Page 82 of 151 FirstFirst ... 327275767778798081828384858687888992132 ... LastLast

Thread: General transfer thread, (not just LFC)

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Ninenteenx your blaming someone who plays 50/60 yards from goal for the problems when teams are basically in front of thir own box? the problem is the centre forward. You cant play a false 9 who drops off.
    We have scored NUMEROUS goals against PTB teams through our LFWD and RFWD from balls played over the top of defences camped on their own 18 yard line

It has nothing to do with not having a No9 of the type you talk about, you're effectively saying the only reason we struggle to break down PTB teams is we don't have a big powerful centre forward to lump the ball into, there is far more to it than that

All of the elements I wrote about as to why teams, not just ours, have issues against PTB teams are all the elements of why teams struggle with them at times - You have to move them, you have to have variation, you have to have runs in behind, trying to play tappy crappy everything to feet in front of them is the worse thing you can do
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

"runs in behind" - I'm praying that Robbo can 'rediscover' his ability to get to the bye-line and fizz the ball across the six yard box for our forwards.

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    "runs in behind" - I'm praying that Robbo can 'rediscover' his ability to get to the bye-line and fizz the ball across the six yard box for our forwards.
    Not for me, he doesn't pick players out from there too often, needs to work more on crosses like the one v City on a minute in this clip, note the switch from Trent in the build up too - He's played a few of them, got 2 assists with similar balls to Jota and Bobby last season too, those balls going to the central player running in behind between 2 Cbs on both occasions

Diaz stretching opposition sides and taking the full back down the line will give Robbo more time and space to play these balls and also develop little threaded passes through either channel, another thing he's better at than crossing from the byline

I'd like to see the long overdue further development of both our full backs I've been crying out for since 2018 and their movement and interaction with the forwards improved, Diaz opening the channel for Robbo to move into and be released by Diaz should be worked on also imo

I don't understand why many of the sites and rags talk about Michael Edwards in the way they do, he was the broker of deals, got the deals done in and out and he was fantastic at it, but there was a whole process in places to identify the right players, a lot of people talk about it as though he was a one man enterprise that singlehandedly identified all these players, seen one line today "Julian Ward could look to negotiate move for Michael Edwards target", he wasn't his target, he was a target identified by the clubs system and process

Think it just simplifies things for media headlines.

If we think of the film "Moneyball" for example there is a character called "Peter Brand" - this character actually represents the job roles of several people, as it makes for easier storytelling.

Really wouldn't mind us landing Laimer too, thinking long term, future proofing, absolute beast bastard mother fucker team no-one wants to play, I'm always thinking that Tchouameni, Laimer and Bellingham over the next 2 summers would be ideal in my view, looks like we're signing Carvalho too, with Elliot and Jones being the HG squad fillers job done for a few seasons

I really want Nunez too, just look at how Jurgen improves players and that he looks so comfortable right, left and centre, could be Jurgen's next Lewandowski

A lot of "noise" over the last few weeks by verified twitter accounts stating that touchy feely is a "definite" done deal. 19 would be happy

Newcastle after Calvert-Lewin allegedly

Everton will have to sell to turn around losses in income. Hopefully they still get fined huge amount of points..Then go down next season rather than this! one way or another they are going down.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    A lot of "noise" over the last few weeks by verified twitter accounts stating that touchy feely is a "definite" done deal. 19 would be happy
    I'll be happy whoever we sign really, as our process and profiles of what we need are incredibly stringent, although there are elements I believe should be included in our midfield recruitment profile that appear to not have been in it in previous seasons

I'd be happy for us to land one or two top quality generational talents and for them to exceed their incredible potential with us as we always seem to miss out on these type of players through a combination of FSGs penny pinching and greedy agents having their players move for purely financial reasons

I'd be absolutely ecstatic for FSG to show that as brilliant as the 'model' for transfers have been, sometimes, every 3 or 4 years, you do HAVE to pay the big money and going rate to bring in and beat other clubs to the very best available players for the profile for positions, like we did with Alisson and Virgil