Page 92 of 151 FirstFirst ... 4282858687888990919293949596979899102142 ... LastLast

Thread: General transfer thread, (not just LFC)

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    People will surely have to get bored if state teams keep dominating or do fans secretly wish to be taken over by them .?
    I think it's a bit of both, with some fanbases. Slot of Man United fans would love an Oil takeover you would think, anything to "stop the Scousers" and all that. Though there are fans at various clubs that want nothing to do with it.

Our success (neutral head on, big picture head on) is almost a problem. If Man City stroll to the League title every season with a 15+ point gap on everyone else, then the Premier League "product" is watered down and people will call out the obvious financial disparity.

But because we have beaten them to a League title and finished just one point behind them on two separate occasions, there is seen to be "competition" of a sort. If that competition isn't there I think more fans call them out more quickly. Arsenal fans are too wrapped up in being behind Spurs and Man United fans are too wrapped up in "anyone but Liverpool" but if Man City had won the League five seasons in a row the picture may change.

Newcastle will take a spot in the Top Four soon - if that pans out in such a way that all of Tottenham, Man United and Arsenal fail to get Champion's League football, there may be a bit more of a collective "hold on a minute..." but it's hard to say.

Quote Originally Posted by HLOGI View Post
    This is true. City are financial cheats but those 4 draws at home last year cost us. We were also amazing against the other 16 but didn't beat any of our fellow top 4 teams. So colossal effort but looking back those 4 home draws and also the 2-2 against Chelsea from 2-0 up. Draws are part of it but after the Brighton 2-2 draw I felt boy this might be massive. Hindsight is a big thing so easy to look at those things now.

So the point is not more on how we could have won it but how we can wi it next season. Injuries aside think it is again us and City. Think we going to come like 2020 season and just win it by a canter provided we add midfield players and a 9. Our boys don't take well to missing out so I see them coming hard next season.
    Agree about BHA,I distinctly remember feeling at the time it would bite us later. It was a throwaway of points but like you and many others say we are proud. Pulled out all the stops since Xmas.

Liverpool have distanced themselves from any deal for Aurélien Tchouaméni, now that they strongly believe he's joining Real Madrid.
    @MaddockMirror

Brilliant

Hope he’s shite

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    How do we bridge this gap now lads. Is it personnel or style or both. These cunts are very consistent in the league.
    More tactical variation particularly 4231 v bussing side and back 3 sides
    We've a squad better suited to 4231 anyway

When players perform like Taki etc they play more

Drop first teamers for a break/rest quicker, Salah played poorly for months and retained his spot

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Brilliant

Hope he’s shite
    If he doesn't want to come here, I am alright with it.

Alisson and Van Dijk haven't viewed us as a stepping stone. If there are players out there with their attitude, I want those.

None of the "La Decisione" types please. Run through a brick wall for a Klopp hug or piss off.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    If he doesn't want to come here, I am alright with it.

Alisson and Van Dijk haven't viewed us as a stepping stone. If there are players out there with their attitude, I want those.

None of the "La Decisione" types please. Run through a brick wall for a Klopp hug or piss off.
    Me too. Fuck him. He'd be a gamble anyway and I'm not saying that to be bitter. He's young and plays in France. Coming to the PL would be a gigantic leap in demands for him.
    We might still end up signing him and I'll say the same.

Sangare looks like something else, but am hesitant to add more AFCON lads.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    I think it's a bit of both, with some fanbases. Slot of Man United fans would love an Oil takeover you would think, anything to "stop the Scousers" and all that. Though there are fans at various clubs that want nothing to do with it.

Our success (neutral head on, big picture head on) is almost a problem. If Man City stroll to the League title every season with a 15+ point gap on everyone else, then the Premier League "product" is watered down and people will call out the obvious financial disparity.

But because we have beaten them to a League title and finished just one point behind them on two separate occasions, there is seen to be "competition" of a sort. If that competition isn't there I think more fans call them out more quickly. Arsenal fans are too wrapped up in being behind Spurs and Man United fans are too wrapped up in "anyone but Liverpool" but if Man City had won the League five seasons in a row the picture may change.

Newcastle will take a spot in the Top Four soon - if that pans out in such a way that all of Tottenham, Man United and Arsenal fail to get Champion's League football, there may be a bit more of a collective "hold on a minute..." but it's hard to say.
    Very good points Sid. People should remember that we are the only thing that stood between the PL being the Bundesliga or Ligue 1. We are still the only thing that can realistically stop them and halt the league from becoming a boring walkover every season.

Newcastle will take time and I genuinely they'll be stopped somewhere along the line.
    My best mate is a Utd fan and he's convinced that sometime those cheating fucks will get called out and their house of cards falls down and they're retrospectively stopped of the lot. A far out theory but it if so it would be sweet as a nut and all the LFC fans will have bought all the popcorn for it.
    Right now I'd take the ESL in a heartbeat if it was going to stop them.

I wonder if Gordon might start getting some prem games next season?