Page 67 of 151 FirstFirst ... 175760616263646566676869707172737477117 ... LastLast

Thread: General transfer thread, (not just LFC)

Touchy this year and Bellingham next is the ideal.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Touchy this year and Bellingham next is the ideal.
    Yep, it is a little tight on foreign/homegrown, but we can bring those played in I listed and get them all in our Premier League and Champions League squads

Bellingham for Millie next year and 2 or 3 of our youngsters will quality as homegrown in 2023 too, Bobby may well have departed freeing up a place for another foreign player
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

We're being linked to Osimhen too

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    We're being linked to Osimhen too
    We'll be linked with lots of lads this Summer no doubt, due to agents stoking up interest.

"Liverpool want him doncha know and they recruit well, so if you want to buy him best be quick" etc etc

We are compressing the game so much with our high line to the point where midfielders as such need to be such a special player or else just fill in the gaps sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    I just cant see us going into next season with -

Salah
    Mane
    Diaz
    Jota
    Nunez
    Firmino

Certainly a far cry from Ngog being the only back up for Nando!

We'll likely be after replacements for Ox and/or Jimmy next season. Another baller is all we need for next season

Thiago
    Fabinho
    Henderson
    Keita
    A. Baller

We're sorted in every other department. We also have to be careful about stunting the growth of some of the youngsters
    Had promised a prompt reply, life got in the way - sorry bud!

So, regarding the list -

Salah
    Mane
    Diaz
    Jota
    Nunez
    Firmino

- it's worth bearing in mind that Firmino's contract runs out - he'll be in his last season. So I would be leaning towards bringing *someone* (I like Nunez, he ticks certain boxes) in and we can enjoy one season of ridiculous depth.

If Carvalho comes in as well, all the better - he's an intriguing one as he can be used at midfield or at striker. Some folks view Elliott as a forward when making their "depth" lists but we have seen him used as one of the two no. 8s this season, early doors, by Klopp - not so much as a forward. A "Carvalho in, Minamino out" situation certainly helps in terms of squad quotas, much as I like Taki.

Now, regarding midfield and the need to replace Ox (and possibly Milner - which is what I would lean towards over keeping him, though am happy either way) I think we bring in the best midfielder we can for our set-up that is relatively young (Tchouameni for example) to replace one player, then (bearing in mind the 5-subs rule) let the other player be "replaced" by Jones and Elliott - giving them both more developmental minutes.

Milner has played something like 709 minutes in the League this season (feel free to correct me, that figure may be wrong) which, if he departed, gives Elliott and Jones each an extra 350 League minutes for the season each.

With the 5-subs rule I would be giving (as often as possible) two forwards and two midfielders the last 20-30 minutes of every match - this would open up massive doors in terms of rest/rotation, whilst also giving youth chances.

I think we have excellent opportunities going forward and if it were up to me I would be looking at something like -

Ins -

Tchouameni (or equivalent)
    Nunez (or equivalent)
    Carvalhi
    Back-up right back

Outs -

Ox
    Milner
    Karius
    Origi
    Adrian (promote a young keeper)
    Minamino (if the right offer comes in)

Then the following season -

Do what it takes to get Bellingham (or equivalent) in so we can "succession plan" Henderson ahead of time
    Whatever else might be needed depending on departures
    More youth signings

I think (numerically) we don't need an awful lot. Evolution, not revolution. For me it's about moving on the lesser-used lads (their wages being off the books can help pay good players) and adding 1-2 players a season that are an excellent fit for our system - we don't need Galacticos, we need the right high-quality lads - and with our recruitment, the attraction of Klopp and the attraction of the trophies we're capable of challenging for, we're in a great place.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

I thought Milner was getting another year, that seemed to be what was in between the lines of the sports press this weekend.man utd have said that Nunez is their main target this summer (mind you they have also said Rice and Tchouameni were also their main targets). What possible reason could nunez have for going there.? I understand players (and their wives) wanting to live in London and stuff, but if you are looking at a team in the north of England, and klopp has been fluttering his eyelashes already, why> is it really just the money?

Milner will be staying, Ox, Gomez and Neco will be off, so we need Millie for HG

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    What possible reason could nunez have for going there.?.....is it really just the money?
    For many, money will be the big draw.

For (some) others, a club where there's a rebuilding job may hold appeal to the ego - I'm no pro footballer so can only speculate, but if I had the talent and was in the position, plus assuming I couldn't play for Liverpool and had no allegiance to any Club, I'd get more of a kick out of being a player who kick-started regular 6th-place finishers to becoming Champion's League regulars, or being in the Championship and lifting the spirits of my team-mates to get the promotion push - or whatever - than being just another name in a highly successful side, such as joining the Bayern Munich side that has won 10 Leagues in a row, as an example.

From the sporting side, different things will motivate different people.

Also, assuming I had zero sporting allegiances (or indeed hatred for particular clubs) and I personally was offered £280,000 a week by one club and £100,000 by another I probably go where the money is - as I would love to buy up a shit-load of land with a view to making it into a Nature Reserve and the more money means the more land / regenerative tree planting. For a young materialistic player (many are!) then money will certainly appeal.

But assuming it's sport and not money - a player joining Man United and taking them to, say, third, would buy serious kudos with a fanbase. Bit of a waste if you ask me as Man United's fans are largely a fickle and entitled lot but there you go.