Page 76 of 151 FirstFirst ... 266669707172737475767778798081828386126 ... LastLast

Thread: General transfer thread, (not just LFC)

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    According to FFP rules, I can't see why they wouldn't just say - 'this contract includes a bonus of 20 million quid per year, paid as a gift by the Sheik at the end of each season, so long as the sheik is still owner of the club'

Can anyone say why that wouldn't conform to FFP rules?
    Nobody could say it doesn't but everybody knows it doesn't. That's the issue. They know it and everybody else knows it.
    Nobody's doing anything about it though or anyone who could have any form of influence on the situation isn't anyway.

You are only allowed to spend a certain percentage of your turnover.

Now these cheats seem to be suggesting they make more money in turnover than us Utd Madrid Bayern of course they do.

This is a club who couldnt sell all their FA Cup semi final tickets but expect people to believe those figures.

Only a matter of time before LFC Man Utd Arsenal kick off when Newcastle start spending these are reaping rewards off the back of the real big 3.

So, Rudiger off to Real Madrid.
    Wonder who will be next to desert the Chelsea ship?

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Nobody could say it doesn't but everybody knows it doesn't. That's the issue. They know it and everybody else knows it.
    Nobody's doing anything about it though or anyone who could have any form of influence on the situation isn't anyway.
    FIFA (Blatter) and UEFA (Platini) either have been, or are, under investigation.
    What can you do when people at the absolute top of the game are corrupt?

SSN has been OTT even by their standards, still, I suppose it does heap the pressure on all parties for him to be better than Shearer, Henry, Ronaldo, Suarez, Benzema, Lewandowski and Mo combined as they seem to be billing him
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post

Now these cheats seem to be suggesting they make more money in turnover than us Utd Madrid Bayern of course they do.

This is a club who couldnt sell all their FA Cup semi final tickets but expect people to believe those figures.

Only a matter of time before LFC Man Utd Arsenal kick off when Newcastle start spending these are reaping rewards off the back of the real big 3.
    Super league not looking that crazy now. When Arabs are involved, oil rich Arabsin particular, Their only concern is bettering the other.

It will become a slug fest between city and Newcastle in the next 2-3 years. That's probably how long it will take Newcastle

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post

You are only allowed to commit to payments covered by income. As far as I understand they are free to give money to the club as gifts or investment. They could pay for a new stadium for example. The could also take a big loan out so long as the repayments are covered.

So what I'm asking is why they can't make wages a gift?

I think they could so long as they are cancelled should the owners leave or move on, forced or otherwise. What you can't do is cover the wages beyond income in a way that would saddle the club with the commitments should the owners suddenly leave.

So, there are ways they could pay players extra as gifts, so far as I can imagine, as long as the payments aren't part of the running finances of the club. It's just illegal to conceal those payments, both for tax purposes, but also for transparency.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    Super league not looking that crazy now. When Arabs are involved, oil rich Arabsin particular, Their only concern is bettering the other.

It will become a slug fest between city and Newcastle in the next 2-3 years. That's probably how long it will take Newcastle
    I was in favour of the ESL, because we would have been able to compete with any of the fuckers through the revenue we would generate and all our fans across the entire planet and beyond would have got a much better deal on their TV packages and been able to watch more of our games AND we wouldn't have spent every season playing with the deck stacked against us by the Premier League, FA and refs association
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

It'll be funny when the fuckers still can't win a Champions League next year even after all this.

Because let's be honest, that's all they're competing for at this point.
    These league titles mean nothing to them anymore, and they know that Pep's not going to be here long enough for them to make a dent on the titles won lead that both we and the Scum have on them.

So it's all about getting that one missing holy grail of titles to be considered among the elite of Europe, that they don't have, while Pep is still there.

And that's what all this is about.

They are effectively,......the PSG of the Premier League.

Even funnier is the fact that Klopp could easily end up going to win two or three more of them with us before he retires, while they're still trying to throw wads of cash at the problem.

Erling isn't a solution to a problem they think got them kicked out of the CL this year or that lost them the title against Chelsea last year.
    They scored 5 goals against Real Madrid and still couldn't get it over the line.

At that point, it's not your goal-scoring that the's issue.
    It's your letting in 6 goals with three of those coming in 6 minutes.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    FIFA (Blatter) and UEFA (Platini) either have been, or are, under investigation.
    What can you do when people at the absolute top of the game are corrupt?
    UEFA were the ones who investigated and charged City. It was the court of arbitration who had their palms greased. No doubt Barca and Real leaned on UEFA for the charge against City and because it got thrown out they pursued the ESL..... that's my theory anyway.