Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: Midweek games 14-16 Dec 2021

Looks like chelsea will be out the title race if they don't get a winner here, I can't see city dropping to many points, not sure about us depends on the injury's and covid.

Whatever city are doing in the background, they're obviously doing very well at it.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

I’d love us to be this boring.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    Snoozefest or Wankfest?
    They’ve just completely and utterly demoralised Newcastle with their ability and hunger. Class outfit.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Terrible idea though it is - preferring United in the top 4 (never for me - want them relegated, finished,washed up) ahead of the Arse or the Spuds is muddying the waters here.. - the real point has been lost I feel.

I guess the point was also very much about competing with the London clubs in a post Klopp world. Let’s be honest here, we were very much playing second fiddle to both Arsenal and Spurs as well as Chelsea. Modric, William, Eriksen, Sanchez, Salah. For first choice targets.

Does anyone believe that Virgil, Alisson or Fabinho or Salah at the second time of asking - come here without Klopp..?
    Think we get most of them. The surprising one out of that list under Klopp was the Virgil signing. Cause we messed up a little, finalising it say... and he was a high value target but we blew city out of the water financially according to pep
    Thiago is probably the jewel in the crown for.. because of Klopp. WC status, big titles won, big wages, leaving Bayern for LFC.

Without Klopp, it would be down to who that manager is going to be and what squad Klopp has left on departure.
    For me, he should see Liverpool through its current 'ageing' players phase and have the younger generation and new recruits gelled into another great side.

Most of our current best side.
    Fab, Alisson & Robbo being the next senior lads in that side. Trent being a kid relatively.

For now the transfers look like they'll be midfield and attack. Whereas the defense looks fairly set for the longer term.

Alisson/Kelleher

Trent/Neco Gomez/Philips/Konate Robbo/Tsimi

Keita Morton Fab Jones

Elliot Origi Jota Taki

Chelsea drop another 2

Good luck catching city now.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

@CC - you may be right but I think the list of players - all targets of ours and all of whom chose elsewhere pre Klopp shows we probably don’t get a single one

Chelsea definitely into a bad patch.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Chelsea definitely into a bad patch.
    Long may that continue. Be great if they could lose a few over Christmas.

I dont think a team playing with 3 at the back has ever won the league??
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Mentally when I think of Man City I treat it as a 36-game League, with us needing to be better, then aim not to lose against them, beating them obviously a Brucie-bonus.

Thinking of it like the SPL where you go into the season "having" to beat your main rival to win the League is too much pressure.

If we win today we are just one point behind them, both in the real table and the "36-game-League" table. But for our own mishap (being 2-0 up v Brighton and letting them back into it) we'd be ahead. We need to be 4 points (or less) behind them going into the later stages of the season. Any more than that (7-point gap say) and you'd think it's too much.

Let's get a win (any score will do) against Spurs today and see where we are.