to have a No9 in his ranks, could also be that's his idea for the lad Gakpo we're being linked with too
    Hands off, Doc and I saw him first

Sincerely, would love him here. He'll strengthen whoever he goes to (unless poorly coached) and would get some excellent service from our lads. Would love him here. Right sort of age as well for future-proofing which I have always been a fan of.

Stories alleging Nunez and his agent want a move to Anfield and he's agreed personal terms if we can agree a fee with Benfica

I'd be very happy if this happens, could be Jurgen finding his/the next Lewandowski

Or Divock Origi