Page 73 of 151 FirstFirst ... 236366676869707172737475767778798083123 ... LastLast

Thread: General transfer thread, (not just LFC)

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Remember when you were 18. It’s just after 11 o'clock and you've done a few laps of the nightclub chatting up as many girls as possible. Because come 12.50 one of them is bound to come good.
    That's 19x with these footballers ����
    No Ian, they have their model and data analysis, I have my recorder and indelible patterns to be able to see players very vividly in our team, like Jota, when so many here were fawning all over Traore in the manner you describe for instance
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Hope this happens

Barcelona want to sign 27-year-old Manchester City's Portugal midfielder Bernardo Silva. (Mundo Deportivo)
    Lol I've been tweeting them for 2 seasons telling the bastards he's the Iniesta replacement they've been searching for, I hope this happens too, you can see it happening, I mean, it must be obvious to the player he's never going to win the Champions League at City or under Guardiola and he surely doesn't want to become another Aguerro, David Silva, Kompany or Fernandinho, or spend the rest of his career at a small time club who build statues of players for winning them their first Premier League trophy who don't have a single Champions League winners medal to their name

It would certainly weaken City and he would not be easy to replace

He’s been their best player

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Hope this happens

Barcelona want to sign 27-year-old Manchester City's Portugal midfielder Bernardo Silva. (Mundo Deportivo)
    That sounds like one of those old Chelsea deals.

In the sense that it could happen, the fee would be unusually large (funded through an offshore bank account by City's owners) and then when Man City buy Haaland Pep can use words like "financial fair play" and "net spend as we sold Silva" only for Carragher and Nevilly to spend another hour talking about fixing Man United while Micah Richards periodically laughs.

That's all well and good 19x but maybe you should take your own advice

Thinking haaland will fail just because he's playing in germany- Look at our own signings, some wasn't exactly in a "high standard" of league

The chances city create, he'll be top goalscorer unless Mo has anything to say about it.... not to mention the space he'll create for there midfielders/other attackers- who score enough already, Foden and Haaland could be some partnership for them in the future, we already struggle if Mo isn't firing, and Jota/mane doesn't bail us out... Diaz has started getting a couple at least so hopefully he'll smash more in.

Best we can hope for is he gets injured often.

Just because we've done very well with the signings of mane and salah, and it's looking like Diaz, doesn't mean the next signings will smash it off the park, which they'll need to let's be honest if they're replacing one of the best attackers we've had. I just can't see neto reaching them levels.- Also the attackers we've signed still have a lot better records than Neto before they joined us. he only signed a new contract in march not that it matters that much anymore.

It's all well and good, but you need to be realistic aswell and not live in cloud coo coo land, I wish I did to be honest life would be a lot more less Kevative.

Saying all this for now, let's enjoy the team we have- as all of us know football and things can change very quickly so we need to make the most of now and the upcoming finals and worry about city, and how haaland may do next season, I'm sure we'll get that midfielder we need and improve ourselves, it'll be interesting to see who City replace fernandinho with, if they do.

Salah has been not in form this season compared to before, and still look at his stats he's one of the reasons why we're in the champions league this season he did bail us out, a bit like gerrard did many of times last season, people seem to forget that he's been frustrating but.... nothing compared to the drops of mane and firmino previously.
    Last edited by Kev0909; 9th May 2022 at 11:27 PM.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Hahaha … no chance.

Arsenal are ready to explore a move for England forward Raheem Sterling if Manchester City agree to sell the 27-year-old this summer, when he will have one year left on his contract. (Telegraph - subscription required)

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    That's all well and good 19x but maybe you should take your own advice

Thinking haaland will fail just because he's playing in germany- Look at our own signings, some wasn't exactly in a "high standard" of league

The chances city create, he'll be top goalscorer unless Mo has anything to say about it.... not to mention the space he'll create for there midfielders/other attackers- who score enough already, Foden and Haaland could be some partnership for them in the future, we already struggle if Mo isn't firing, and Jota/mane doesn't bail us out... Diaz has started getting a couple at least so hopefully he'll smash more in.

Best we can hope for is he gets injured often.

Just because we've done very well with the signings of mane and salah, and it's looking like Diaz, doesn't mean the next signings will smash it off the park, which they'll need to let's be honest if they're replacing one of the best attackers we've had.
    Not guaranteed though, nothing ever is, better CBs, City become more focused on trying to put balls in and more predictable that they are going to try and put the ball in, you never know, maybe his ego won't agree with Guardiola's micromanagement, all sorts of things can go wrong

We didn't fair too badly this season when Mo and Mane were away Kev and Diaz only came in in time for the cup game v Cardiff, Mo was back for the Leicester game, but didn't play a meaningful part W6 D1 L0 in their absence, in a runs of games as busy as at present

Guardiola's had several failures in the market so far, what makes me incredibly positive is that Jurgen has so far never failed to improve every single player he's come into contact with, I think with the service our lads provide, Nunez could potentially outscore Haaland next season 'IF' we sign him

I hope you're right, I have a terrible feeling Nunez will go Man utd wouldn't be surprised if Sergej Milinkovic-Savic replaces Pogba either, unless they go all out for rice which wouldn't surprise me.

Fati from barca.. would be my dream signing as a long term replacement for mane/salah.... but that's wishful thinking and would cost too much for us sadly.

Christopher Nkunku is another one, which sadly might end up there, but who knows, who i'd get persoanlly if I was UTD's boss.
    Last edited by Kev0909; 9th May 2022 at 11:41 PM.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Been looking to find our more about Nunez, I can really see it happening and hope it does, he looks really incredibly comfortable in and scores goals and creates goals from all 3 of our forward positions Incredible to watch, does that Mane and Mo pace off the mark leave the full back for dead move and the Diaz slight of foot moves and he's not just a top finisher, some of the balls and the variety of types of balls he puts in are awesome