Page 80 of 151 FirstFirst ... 307073747576777879808182838485868790130 ... LastLast

Thread: General transfer thread, (not just LFC)

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    True and yes finished., im sure there are some who still wish he was here.
    Probably those who aren't daft enough to think that one player can make Vila a top 4 side. Coutinho is a quality player as anyone who watched our game the other night could see. He was massively over priced when we sold him BUT we may have won more with a player like him on our books these last 2 years. That lack of lock picking ability has sadly cost us.

Messi has hardly been amazing even surrounded by some of the best players on the planet and in a weak league. So much comes down to being at the right club with the right manager.

He is a good player Steveo but he isnt good enough for us.

Yes he is skillful but we had his best days and he just wouldnt work here.

For the wages and money we could get a younger player with more to prove.

He is defo on the slide and he isnt going on an upward trend.

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    They are linked with Nunez, Tchouameni, Nkunku and De Jong. De Jong more or less a done deal. It looks like they go after just who anyone else (like Liverpool) are going after.
    Tchouameni looks most likely to come to us. I wasn't a big fan of Nunez until those two games against us, when he was amazing. Funny how players get signed after a good performance against the side that will buy him..(as if they hadn't actually been scouted for ages). Luis Diaz, Minamino, all the way back to Graeme Souness playing for Middlesboro when he almost crippled half the Liverpool team. A week later he was a red.
    You wonder just how much money they have/are going to throw at it, De Jong is being allowed to move for a lesser fee by all accounts, but his release clause was 260m, so his fee will likely be at least 80m

As long as Jurgen is long overdue backed to get his top targets the transfer committee and data analysis side have all identified as fitting the model and FSG have arrived at the realisation that however good the recruitment model is, you do need to splash the cash for the top targets it identifies like your Alisson's and Virgil's periodically, every 3 or 4 seasons say
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    He is a good player Steveo but he isnt good enough for us.

Yes he is skillful but we had his best days and he just wouldnt work here.

For the wages and money we could get a younger player with more to prove.

He is defo on the slide and he isnt going on an upward trend.
    No way we would pay his wages and rightly so for sure. But were he here, he would defo be getting minutes make no mistake. We need a player like him, or rather like he was.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    No way we would pay his wages and rightly so for sure. But were he here, he would defo be getting minutes make no mistake. We need a player like him, or rather like he was.
    I thought Thiago was that player Steveo?

I think he can be, I think we need to let all the players effectively make the play between them as it has been an incredible source of strength for us, and hopefully be able to find Thiago a bit higher, a bit more often, in the positions he created so consistently for Bayern
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    We seem to be after Touchy Feely who isnt like him but he is someone like I said we like due to his skillsets.

We could do with a player who can shoot from range agreed no many CMs do this now or is that just me thinking that ??!!

If we sign a forward thinking CM I guess Bellingham is the one he is going to have lots of clubs after him though 😁

Coutinho signs permanent deal with villa, undisclosed fee. Probably paid Villa to take him and paying half the fees more like. still gets subbed off, even at Villa!

Edit: 17 million apparently
    Last edited by TheDOC1979; 12th May 2022 at 08:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    I thought Thiago was that player Steveo?

I think he can be, I think we need to let all the players effectively make the play between them as it has been an incredible source of strength for us, and hopefully be able to find Thiago a bit higher, a bit more often, in the positions he created so consistently for Bayern
    I have never seen Thiago playing that advanced personally. Think he has found his role within Klopp’s system.

But we could use a good creative force at times. Someone to score a against those bus Parker’s

Again how many games do teams lose with Coutinho in the 11?..
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Anyway when it comes to breaking bus parkers. I think its the centre forward thats the problem. You need to be able to whip balls into the box and have a strong forward attack it. Then the players around can pick up the second ball.
    Trying to break down low blocks with pretty passing doesn't work. a lot of the time.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century