Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: January move for Bremer

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Great to give youth a chance. BUT really quality NOW is what counts more.. We need at least 3 oustanding players to join the squad.
    What positions would you go for justme? I'd definitely have "Jota II" and a midfielder (two) and would probably content myself at that.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Genuinely think we need a marquee signing in Jan if we are to win the title. A midfielder, a wow signing just like Virgil. Bellingham basically.
    It won't happen like.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    What positions would you go for justme? I'd definitely have "Jota II" and a midfielder (two) and would probably content myself at that.
    I would like an out and out forward and a strong midfielder.. Minamino will go.i cant see him sticking around never playing..
    So another attacking midfielder. so thats 3 positions.. I think we are ok for the rest of the squad.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Midfield is desperate. The decent midfielders we have are not the most robust, never mind Ox and Keita.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    "Stop being a tight cunt John". ......oh no that's a other band sorry. It'll have to be "pass the chicken and listen".
    I had to look that up on Wikipedia. Lolzerly.
    FSG out

Genuinely think we need a marquee signing in Jan if we are to win the title. A midfielder, a wow signing just like Virgil. Bellingham basically.
    It won't happen like.
    I think the title is done us and Chelsea have been screwed.

By mid Jan it will be all but over.

Remember last year City got a 2 week break at christmas this year with a strong variant we are told 13 players plus a keeper is enough to play.

FSG take a lot of shit but im taking my anger out on the league its them who has "made the best league in the world a farce"

So as all our players are jabbed we play on but Utd who dont have all theirs jabbed they get a break yep sounds totally above board.

We also had our league game at Leicester rejected we need to start fucking lying and stop being honest and say we only have 8 players etc.

It won't happen like.
    If we're letting Phillips go, while not being a marquee signing but being a top CB and signing, we could likely get Bremer for about the fee we'll get for Phillips and we do need 4 top CBs moving forwards, and 5 while Covid is still lurking as 2 of our top Cbs have had long standing availability issues

We desperately need a top young CM who can play No6 No8 controller or attacking to replace Gini, we have left ourselves desperately short, we were always desperately short in that area before we let Gini go

We line up, at our best LCM controller No6 RCM controller in a lot of Premier League and European games, in the other games we line up LCM controller No6 RCM attacking mid

We only have 4 FOUR CMs who can play in the 3 positions we use our midfielders in most, we only have 2 who can play at No6, we can't count Morton yet as he has a lot of learning and developing to do, and both who can play No6 have had medium term injuries causing them to miss 10 or more games in the last 2 seasons

For LCM or RCM controller only 3 of our CMs can play that position - Hendo our only other No6 also ahs had medium term injuries the past 2 seasons - Thiago who isn't entirely reliable or as good as Gini was in the position who has also had medium term injuries last season and already in this - and Milner who can't play 2 games a week without breaking down

It is nowhere near fucking enough quality in depth or cover or for rotation for the type of midfielder we need most

For RCM attacking midfield, we have numerous options, none of them of the required level and none of them good enough in the press and counter press except Hendo, who is also one of our only 4 players who can play No6 or LCM or RCM controller, Oxlade, Keita, Elliott, Jones, Thiago, and Jota and Mane if needed

The midfield's a mess and not been given enough attention and if we don't bring in a marquee signing for the necessary position vacated by Gini in January we've little chance of landing nay silverware this season and any medium term injuries could risk a severe downturn in form and results
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    If we're letting Phillips go, while not being a marquee signing but being a top CB and signing, we could likely get Bremer for about the fee we'll get for Phillips and we do need 4 top CBs moving forwards, and 5 while Covid is still lurking as 2 of our top Cbs have had long standing availability issues

We desperately need a top young CM who can play No6 No8 controller or attacking to replace Gini, we have left ourselves desperately short, we were always desperately short in that area before we let Gini go

We line up, at our best LCM controller No6 RCM controller in a lot of Premier League and European games, in the other games we line up LCM controller No6 RCM attacking mid

We only have 4 FOUR CMs who can play in the 3 positions we use our midfielders in most, we only have 2 who can play at No6, we can't count Morton yet as he has a lot of learning and developing to do, and both who can play No6 have had medium term injuries causing them to miss 10 or more games in the last 2 seasons

For LCM or RCM controller only 3 of our CMs can play that position - Hendo our only other No6 also ahs had medium term injuries the past 2 seasons - Thiago who isn't entirely reliable or as good as Gini was in the position who has also had medium term injuries last season and already in this - and Milner who can't play 2 games a week without breaking down

It is nowhere near fucking enough quality in depth or cover or for rotation for the type of midfielder we need most

For RCM attacking midfield, we have numerous options, none of them of the required level and none of them good enough in the press and counter press except Hendo, who is also one of our only 4 players who can play No6 or LCM or RCM controller, Oxlade, Keita, Elliott, Jones, Thiago, and Jota and Mane if needed

The midfield's a mess and not been given enough attention and if we don't bring in a marquee signing for the necessary position vacated by Gini in January we've little chance of landing nay silverware this season and any medium term injuries could risk a severe downturn in form and results
    I don't see us bringing in a CB even if Philips is let go. I think we are covered there now Konate is here. Might be wrong but I don't see it.
    Agree with the rest of your post though. Midfield has been neglected.

@LEGS,I pretty much agree. They're uncatchable really and we won it in 2020 by catching them resting on their laurels.
    It would be an immense feat to beat them to a title any time.
    I just think a shot in the arm in Jan could give us a fighting chance, basically the midfielder we should have brought in over the summer.
    Utd will rue those cancelled fixtures as will the others when they're playimg 3 games a week for a month or more. Might suit us playing on.
    Last edited by teesred; 20th December 2021 at 09:49 PM.

@LEGS,I pretty much agree. They're uncatchable really and we won it in 2020 by catching them resting on their laurels.
    It would be an immense feat to beat them to a title any time.
    I just think a shot in the arm in Jan could give us a fighting chance, basically the midfielder we should have brought in over the summer.
    Utd will rue those cancelled fixtures as will the others when they're playimg 3 games a week for a month or more. Might suit us playing on.
    Well Bellingham has had all 3 jabs so Klopp will be happy !

Utd have a big squad they will use it to their advantage