Page 65 of 151 FirstFirst ... 155558596061626364656667686970717275115 ... LastLast

Thread: General transfer thread, (not just LFC)

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    I just cant see us going into next season with -

Salah
    Mane
    Diaz
    Jota
    Nunez
    Firmino

Certainly a far cry from Ngog being the only back up for Nando!
    Had typed a load out and then my phone has "noped" - I'll type a reply tomorrow from the PC with some of my for/against.

Only the Heart says we will get him, Head says we won't - but I think it has merit.

It is imperative the current squad, remains as it is. With the exception of big div and possibly Taki leaving. Another midfielder to cover or replace Henderson and I think we're golden.

What we've lacked in the seasons under Klopp is a quality squad. Depth in abundance. This is the first time in a while that I have looked at our bench and thought we could bring on anyone to make an impact. Klopp, over the last few months has used his subs perfectly to make significant impacts.

Touch wood, we are looking great both off, and on the pitch.

Genuinely want Klopp to extend his contract above any other signings incoming.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    It is imperative the current squad, remains as it is. With the exception of big div and possibly Taki leaving. Another midfielder to cover or replace Henderson and I think we're golden.
    I think we are fortunate now to have enough lads growing into "senior figure" roles at the club that one or two can depart without a massive loss.

Ox is very much on the periphery now. Milner can run forever but not at top speed nor does he accelerate quickly. Hypothetically, if those two move on it frees up about £270k per week without making our squad have a massive drop-off in quality. You replace that quality and those minutes of course - perhaps by bringing in someone like Tchouameni and/or Konrad Laimer to freshen up the squad whilst still keeping all of the best characters/veterans.

If we got both, your midfield options could then look like -

Henderson
    Thiago
    Fabinho
    Tchouameni
    Laimer
    Keita
    Jones
    Elliott

- though I honestly think both would be overkill. Take one out (let's say we get Tchouameni and not Laimer) and it still looks really good, with a view to bringing a midfield addition in the following season.

Equally, in attack, we have

Firmino
    Mane
    Salah
    Jota
    Diaz
    Origi
    Minamino

- with Carvalho coming in. We could bring in Núñez and enjoy huge depth for one season and you would still be looking at this for the season after -

Mane
    Salah
    Jota
    Diaz
    Núñez
    Carvalho

- knowing that players like Gordon and Musialowski are aiming to get into that squad and that further recruitment further down the line is possible.

That's an example of how we can improve/evolve without ridiculous expense whilst still keeping the vast majority of this squad together. It likely won't happen as above, but the possibilities are very exciting - we're in a great spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    If we got both, your midfield options could then look like -

Henderson
    Thiago
    Fabinho
    Tchouameni
    Laimer
    Keita
    Jones
    Elliottt
    Tchouameni and Laimer bring similar qualities but Tchouameni is very much the better of the 2 for me, I don't think we'll sign both those players, I'm hopeful we'll sign Tchouameni and Luka Sucic from Salzburg, the latter being more of a baller and possessing the type of passing and variety of passing our forwards and full backs thrive on, likely as an understudy to Thiago in the LCM berth although he is comfortable in several positions, while Tchouameni if comfortable at No6 or No8 and happy playing in a 2 or 3
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Sucic definitely ticks boxes as well and in terms of diversity of roles would be a really good option.

The main thing for me is that, thanks to our excellent recruitment, we're having to find/replace less players numerically to improve the squad, which is really encouraging.

There are sides in the this League where you look at them and can honestly see the need for the acquisition of 8-12 players for them to improve if they want to become competitive. With us it's such a different story and it's brilliant.

If replacements coming in are below the age of 26 as well, even better. Buys us time to find those genuinely transformative players that might be out there (like when Henderson, Alisson or one of the centre-backs need replacing) for the near-future.

Best of all, players WANT to come here and we are benefitting from La Liga not being just as strong as normal too. Not to mention that Man City are so bloody good (they are, even if I hate how they arrived there) that they don't need endless additions either, so we can attempt to buy who we want as opposed to worrying that they're going to buy 6 of our targets every Summer.

I am expecting a big and highly productive and successful summer in the market following today's announcement

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    I am expecting a big and highly productive and successful summer in the market following today's announcement
    You have to wonder if a decent transfer kitty was a condition. He did say there were a few things agreed before he signed. It wouldn’t have been unreasonable of him, considering the revenue that must be coming in at the moment.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    You have to wonder if a decent transfer kitty was a condition. He did say there were a few things agreed before he signed. It wouldn’t have been unreasonable of him, considering the revenue that must be coming in at the moment.
    I'd hope any such arrangement was merely along the lines of the recruitment model being as good as it is, we still need to bring in a couple of the very best available players in their position as we did with Alisson and Virgil periodically and that he be backed to bring in 2 of the very best generational midfield talents (and Nunez) and run a little over staffed for next season in attack as Sid has frequently suggested

Gordon

“Jurgen wanting to make our future to be as bright as our present is a big statement,” Gordon said.

We cannot rest or consolidate. We have to think at all times about improvement and we are now able to do this in the knowledge that we have retained a manager who not only shares our vision and ambition, he remains determined to deliver on it.

“For these reasons and many more, it is beyond thrilling to know Jurgen Klopp will lead us into this new era.”
    It all sounds very encouraging

Tchouanemi, Sucic, Nunez, Carvalho and possibly a CB depending what Gomez's plans are and the highly sought after young RB at Aberdeen