Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Champions League Last 16 draw

Some media suggesting it might have to be redrawn because of a cock up in the drawing which left out man utd at a certain part (freudian slip) and meant that they were not available to draw atletico, who ended up with Bayern Munchen and are not happy.
    man utd against atletico would be interesting, then you can be sure that at least one loathsome team will be out.

Yep they messed it up. We were not supposed to be in the Atleti pot and we were and Mancs were supposed to be in it. They botched it. Idiots.

Yes, it should be pointed out that United were initially drawn against a side they weren't able to play because of some mix up with the balls, so they could potentially challenge the draw, however, UEFA are just like the Premier League, FA and refs association in so many respects, as in, a law unto themselves, so even with that cock up and even were United to challenge the draw, I'd expect them to say they are more than happy with the draw despite the mix up and it stands

Plus, if they were to challenge the draw, the filthy would look like a bunch of big time bottlers and losers who are running scared of PSG and don't have the belief they are capable of beating the top teams to land the Champions League trophy
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Draw voided, it will be redrawn at 2pm unbelievable Geoff

The only issue was that United could have drawn Atletico instead of drawing PSG

Oh well, 2pm it is then, I actually don't care, as unlike the filthy and their fans, I am confident we can beat any of the teams left in the competition and we have to do so at some point to win it

We can play, they're the only teams we can draw

Benfica
    Villarreal
    Salzburg
    Inter Milan
    Sporting Lisbon
    Paris Saint-Germain

Redraw declared, what an embarrassment.

To be fair we'd be screaming blue murder if it had happened to us.

But I agree with 19, think we'll beat any of the foreign clubs comfortably, other than Real and Bayern. Even then, as long we have a crowd, i'd fancy us to beat them over two legs.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Quote Originally Posted by 3underpar View Post
    Yep they messed it up. We were not supposed to be in the Atleti pot and we were and Mancs were supposed to be in it. They botched it. Idiots.
    They also put a utd "ball" in with the villareal options ( but not RM) and arshavin picked out utd. They tossed it away and picked another lil. The uefa gimp knew he f****d up too

I think UEFA have entered a world of pain with this, should have insisted it stood, I can see Chelsea for instance kicking off if they now draw Bayern for example, because the only question mark over the initial draw is whether or not the filthy were back in the pot when who played Atletico was drawn, so everything else should really have stood

Lots of sides are potentially going to kick off if they now get a draw they don't like, because although there was an error at one point, that error didn't affect who some of those sides could have played or who they were drawn against

A shame as we would have taken that draw happily.

Given the sides we can draw, I think most of us are in the Camp of "feel we can beat anyone, but ideal to avoid PSG" really.

Sporting Lisbon would be a great tie - glamour to it from a historic perspective, our travelling fans not terribly likely to get knifed or anything, good stadium/fanbase and you'd be quietly confident that we would win.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

If they let it stand they would have been sued and lost. Think they had little choice but to redraw.