Page 78 of 151 FirstFirst ... 286871727374757677787980818283848588128 ... LastLast

Thread: General transfer thread, (not just LFC)

So who's out and who's in?
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    That's the favourite talking point of the forum but Klopp favours training above signings. If we ask the question - could our goalkeeper be better? The answer is yes but it doesn't mean we have to sign a new one. We are very lucky to have the one we do

We could sign Tchoumeni and Bellingham in the summer but they might take a season to establish themselves. That would be because they didn't immediately improve the way we play

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    If we ask the question - could our goalkeeper be better? The answer is yes
    No it isn't, the answer is NO
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    No it isn't, the answer is NO
    you should read this forum when he drops a howler

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    you should read this forum when he drops a howler
    I know, the match threads are classic, every top player fucks up every now and then, but Alisson is the best keeper on the planet right now

I think there's more interest this summer because it is apparent we left ourselves short of top class experienced players in midfield this season and we do need to strengthen this summer to replace players in advance and age proof the team.

It is also apparent that our forwards are ageing, Mo might be moving on as it seems he's asking for too much money and potentially Bobby too as he has been moved to third choice in his position and players like Nunez for example, who can provide quality in all 3 of our forward positions don't come along and aren't available all that often and neither are generational talents like Tchouameni, so it's all quite exciting and it's not a case of this or that player could be better in the way you put it, it's a case of players getting older and the need to replace them and build for the future
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Alissons kicking is scary shit right now.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    I know, the match threads are classic, every top player fucks up every now and then, but Alisson is the best keeper on the planet right now

I think there's more interest this summer because it is apparent we left ourselves short of top class experienced players in midfield this season and we do need to strengthen this summer to replace players in advance and age proof the team.

It is also apparent that our forwards are ageing, Mo might be moving on as it seems he's asking for too much money and potentially Bobby too as he has been moved to third choice in his position and players like Nunez for example, who can provide quality in all 3 of our forward positions don't come along and aren't available all that often and neither are generational talents like Tchouameni, so it's all quite exciting and it's not a case of this or that player could be better in the way you put it, it's a case of players getting older and the need to replace them and build for the future
    I chose him because he's the best in the world. He could still improve.

All areas of the pitch could be improved, much along the lines as you suggest. No one can argue against that. The point I'm making is we have a team - right now - worthy of awe and something to be thankful for. Merely focusing on what could be better, or even revisiting the obsession that our midfield is sub standard and how so many of them need to be shipped out, using as evidence an away win against Villa, is a bit of a sad state of affairs

I've waited 30 years for our team to get to this level and, truth be told, I never imagined they would get this good

30 years is a long time

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    The big question.

Personally I feel we can cope without -

Phillips
    Karius
    Adrian
    Origi
    Milner
    Ox
    Minamino
    N. Williams

- though will add that I would quite like Minamino to stay unless the offer is right and Milner too, though I see the £150,000k weekly wage and wonder what we can do with it, due to FSG's policy. Sentimentally I would keep him - love him.

Ideally we would bring in -

Carvalho
    Tchouameni
    Núñez

I think we might get Carvalho and one of the other two, rather than getting all three, giving that we spent some Summer money early when bringing Diaz in.

Do we factor in the extra money we'll get for winning a cup, reaching and possibly winning two others? Sure there's extra cash in that and the "bonus" we get for finishing at least 2nd place.

Stadium expansion money already in the budget and looks like they're sticking to said budget for now. Not going to say we'll spend 100m+, but to continue where we left off, we need some freshness in the team. Bring back Nivea?