Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Midweek games 14-16 Dec 2021

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    And just like that, the Shittyhad outfit closes the gap on our Goal difference advantage to just 2.

Unless we can respond in kind in our game against similarly relegation threatened Newcastle.

It looks like we're going to have to fight it (the title) off their hands.
    They're not going to give it up easy.
    We all knew that.
    They have adopted a hell of a lot of what made us miles better than them in 19-20, so even keeping winning pretty much every game, it is going to be incredibly difficult to wrestle the title from them, that we should have AT LEAST another 6 points from piss poor and soft points dropped doesn't help, we already can't afford a single bad day at the office, or game when we allow the officials influence to dictate who wins the game like v West Ham

It's 18-19 all over again, except City are a lot better having adopted so much of what made us so many points better than them in 19-20, we just have to stick to our mantra of focusing entirely on each next game, winning it and moving onto the next and see where it takes us

The fear has to be that if FSG don't invest in Tchouameni (or similarly gifted and also great for the longterm generational talent midfielder who can play No6 No8 or controller) this January window and a young aspiring highly gifted forward such as Karim Adeyemi or Hwang Hee Chan, you have to think we will drop points in 2 or 3 games in Mo, Mane's and Keita's absence or at some other point through a lack of squad depth in quality in midfield in particular and up top during Afcon

January the 1st is fast approaching
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

We have Leeds in a couple of weeks. I expect them to be half arsed as well
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

I do get the feeling they just have too many good players in their squad to drop too many more points. I have us down for a valiant second place.

I think a big January signing could make a huge difference, a real boost but we all know its not going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    I think a big January signing could make a huge difference, a real boost but we all know its not going to happen.
    Whilst with FSG's track record it would appear highly unlikely, Tchouameni and Karim Adeyemi fit their profile for players perfectly, are both incredible prospects and very good long term additions whose value and ability will continue to increase.

I think one trick FSG are missing in their financially building the club up is the attraction of star players in attracting new very young fans of big name players and generational talent players as per their FIFA card ratings, it's becoming an even bigger thing - They can't maximise our financial possibilities without signing some big name players and some of the world's best young generational talent, they can't achieve what they're trying to do by doing everything on the cheap, it matters
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    They have adopted a hell of a lot of what made us miles better than them in 19-20, so even keeping winning pretty much every game, it is going to be incredibly difficult to wrestle the title from them, that we should have AT LEAST another 6 points from piss poor and soft points dropped doesn't help, we already can't afford a single bad day at the office, or game when we allow the officials influence to dictate who wins the game like v West Ham

It's 18-19 all over again, except City are a lot better having adopted so much of what made us so many points better than them in 19-20, we just have to stick to our mantra of focusing entirely on each next game, winning it and moving onto the next and see where it takes us

The fear has to be that if FSG don't invest in Tchouameni (or similarly gifted and also great for the longterm generational talent midfielder who can play No6 No8 or controller) this January window and a young aspiring highly gifted forward such as Karim Adeyemi or Hwang Hee Chan, you have to think we will drop points in 2 or 3 games in Mo, Mane's and Keita's absence or at some other point through a lack of squad depth in quality in midfield in particular and up top during Afcon

January the 1st is fast approaching
    Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    I do get the feeling they just have too many good players in their squad to drop too many more points. I have us down for a valiant second place.
    I still believe it's in our own hands.

We're are (the both of us) going to drop points between now and the end of the season in games we should otherwise win, and I strongly feel the title will be decided in our return tie with them at the Etihad.

And I strongly believe we have enough to get something out of that tie that will hand the advantage in our favour.

We are probably one of the few teams that can go there and get the three points if we're playing our game and don't suffer the typical lapses of concentration that sees us drop points ( a big ask, I know).

Well,....us and Palace, I guess. - who also won there this season.

I also strongly believe that their more mentally invested in winning the Champions League this season after coming so close last season and narrowly losing out to Chelsea.
    And Pep knows his window to close that deal there is slowly but surely shutting.
    It's only a matter of time (or a transfer window or two before the traditional European powers that are currently struggling regain their mojo.

I can see them dropping points in games Pep rests players with an eye to a Champions League game or two.

As long as we can keep pace with them on this current run they're on and don't panic or lose composure, we should be fine if come mid January we're still neck-and-neck with them at the top.

And yes, yes, I know AFCON's gonna bollox our plans and everything....but I still think we'll be fine.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Whilst with FSG's track record it would appear highly unlikely, Tchouameni and Karim Adeyemi fit their profile for players perfectly, are both incredible prospects and very good long term additions whose value and ability will continue to increase.

I think one trick FSG are missing in their financially building the club up is the attraction of star players in attracting new very young fans of big name players and generational talent players as per their FIFA card ratings, it's becoming an even bigger thing - They can't maximise our financial possibilities without signing some big name players and some of the world's best young generational talent, they can't achieve what they're trying to do by doing everything on the cheap, it matters
    Agree with you there. Massive opportunities.
    I'd love us to go all-out in January for Bellingham but that's just pie in the sky. What a signing that would be, like Virgil was those few years ago.
    How much were we all over the moon with that, especially when it came out if the blue like a belated Xmas gift.
    Doubt there will be anyone brought in due to Salah contract negotiations, that will be this seasons covid for those fucking jokers. They should show they mean business in January.

you never know, might be a loan to be had from the championship or a cut price-fee due to contract.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    you never know, might be a loan to be had from the championship or a cut price-fee due to contract.
    Cynic?

Any of you guys watched Broja, the forward from Southampton before. He’s being mentioned a lot on fantasy football forums this season but tonight I’ve watched him for 45 minutes. He looks seriously tidy.