Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Midweek games 14-16 Dec 2021

I would prefer Utd in the top 4 rather than arsenal. Keep the footballing centre of gravity in the North West. Liverpool can't compete with Manchester but it can't with the lure of London

Quote Originally Posted by jinky View Post
    I would prefer Utd in the top 4 rather than arsenal. Keep the footballing centre of gravity in the North West. Liverpool can't compete with Manchester but it can't with the lure of London
    You mean we CAN compete with Manchester and can’t with London…? At least that is what makes sense.

I wouldn’t!

I’m happy with the players we attract here and I don’t care about footballers who are interested in shopping at Harrods or going clubbing in Mayfair

I want Ragnacock to do really well and keep the job.. but not finish in the top 4..
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Sorry I do not understand any red saying they prefer Man Utd to do better than anyone and I mean anyone.

I want him to keep the job.. because hes shit.... As for Michael Owen. i guess i can speak for most fans.. He is no longer a LFC legend (not that he was) but when he joined tha trash that was it for me.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Wasn’t aimed at your comments justme it was the wanting Utd to do well over London clubs. I hope they lose 10-0 against every other club wherever they are from.

That's something we'll have to agree to disagree on.

We have 19 titles, they have 20. We have won the European Cup/Champion's League 6 times, they're sitting on 3 - their years of success in the 90s and 00s mean they've the capacity to pay huge wages and transfer fees, even while obeying FFP (which needs to be enforced, but whole other subject) and they have a big stadium to keep the money coming in, along with all the sponsorship/merchandise.

If they ever get their act together and if Man City's spending ever gets clamped down upon, then Man United could become the Bayern Munich of this League. They are currently a laughing stock but it only takes a couple of seasons in a row of Champion's League football + a few clever signings to get them closer to being a side that gets a 4th European Cup or a 21st title, whereas City and Chelsea (for now) are much further back in the major trophy haul side of things.

Never mind Top Four - I want the buggers relegated or liquidated. That will not happen in the next 20-30 years I should think, but would be glorious. They have a largely classless fanbase that need flushed into the Championship or into Oblivion.

Short-term, the idea of them being a turn-off to more idealistic/less mercenary football players, combined with watching Ronaldo in the Europa League, would do the job. The further down the Table they are, the less chance they have of acquiring the full-backs, central midfielders or centre-backs they need to be finishing in the Top Three.

Let them languish in 6th-8th place for as long as possible then slowly slide when they're there long enough for potential targets to realise they're not worth joining.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Sorry I do not understand any red saying they prefer Man Utd to do better than anyone and I mean anyone.
    Indeed.
    This is the abiding, long term, permanent position of any red. Anyone who deviates from it needs a little bit of a reminder, or possibly water boarding

Hahaha yes Taksin, at the very least