Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Formula One

Formula One

Never been a fan or followed it, seen them waffling about it on SSN a lot today, from what I could gather, it seemed to me like Verstappen had got his team mate to make a slip stream for him to get the fastest qualifying lap and pole position for the race - Is it pretty normal for him or his team to pull sly tricks like this?
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

How did hamilton not have to give place back??

Load of shite, was a good take-over by Max

hamilton is basically utd of f1
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

What a farce making up rules at the end?
    #FSGOUT

hahahhahaha

Brilliant

Bored of hamilton anyway, finally red bull have a half decent car. and they have a challenge

Get in max, fucking hilarious
    Last edited by Kev0909; 12th December 2021 at 03:40 PM.
    #FSGOUT

I don’t follow Formula One at all, but judging by the reactions on Twitter, it’s good to know that it’s just as controversial as the Premier League. You would think, with all this improved technology they would get things correct more often than they do.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Shambles.
    Races and championships are being won by technology, tyre companies, stewards and race organisers and directors.
    Driving skills have taken a back seat.

It seemed like a dodgy stitch up to me, if they brought the safety car out, then they should have made all cars stay behind the safety car, thus keeping Verstappen the same distance of time distance, by the cars he would have to get past, behind Hamilton as he was when the safety flag came out

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    It seemed like a dodgy stitch up to me, if they brought the safety car out, then they should have made all cars stay behind the safety car, thus keeping Verstappen the same distance of time distance, by the cars he would have to get past, behind Hamilton as he was when the safety flag came out
    "Contrived" to give Red Bull/Verstappen the win after seven years of Mercedes/Hamilton dominance.
    Mercedes might still make a protest, but the organisers will never change the fixed result.
    Not too much difference to what's been going on in the premier League for years - referees making questionable decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    "Contrived" to give Red Bull/Verstappen the win after seven years of Mercedes/Hamilton dominance.
    Mercedes might still make a protest, but the organisers will never change the fixed result.
    Not too much difference to what's been going on in the premier League for years - referees making questionable decisions.
    On the footage it seems pretty clear the Red Bull team director asked the race director to let the lapped cars pass the safety car so "Verstappen can have a go at Hamilton" I used to watch all sports when I was younger, including F1 when it was Mansell then Hill, and there was no passing the safety car back then, lapped cars or otherwise, everyone had to stay behind it and that helped keep the time advantage the leading cars had over those chasing them on the same lap, their having to navigate the cars between them and the leading cars when the safety car departed

It was a monumental stitch up imo

The FIA is to look into the decisions made at the final GP and endeavour to learn what it needs to improve!??! They're pretty much admitting there was a fuck-up and this statement is designed to try to pacify Mercedes. The result won't be changed whether Mercedes appeal or not.
    Looking forward to next season, I wonder if we'll see Verstappen continue to drive "aggressively" (dangerously). Assuming he does, he may find that he will accumulate disqualifications and possibly even bans, depending on how hard and fairly he tries to defend his title. Could be an interesting competition between Mercedes and Red Bull next season.