Page 81 of 151 FirstFirst ... 317174757677787980818283848586878891131 ... LastLast

Thread: General transfer thread, (not just LFC)

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Anyway when it comes to breaking bus parkers. I think its the centre forward thats the problem. You need to be able to whip balls into the box and have a strong forward attack it. Then the players around can pick up the second ball.
    Trying to break down low blocks with pretty passing doesn't work. a lot of the time.
    We were far better at breaking down PTB low blocks in the 19-20 season with Hendo at No6 he and Virgil dropped tohse pin point quickly up and down balls over the top of teams camped on the edge of their own area about 8 times between them for vital break through goals

This season and last when the tappy crappy started, we have played tappy crappy in front of too many of them without the variation of 19-20 we tried to play through but always had runs in behind, not everyone looking for it to feet, when it wasn't on we'd go back to Hendo when everyone was positioned to makes their runs and in good counter pressing positions and he'd play that ball or go to Virgil for him to play it
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Will you feel better with Hendo at 6 on Saturday than you would have been with Fab?

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Will you feel better with Hendo at 6 on Saturday than you would have been with Fab?
    I always feel better when Hendo's at No6, there are only a couple of games I'd start Fab there, where the opposition play with a 10 in that area so he has something to do

Then let the bumming commence.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Then let the bumming commence.
    I didn’t realise we had entered the Hunger Games

I just look at the facts with Fab in the 11 are win ratio is pretty damn good. Its not the midfield thats the problem against low blocks in the centre forward. You need too get crosses in and some one needs to attack it. Dropping off false 9s don't work. because they come off play and the opposition centre backs don't come out.so everything is front on for the defenders and easily dealt with.

We play an high line so everything is compressed in the opposition half. some games we are gonna come up against teams that are amazingly good at defending that way and we struggle. Like any other side would. Next season with the 5 sub thing. we will struggle even more. because teams will play the low block from minute 1 against us. and they wont tire. because they'll bring on 5 more defensive minded players.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    I just look at the facts with Fab in the 11 are win ratio is pretty damn good. Its not the midfield thats the problem against low blocks in the centre forward. You need too get crosses in and some one needs to attack it. Dropping off false 9s don't work. because they come off play and the opposition centre backs don't come out.so everything is front on for the defenders and easily dealt with.

We play an high line so everything is compressed in the opposition half. some games we are gonna come up against teams that are amazingly good at defending that way and we struggle. Like any other side would. Next season with the 5 sub thing. we will struggle even more. because teams will play the low block from minute 1 against us. and they wont tire. because they'll bring on 5 more defensive minded players.
    Too much tappy crappy and a lack of distribution at No6 when Fab plays there, which is my constant bug bear as we need a No6 with better distribution far more than we need Fab's skill set as a No6 against PTB teams and when we're searching for a late goal

We broke down PTB easier than any other season in 19-20, Hendo at No6 and Virgil from LCB playing the medium to long quickly up and down balls to get our players in behind defences camped on their own 18 yard box several times. It was having the runs in behind and the variation that made it possible, we would try and play through, then go back to Hendo or Virgil then release a forward in several of those games to make the breakthrough

It's the lack of variation, lack of runs in behind and everyone wanting the ball short to feet and the overplaying that's been seeing us struggle more, trying to be tappy crappy and that turning into overplaying is a bad thing, you see our forwards getting shots blocked and spurning chances through taking unnecessary extra touches, THAT is part of the overplaying too

5 subs would actually help, because of the reasons we have found it more difficult this season, the playing too much in front of defences actually helps them, each next repelled attack gives them more confidence in what they're doing, they get very settled and confident defending everything played to feet in front of them and/or aimless cross after aimless cross banged in without a real target man and danger man as Nunez could be for us in such games - If they make subs to the defence and mids in their low block, they're actually more likely to gift us a breakthrough as the new player won't be settled in the pattern

Claims Bournemouth want Nat Phillips for 8m Surely they are having a fucking laugh? 20m in the current market especially as he's HG too, if a Prem club wanted to sign a homegrown CB of his type from a Championship club it would be 15-20 million

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Claims Bournemouth want Nat Phillips for 8m Surely they are having a fucking laugh? 20m in the current market especially as he's HG too, if a Prem club wanted to sign a homegrown CB of his type from a Championship club it would be 15-20 million
    The usual delicate balance there.

What we don't want is to over-value a player again and not get the money to re-invest.

Equally we don't want to sell too cheap and let anyone think we are pushovers.

I'd probably take £12m or so for him given how low down the pecking order he would be and how that's a 33% of a £36m transfer fee, or 20% of a £60m transfer fee - for someone we don't really have a use for going forward.

Ninenteenx your blaming someone who plays 50/60 yards from goal for the problems when teams are basically in front of thir own box? the problem is the centre forward. You cant play a false 9 who drops off.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century