Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Leicester (League Cup)

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    The way some go on here it should be the second coming of Paulo Maldini sat waiting as 3rd choice in the unfortunate scenario that both left backs get injured...
    I think you do people a disservice Jozza, we have just four players, all of whom are injury prone and have been out for at least 10 weeks of both the last 2 seasons, who can be considered as first team material in the 3 CM positions in our 433

We have as many as 8 players who could play or have a stab at playing the more attacking RCM role, when we set up that way, only 2 of them are good enough in the collective press and counter press though, and they're both players of the four we need to play the No6 or LCM or RCM controller roles

We DON'T have the numbers in midfield, we have numbers, but not for relevant positions or of relevant experience and quality to be considered first team starters
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

I think A LOT of people in A LOT of areas and departments at our club took their eye entirely off the ball and got caught sucking their own dicks and resting on their laurels after the Champions League and Premier League wins in back to back seasons - No players that spring to mind, but every single other department from top to bottom

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    So … Utd had fewer than 13 outfield players available when the got their match / matches postponed??

I doubt that very fuckin much
    I believe you would be correct with this thought - the guidelines i gave were supposedly what came out at Mondays meeting.

Will be interested to see what happens with Leicester and their choice of players. They are playing Man-city first on the Sunday then us on the Tuesday. You can almost gurantee they will play their strongest team against us.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

The way some go on here it should be the second coming of Paulo Maldini sat waiting as 3rd choice in the unfortunate scenario that both left backs get injured...
    And the way others go on we should be happy with a first 11. I mean we are only Liverpool FC right? We mustn’t go getting any airs and graces and believing that we are an elite club. Only the most successful club in the land but still.

We don’t have any right to compete with the likes of City (oil state owned) or Chelsea (billionaires plaything) or even United (richer than us cause they won loads in the 90’s and 2000’s).

You haven’t been watching. We have gone from blowing teams away to labouring in our last 4 games. Winning by the odd goal - see Origi for evidence.

The players are yet again being used relentlessly and it will end in tears. The squad is not big enough by a long way. It isn’t even Christmas and this is our second midfield crisis already.
    Last edited by Steveo; 20th December 2021 at 10:28 PM.

And again. How deep do you expect the squad to go where we don't feel a drop off when you lose every starting player from anyone position?

We have an amazing first 11 and some very good replacements. We don't have 30 internationals on silly money to cover the most extreme of situations.

1 world class keeper and capable back-up
    2 excellent left backs
    1 world class right back and a more than decent back-up
    1 world class CB and 4 excellent partners.
    3 excellent midfielders with 3 capable replacements and 2 promising youngsters
    1 World class forward and 3 excellent partners plus 2 International back ups.

We're not at the David N'Gog or Andriy Vorinin level of being the next off the cab rank if Torres gets injured.

We have an amazing first 11 and some very good replacements. We don't have 30 internationals on silly money to cover the most extreme of situations.

1 world class keeper and capable back-up
    2 excellent left backs
    1 world class right back and a more than decent back-up
    1 world class CB and 4 excellent partners.
    3 excellent midfielders with 3 capable replacements and 2 promising youngsters
    1 World class forward and 3 excellent partners plus 2 International back ups.

We're not at the David N'Gog or Andriy Vorinin level of being the next off the cab rank if Torres gets injured.
    You usually talk a lot of sense Jozza, it's pretty rare I disagree with you, but we're well short in midfield and your assessment of that area of our squad is a very long fucking way from being accurate -

I've explained why in detail earlier in the thread - And we've already seen what can happen and has happened in games when we played one or two of the players who are only suited to operating as the more attacking RCM in the same line up in the game v Brentford and Brighton including what happens when we play Fab as a No6 in a 3 without a LCM controller sitting alongside him in the game v Brentford and the games v City and West Ham

Our midfield is a fucking mess, it needs 2 of the highest quality best emerging generational talents adding to it, one in January, the other in the summer and to clear out 3 or 4 of the players who can only play as the more attacking mid shipping out to pay the cost of at least one of them

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    So … Utd had fewer than 13 outfield players available when the got their match / matches postponed??

I doubt that very fuckin much
    That is an interesting question.

A few reports from journos a while back said they didnt have many players jabbed.

So if they get say 3 positive covid cases any player unjabbed has to self isolate for 10 days as well as a close contact.

Its a complete disgrace and they have had no punishment for it.

Look at Germany/Italy they have 98% double jabbed they so far arent having issues like we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    You usually talk a lot of sense Jozza, it's pretty rare I disagree with you, but we're well short in midfield and your assessment of that area of our squad is a very long fucking way from being accurate -

I've explained why in detail earlier in the thread - And we've already seen what can happen and has happened in games when we played one or two of the players who are only suited to operating as the more attacking RCM in the same line up in the game v Brentford and Brighton including what happens when we play Fab as a No6 in a 3 without a LCM controller sitting alongside him in the game v Brentford and the games v City and West Ham

Our midfield is a fucking mess, it needs 2 of the highest quality best emerging generational talents adding to it, one in January, the other in the summer and to clear out 3 or 4 of the players who can only play as the more attacking mid shipping out to pay the cost of at least one of them
    6 - Fabinho & Henderson
    Cm - Thiago Milner
    Cam - Ox Keita

That's 6 players, 2 for each role.

With Jones, Elliott, Morton to varying degrees of experience and performance as back ups.
    Elliot most consistent my impression from accepting others reports, Jones most experienced and Morton a promising young lad who had a dreadful game the last day.
    It's a tough position and physicality is needed. He could have been assisted playing in a double pivot.

We have an excess at Centre back this season. We could do worse than use them occasionally in a double pivot. After all each of them are more developed physically and combative at the top level.

Given the likely circumstances of omicron interfering with team selection, the need for tactical flexibility is evermore needed.

4231/X
    A fluid front 4 that sees us play more compact.

We should probably work on a back 3 system too, 343 & 352