Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Policing Coronavirua postponements - Brentford v Man UTD postponed

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Unfortunately suicide will rise with all the talk of doom and gloom. It could actually take more lives than this bloody flu.
    Very plausible.

One of my closest friends took his life early on during the Pandemic. He didn't leave a note or anything of that Nature and it would be unfair to speculate. He was due to be married. I've tossed-and-turned many times as to whether he had fallen out of love and couldn't face breaking it to his partner, or if it was the Pandemic, or career stuff or what - and it was torture, so I simply try not to think about it now and it feels disrespectful to pin it in any one thing without having a Heart-to-heart with him, which of course I can no longer do.

I couldn't see him off via funeral participation due to the restrictions at the time and I definitely think it effected my (lack of) closure. He was an absolutely excellent dude - we'd also always toast an absent friend who was stabbed to Death far, far too early (age 16) any time we drank and pay tribute to another pal.

Off on a tangent here - there's an outdoor Skatepark that is nearly finished coming up in the area which would have been accessible to us all - the close friend who killed himself (Rollerblader) the friend who was stabbed (Skateboarder) and we had another pal (another suicide, before the Pandemic) who rode BMX. It's going to be a strange time using that facility and thinking about the people I WON'T be spending that time with, especially as we all had campaigned for one in our area about 20 years ago and it's only happening now.

Anyway. The Pandemic and Mental Health. It's tough. I'm the "go-to" person in my extended circle to seek advice from as I have always been so open about my health, whereas many still live in the "stigma" World of it - and my proverbial door has had a longer queue than ever outside of it than ever before, with many of them new folks who I always assumed were "A-okay" as it were.

I do hope restrictions don't cut too many people off for too long - it's taking such a huge toll.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    It could actually take more lives than this bloody flu.
    I see what you did there. Flu deaths are down 90% !
    Once a Red,
    you'll never walk alone

Quote Originally Posted by worldpanel View Post
    I see what you did there. Flu deaths are down 90% !
    Lol, I predicted that would be the case when Covid first arrived, was that the case last year too as I didn't check, I mean it's simple common sense, if people are socially distancing, wearing masks and washing their hands more frequently, then the spread and risk of infection of common flu is going to be dramatically reduced
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Voting to make vaccination compulsory on all NHS staff, with an estimated 700,000 not being vaccinated or wishing to be, poses a far greater risk to the NHS than the new variant

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Very plausible.

One of my closest friends took his life early on during the Pandemic. He didn't leave a note or anything of that Nature and it would be unfair to speculate. He was due to be married. I've tossed-and-turned many times as to whether he had fallen out of love and couldn't face breaking it to his partner, or if it was the Pandemic, or career stuff or what - and it was torture, so I simply try not to think about it now and it feels disrespectful to pin it in any one thing without having a Heart-to-heart with him, which of course I can no longer do.

I couldn't see him off via funeral participation due to the restrictions at the time and I definitely think it effected my (lack of) closure. He was an absolutely excellent dude - we'd also always toast an absent friend who was stabbed to Death far, far too early (age 16) any time we drank and pay tribute to another pal.

Off on a tangent here - there's an outdoor Skatepark that is nearly finished coming up in the area which would have been accessible to us all - the close friend who killed himself (Rollerblader) the friend who was stabbed (Skateboarder) and we had another pal (another suicide, before the Pandemic) who rode BMX. It's going to be a strange time using that facility and thinking about the people I WON'T be spending that time with, especially as we all had campaigned for one in our area about 20 years ago and it's only happening now.

Anyway. The Pandemic and Mental Health. It's tough. I'm the "go-to" person in my extended circle to seek advice from as I have always been so open about my health, whereas many still live in the "stigma" World of it - and my proverbial door has had a longer queue than ever outside of it than ever before, with many of them new folks who I always assumed were "A-okay" as it were.

I do hope restrictions don't cut too many people off for too long - it's taking such a huge toll.
    You are definitely one of the good guys mate, they're very lucky to have you as a friend.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    Amount of folk lapping it all up would sicken you too.
    Status quo

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Lol, I predicted that would be the case when Covid first arrived, was that the case last year too as I didn't check, I mean it's simple common sense, if people are socially distancing, wearing masks and washing their hands more frequently, then the spread and risk of infection of common flu is going to be dramatically reduced
    This view has become widespread but I don't think it's true.

Firstly, all the evidence (or scientific research, it's truer to say) shows that lockdowns have made no discernible difference to the spread. So what doesn't stop Covid, doesn't stop flu.

Secondly, covid has spread widely, so all the hand washing etc hasn't stopped that.

The more classical explanation (if we avoid accusing them of doctoring the numbers) is that a new virus chases out the old ones. It supplants them in evolutionary terms. That's what happens with the variants too - soon it will all be omicron until the next one comes along.

Cant see us playing Sunday now its nailed on we get more cases.

The PL need to just cancel this round of fixtures I dont like the idea of us maybe losing more big guns it is no longer competitive then.

We need to be closing our training ground down and force PL hand as you know Chelsea will and City did it last year

Bet newcastle are 'lovin it, cancel them all until 1st of feb
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Status quo
    I'm not keen on how Francis Rossi has carried on using the name, hes the only remaining original and its just not the same without Rick Parfitt. Some life those 2 have had. Rockstars.