Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Policing Coronavirua postponements - Brentford v Man UTD postponed

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    This view has become widespread but I don't think it's true.

Firstly, all the evidence (or scientific research, it's truer to say) shows that lockdowns have made no discernible difference to the spread. So what doesn't stop Covid, doesn't stop flu.

Secondly, covid has spread widely, so all the hand washing etc hasn't stopped that.

The more classical explanation (if we avoid accusing them of doctoring the numbers) is that a new virus chases out the old ones. It supplants them in evolutionary terms. That's what happens with the variants too - soon it will all be omicron until the next one comes along.
    You could be right Taskin, although, and perhaps I'm wrong in this and I'm happy to be corrected, but I always believed that the spread of common flu was in a large part due to particles spread through the cold like symptoms of it, rather than particles put into the air from the respiratory system as part of regular breathing, which is why I believed washing hands and covering faces, more frequently and more people carrying tissues etc would significantly lessen the spread.
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    You could be right Taskin, although, and perhaps I'm wrong in this and I'm happy to be corrected, but I always believed that the spread of common flu was in a large part due to particles spread through the cold like symptoms of it, rather than particles put into the air from the respiratory system as part of regular breathing, which is why I believed washing hands and covering faces, more frequently and more people carrying tissues etc would significantly lessen the spread.
    That would be true if the masks worked. But the evidence has been against that for 30 years or more. There’s the problem of clammy, overused masks being fingered by the user, nullifying the whole idea. Plus they only really work by minimising a sneeze.

Anyway, I know people who tried to give it to their girlfriend but couldn’t, or who slept with their sick husband in the same bed and didn’t get it. There is a degree to which transmission is a mystery.

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    That would be true if the masks worked. But the evidence has been against that for 30 years or more. There’s the problem of clammy, overused masks being fingered by the user, nullifying the whole idea. Plus they only really work by minimising a sneeze.

Anyway, I know people who tried to give it to their girlfriend but couldn’t, or who slept with their sick husband in the same bed and didn’t get it. There is a degree to which transmission is a mystery.
    Or that some people have immunity or greater resistance to certain viruses than others

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Or that some people have immunity or greater resistance to certain viruses than others
    Indeed. I think that's the most important factor in all of this and no-one is allowed to talk about it. they just get accused of wanting to 'let the virus rip'.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    You are definitely one of the good guys mate, they're very lucky to have you as a friend.
    Very much appreciated and well-timed too. Bit of a stinker of a day and kind words go a long way, so sincerest thanks.

Am excellent survey of the creeping global totalitarianism

https://swprs.org/the-covid-vaccine-war/

Like everything in life this will be manipulated to suit clubs . All you need is someone with covid and get them to take a few lateral flow tests and say they are from certain players. It will get at least 1 game called off which by the looks of it ,will be all it takes for all games to be off over Christmas. And certain players will be fit again.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Like everything in life this will be manipulated to suit clubs . All you need is someone with covid and get them to take a few lateral flow tests and say they are from certain players. It will get at least 1 game called off which by the looks of it ,will be all it takes for all games to be off over Christmas. And certain players will be fit again.
    It's why the Premier League have to be far more stringent, clubs should have to name (to the Premier League) which players and staff have tested positive and confirm those players will have to self isolate for 10 days for any game to be postponed

The arrangement and re-arrangement of policing and stewarding fixtures costs a lot of money, time and resources for one, and postponing any fixture should not be done without very good reason and without the Premier League putting in place such a system that will prevent any side from 'swinging the lead' in getting games postponed because it is convenient for them to

Had other clubs and managers not kicked off you can bet the filthy's game v Brighton this weekend would have gone ahead and they'd have rocked up with a full strength first team squad expecting not to face any questions or fall out on the miraculous recovery of so many players and how they were available and not still self isolating

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    So sorry to hear about this. Unfortunately it seems to be typical of our "health service" which is fast becoming unfit for purpose.
    The failure on reducing his heart meds is forgivable in a big system. Hse our own nhs version though we do private insurance as well. Mistakes happen.

The decision making processes though where these elderly people are concerned is a different matter for me.
    You are isolating elderly people, including room confinement to protect them, the health service and the nursing home business. The state making such end of life choices for people is I'd suggest somewhat totalitarian.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    I'm not keen on how Francis Rossi has carried on using the name, hes the only remaining original and its just not the same without Rick Parfitt. Some life those 2 have had. Rockstars.
    Had I the money, I would have t-shirts printed with a picture of Starmer, Rayner, Phillips and Kinnock with the title heading

Status Quo

And below picture heading

30 pieces of silver

And gift them to any disenfranchised Labour party members or former members or working people who wanted one