Page 61 of 151 FirstFirst ... 115154555657585960616263646566676871111 ... LastLast

Thread: General transfer thread, (not just LFC)

We seem to be playing with 3 quick players in the 3 forward roles at the minute. Rather than a false nine (apart from yesterday) So plenty of positions for Nunez to play in. If the rumours are true.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Stories alleging Nunez and his agent want a move to Anfield and he's agreed personal terms if we can agree a fee with Benfica

I'd be very happy if this happens, could be Jurgen finding his/the next Lewandowski
    I would love that to be true but can't see us stumping up that kind of money when midfield should be the priority.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    I would love that to be true but can't see us stumping up that kind of money when midfield should be the priority.
    Could depend on how the as-yet-hypothetical contract was structured.

If the fee was £60m and you pay that off over a 5-year period, that's £12m per year.

His wages could also be reasonable IF he genuinely wants to come - he'll be on something like £30,000k per week with them - could potentially bring him in and have him on £100,000 or less and the likes of Origi (£60,000 per week) and Karius will be leaving. Might also get money for the likes of Phillips, Williams if we decide to sell, Ox....these things add up and we could be prudent.

Would get more complicated if the fee was massive, or huge wage demands - but we could make our money stretch.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Who's he coming in to replace? Maybe to move on Bobby?

Would rather spend that money in the middle of the park.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post

Minamino, Oxlade,will probably move on. may get 20 million combined for them.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Minamino, Oxlade,will probably move on. may get 20 million combined for them.
    Shame about Minamino. Our players were raving about him after the game against Salzburg.
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

Quote Originally Posted by vin View Post
    Shame about Minamino. Our players were raving about him after the game against Salzburg.
    I know it is a shame, but hes not even had any minutes in months. If he wants to play football. he will have to leave.

Yes, unfortunately his time at Liverpool has come to an end, by the looks of it...

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Could depend on how the as-yet-hypothetical contract was structured.

If the fee was £60m and you pay that off over a 5-year period, that's £12m per year.

His wages could also be reasonable IF he genuinely wants to come - he'll be on something like £30,000k per week with them - could potentially bring him in and have him on £100,000 or less and the likes of Origi (£60,000 per week) and Karius will be leaving. Might also get money for the likes of Phillips, Williams if we decide to sell, Ox....these things add up and we could be prudent.

Would get more complicated if the fee was massive, or huge wage demands - but we could make our money stretch.
    Our £70m shirt sponsor contract with Standard Charter ends soon, and apparently we're seeking a better deal with, perhaps a new sponsor so, who knows?
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post

I think we will definitely be spending money in the middle of the park, even if we do sign Nunez - The usual youth players being sold on, some squad players will likely generate more than the Nunez fee and we are SURELY bringing enough in to pat for a midfielder out of our earnings
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”