Page 79 of 151 FirstFirst ... 296972737475767778798081828384858689129 ... LastLast

Thread: General transfer thread, (not just LFC)

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    Do we factor in the extra money we'll get for winning a cup, reaching and possibly winning two others? Sure there's extra cash in that and the "bonus" we get for finishing at least 2nd place.

Stadium expansion money already in the budget and looks like they're sticking to said budget for now. Not going to say we'll spend 100m+, but to continue where we left off, we need some freshness in the team. Bring back Nivea?
    When we reached the league cup final this season I read an article that said we would get about £1m for winning the league cup, and winning the FA Cup is worth £3.5m. That should pay for Milner's extension if nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Ideally we would bring in

Carvalho
    Tchouameni
    Núñez
    Ramsay too, I expect us to bring in all of those, with the players leaving we'll get fees for, and with some because of age and HG status, considerable fees given what Brewster and Solanke went for a few years back and fees for any youngsters that move on, we could be bringing in around 100m, that's 90m towards Tchouameni and Nunez as Carvalho and Ramsay are 10m combined I think

We don't know if Mo's signing, I imagine he'll be listed if he decides he isn't, like you I'd like Bobby to have another year, but he's on 180k and he's third choice in his position now, not sure FSG will live with it even if we'd like to
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Núñez seems to be linked to Man United more than us at present.

Would hate to see that. The first step for them in terms of their rebuild is to get back into the Champion's League and his presence in that side would definitely give them a good chance of that.

Ideally want their lot finishing 5th or lower for multiple seasons in a row, though Arsenal and Tottenham aren't strong enough (yet) to help ensure that, whilst Chelsea's situation looks questionable.

Would hate to see that. The first step for them in terms of their rebuild is to get back into the Champion's League and his presence in that side would definitely give them a good chance of that.

Ideally want their lot finishing 5th or lower for multiple seasons in a row, though Arsenal and Tottenham aren't strong enough (yet) to help ensure that, whilst Chelsea's situation looks questionable.
    From 2024 fifth is likely to qualify for Champions League - They ditched the historic club thing and made it so 1 of each of the 2 extra places will go to the national leagues who performed the best in the previous season's competition

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    From 2024 fifth is likely to qualify for Champions League - They ditched the historic club thing and made it so 1 of each of the 2 extra places will go to the national leagues who performed the best in the previous season's competition
    Basically its ESL in all but name.

No toys out the pram from Sky on this one is there as it doesnt effect their product.

They had some helmet on SSN yesterday saying "25% of teams will qualify for the CHAMPIONS league"

Yeah hate to break the news to him but it hasnt been champions only for decades !!

Why all the fuss about Coutinho? he maybe a good player. But you see how many games Villa win with him in the starting 11?.
    Same with Fernandes. way more of a liability than a positive
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Why all the fuss about Coutinho? he maybe a good player. But you see how many games Villa win with him in the starting 11?.
    Same with Fernandes. way more of a liability than a positive
    Coutinho is finished at the top level that is why he is at Villa.

Still a good player but not good enough for us anymore not in our system anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Coutinho is finished at the top level that is why he is at Villa.

Still a good player but not good enough for us anymore not in our system anyway.
    True and yes finished., im sure there are some who still wish he was here.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

They are being linked more than anyone else to every top potentially available player - IF Jurgen does want him and our system agrees he fits our profile, we will sign him unless he is poorly advised by his agents and moves solely for money as Werner and Gini were and did

We're linked with a few very good forwards, Nunez would be my pick because he scores all kinds of goals, creates goals, is comfortable playing all 3 of our forward positions which is incredibly useful and beneficial and has all the physical attributes we look for and could hope for and, probably not on our systems list, he has an ability to find a little extra on the big occasions

They are linked with Nunez, Tchouameni, Nkunku and De Jong. De Jong more or less a done deal. It looks like they go after just who anyone else (like Liverpool) are going after.
    Tchouameni looks most likely to come to us. I wasn't a big fan of Nunez until those two games against us, when he was amazing. Funny how players get signed after a good performance against the side that will buy him..(as if they hadn't actually been scouted for ages). Luis Diaz, Minamino, all the way back to Graeme Souness playing for Middlesboro when he almost crippled half the Liverpool team. A week later he was a red.