Page 83 of 151 FirstFirst ... 337376777879808182838485868788899093133 ... LastLast

Thread: General transfer thread, (not just LFC)

Hopefully as well as maintaining Edwards prowess in landing our targets, Ward is able to maintain his ability to get the best possible resale value for any outgoing players, as at the moment, the supposed fees doing the rounds for Neco 12m and Phillips 8m and quite frankly a joke, they shouldn't be let go at knock down prices because they are surplus to requirements, Brewster and Solanke were surplus to requirements and neither were anywhere close to be as good as either Neco or Phillips at their time of sale.

We sold Lovren near the end of his career with not many years left on the clock for 10m, after several value damaging calamitous mistakes in high profile games. Homegrown status adds incredible additional value to all players, it carries a premium, it carries a premium when we want to buy a HG player and both these players have plenty of years left on the clock and Neco has incredible potential and could be possibly be sold by Fulham 3 or 4 years down the line for 3 times the alleged 12m fee

Let's not turn into mugs in the market again post Edwards, selling gold for the price of silver
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Sky Sports perpetuating the myth about Dortmund - Dortmund don't make players or improve them, except for the natural improvement of them playing games, they try and get hold of all the best emerging players to get the very best benefit of their formative years to sell them on for incredible profit margins - Because they have had success with this model the myth that Sky are perpetuating about Dortmund has been created, and instilled in the minds of many players and agents - Pretty much every player who goes there for those reasons would most likely make even quicker progress and development playing in better leagues for better clubs at which they would be playing games AND they'd actually get experience of playing in major finals and winning medals

How is it a myth?
    Look at the players who've come from there. It takes a club like Dortmund to give those players the chance to develop so they rightfully take credit for it. They must be doing something right.

Dortmund are a great club imo I follow their results and have done for years.

They nearly went bankrupt 20 years ago they now have a model that suits them.

Get Haaland £20m sell for £50-60m as well as getting him for two years now they got that new lad from Salzburg smart club.

There is no sugar daddies in Germany as all REAL clubs have 51% or more fan owned so they not allow it (Red Bull apart who are a franchise)

Lewandowski wants to leave Bayern to join Liverpool this summer allegedly

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Wouldn't say no. Can you imagine him on the end of a Trent/Tsimikas cross?. Having said that, I wouldn't want him to take the place of a younger talented player. He is 33 and I don't think he fits the FSG age bracket

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Where have you read that?

Agree Doc, not a prayer we'd sign him. Hes a Utd or Chlesea signing.

Romano saying Barcelona is his priority.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Agree Doc, not a prayer we'd sign him. Hes a Utd or Chlesea signing.
    Barcelona perhaps.

May not be their typical mould, but in terms of experience and goal-scoring capacity he would help them cement their position as their young talents develop.