Page 89 of 151 FirstFirst ... 397982838485868788899091929394959699139 ... LastLast

Thread: General transfer thread, (not just LFC)

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    He'll be sold, West Ham or Fulham would seem most likely to me, although Fulham might not stretch to the 30m fee
    £30m? For Ox?

I'd be astounded if we got that. £12m - £15m perhaps. The guy hardly plays and he hasn't long left on his contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    £30m? For Ox?

I'd be astounded if we got that. £12m - £15m perhaps. The guy hardly plays and he hasn't long left on his contract.
    Aim high, this was persistently my argument pre Edwards, just because a player becomes surplus to our requirements for whatever reason, doesn't mean they don't have great value to another club or that we should let them go on the cheap

For instance, if West Ham wanted to buy a player of Oxlade's quality from another club where he plays regularly, given that he's also homegrown you're talking a minimum of 25m

Although he doesn't play a great deal for us, he has made excellent contributions when called upon at LFWD and RFWD in particular and would make an excellent addition for West Ham, Spurs or even going back to Arsenal to help them push for top four next season 2 goals in 3 appearances at RFWD this season. He's a very high quality player they can use in 5 (FIVE) different postions

He may no longer be a title challenging level player, simply by virtue of how high we have set the bar, but he remains a top four quality level player in this league and a very good player, lot's of people jizzfesting over Bowen, who I think is also a top four level player but not a title challenging player, but put Ox in the West Ham side, playing RFWD or LFWD, I don't think he's going to be far off Bowen's contributions at all

All of that is worth a minimum of 25m in this market

We need to not fall back into the incredibly bad habit of selling high quality players of high value to other sides on the cheap, Ox made good contributions in Champions League qualifying also this season and the cups, I think you're wildly under estimating his value as most people are Neco's

Phillips I get, he can be a very good CB for a lot of clubs, given his physical attributes 15m is about right

Ox and Neco are different gravy though and for me at least carry far higher value than many here seem to give them credit for
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Like Neco, he can comfortably be a top four level attacking full back in teams that use a set up to employ such full backs, contribute in the League, Europe and cup competitions at a high level for 10 years and he's homegrown, that's worth a fuck of a lot more than 15m

P23 G2 A5 this season and he's only going to increase on those numbers

Homegrown, 21 years old, going to produce 15 plus assists a season across all comps as an attacking full back in a modern game in which his type of player with those qualities are incredibly highly sought after and coveted for 10 years AND homegrown

And some here would sell him for 12m?
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 21st May 2022 at 11:43 AM.

Problem is, he hasn’t shown it yet in the Premier League, he’s been ok. Might be worth leaving him where he is for a season to see how he does. His value probably won’t fall but it could rise dramatically

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Problem is, he hasn’t shown it yet in the Premier League, he’s been ok. Might be worth leaving him where he is for a season to see how he does. His value probably won’t fall but it could rise dramatically
    Sending him out to Fulham on a season long loan for a fee is probably the best option

Ox is top four quality, can play 5 positions, he is a top quality addition to a team like West Ham, no fucking way on this earth I'd sell him to them for a measly 15m, maybe 20m with a further 5m if they qualify for Europe again next season and other add ons based how West Ham perform

Nunez allegedly turned down approaches from Newcastle and the filthy as he wants to play Champions League football again next season - Good, can't bump the price too high if there's only one place the player wants to go

Ox swap for Bowen suits me.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

It really was key that Utd didn’t qualify for the Champions League this season

Hopefully Utd fail to win at Palace and West Ham win at Brighton so Utd can’t have another route to qualify for the Champions League in 23/24.

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    Ox swap for Bowen suits me.
    There really isn't much between the 2 for me, apart from Bowen's available most of the time, they're both just about challenging for top four level players, Bowen's overrated for me, I don't think he has the pace or all round higher level abilities we need and his numbers this season are very much a 'one off' in his career to date, I'm always wary of interest in players after one good season with their others so average

I guess on age, availability, homegrown status as a better second string option I'd swap them, not a player I'd be looking at thinking potential long term Mo successor
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 21st May 2022 at 01:20 PM.