Page 70 of 151 FirstFirst ... 206063646566676869707172737475767780120 ... LastLast

Thread: General transfer thread, (not just LFC)

What has made you say Carmo is that lad at Torino moving elsewhere ?

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    What has made you say Carmo is that lad at Torino moving elsewhere ?
    Carmo is already better suited and has all the attributes Jurgen looks for in a CB, whereas Bremer has most of them, as Sid rightly points out, there is a slight issue with him going to ground too easily and unnecessarily at times, but Konate used to be worse than Carmo presently is for that at Leipzig, so that's easily corrected in my view, some experience at DM also and excellent medium to long passing, really strong
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    He'll never be a top CB though and we have 3 who are all much better than him, utility defender on utility defenders wages and he's a keeper
    Maybe so but no club has four top class CBs.

Gomez is very good that is good enough for me and he seems a good lad too.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Maybe so but no club has four top class CBs.

Gomez is very good that is good enough for me and he seems a good lad too.
    I really do like Gomez as our second RB and a RB for different type of opposition, quicker, stronger, better defensively and has a pretty decent cross on him too, how we completely disarmed the approach Newcastle had obviously worked on all week by starting him in place of Trent was excellent

Carmo is also age proofing as Sid calls it and we really do need 4 top CBs as we're going to be pushing for the quadruple EVERY season for some time, Carmo far more comfortable at LCB than Matip or Konate so Virgil can get some rest
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Liverpool to offer Joe Gomez a new contract this summer. [@TheoSquiresECHO]

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    That would be smashing. However I don't see us getting Nunez. He'd get little game time I'd say, just replacing Origi so he'd surely be aware of that?
    I think the 5-subs rule could be a real game-changer.

Two attackers could come on for 20-25 minutes of every League game - think how many more minutes would be available.

Convince him of the growing time he will get as other forwards pass 30 years of age whilst pointing at Diaz as an example of what can be achieved at Liverpool when joining from the Portuguese League.

Think he'd be brilliant for us.

the 5 subs is why we neeed a better midfield too, better options than Keita and ox n jones & milner anyway...

Wish we had at least 1 midfielder that could score some goals, the front 3 don't always fire when salah is flat like today, it's happened quite a few times and cost us some results.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    I think the 5-subs rule could be a real game-changer.

Two attackers could come on for 20-25 minutes of every League game - think how many more minutes would be available.

Convince him of the growing time he will get as other forwards pass 30 years of age whilst pointing at Diaz as an example of what can be achieved at Liverpool when joining from the Portuguese League.

Think he'd be brilliant for us.
    Yeah I havent taken that into consideration. I have t seen a link with him though, have you? There was a brief mention after the game at Anfield and apparently Melissa Reddy said we've watched him a while.
    I just feel one big transfer in summer and it'll be a midfielder. Diaz was surely earmarked for summer but needed to be brought in January to make sure he was ours?
    Maybe Origi leaving means we bring a forward in but Nunez would be a huge fee.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Yeah I havent taken that into consideration. I have t seen a link with him though, have you? There was a brief mention after the game at Anfield and apparently Melissa Reddy said we've watched him a while.
    I just feel one big transfer in summer and it'll be a midfielder. Diaz was surely earmarked for summer but needed to be brought in January to make sure he was ours?
    Maybe Origi leaving means we bring a forward in but Nunez would be a huge fee.
    Suspect you're right - the Núñez thing is more my Heart than my Head.

With that said, between fees coming off the books and potential sales, we could certainly muster up some cash for a "big fee" player and potentially afford the rest through revenue via going far across all comps - especially if we won the Champion's League.

Not all of the following will go, but we can see opportunities to bring money in via some of -

Milner departure (?) - wages off books
    Origi departure - wages off books
    Karius departure - wages off books
    Adrian departure - wages off books, promote youth keeper
    Phillips sale - wages off books, transfer fee received
    Minamino sale - wages off books, transfer fee received (reluctant sale in my view)
    Van den Berg sale - wages off books, transfer fee received
    Ox sale - wages off books, transfer fee received
    Knowledge that Firmino's contract could be run down (future money off books)

A reasonable chunk of the above list happening would make a big dent in the fee of Núñez - especially if the fee was paid in instalments (we aren't dropping to 5th next season or the year after unless disaster strikes) and his wages weren't extortionate.

Don't think it happens, but with prudent sales and the release of players who aren't contributing all that much, it's not impossible - forwards are massively expensive so I'd rather pay £60m or so for someone who might gives us 8-10 seasons than see us linked with someone for £90m a few years down the line.

Liverpool are ahead of Real Madrid and Chelsea in the race to sign Monaco's French midfielder Aurelien Tchouameni, 22. (Marca via Metro)