Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1417181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread : Liverpool v Leicester: League Cup

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    January looks busy now. rest players for the semi finals..the league is more important
    I disagree normally I would agree

but we're in the semis now, winning something is better than nothing

Way city are playing, I just can't see us getting the title, could end up with nothing.... not given up hope yet, but a cups a cup... and we may end up having to rotate in the league and losing pts because of champions league anyway.

City can do this easily, with the squad they have, us not so much.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    What a match. The biggest shock of the night for me was how good Naby looked when he came on. He was so confident in everything he done though we've seen it before . But here's hoping.
    Didnt see the game therefore this has to be a massive lie! Lolzeita.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    That’s as satisfying a win as I’ve watched in a while. Jasper Schmeichel is some cretin. Never got near a single penalty and literally never gets out of the refs ear. The ground he must cover in a season coming out to complain to the ref. Fuck Leicester and fuck Rodgers.
    Spot on !

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Konate MOTM by a mile for me, when you looked at the absolute fucking shambles that defence was in the first half and the difference he made and how he made even the hapless Gomez look almost like a Premier League defender for 45 minutes, it surely has to go to him, WHAT a signing HE is turning out to be
    I have to agree Gomez was beyond poor . I am not one to go overboard but his alertness, and positioning was very poor.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Gutted I missed that, was at work till 10 checked the scores on toliet break it was 1-3 thought that was it, especially when seeing the line-up

Great stuff, let's win it now, might aswell take it serious.
    We might as well try and win the damned thing, the league looks unlikely, unless there is the necessary signing of a top top Gini replacement and another forward in January, which seems incredibly unlikely, so finishing with as many points as we possibly can and winning the Champions League, FA and Carabao Cups would be acceptable

Worth noting league wise we were absolutely robbed by VAR against West Ham and Spurs, we'd likely have 5 more points but for that and City would have 2 less after being gifted a non penalty to win their game v Wolves, should really have a four lead over City, not forgetting that but for our failure to replace Gini we'd should have taken all 3 points from our games v Brentford, Brighton, Chelsea and City, we could be well clear had FSG not cut corners for the second season running
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Didnt see the game therefore this has to be a massive lie! Lolzeita.
    Know where you are coming from but he was , calm ,focussed and good .

Keita was superb and I don’t say that often. He looked like the player we thought we were getting. Very direct too. You wouldn’t want Keita on that form and Jota coming at you. At times they drove at the Foxes like a couple of hounds.

Just shows what is lurking in there. Such a shame we almost never see it,

Can we also all agree on my assessment of the anonymous Tielemans after yet another pathetic display when put under pressure and pressed, that he is absolutely and categorically NOT anything resembling the type of midfielder we need and that any links to him are almost certainly complete fabrication and click bait

After watching the highlights Morton was perhaps a little fortunate to escape with a yellow for his tackle on the Leicester lad in the first 10 minutes, I was watching on the small screen on a stream during the game so it wasn't so clear and the game quickly moved on, could have been in trouble if there was VAR in operation

Kevin Phillips was on Quest's commentary and pointed it our trying to claim maybe it's swings and roundabouts after the Kane one on Sunday, but that held little water with me at all, as on Sunday VAR was in operation and not in tonight's game, maybe the ref tonight wasn't in the best position or let our player get one in early as some refs do with no VAR to advise him otherwise, but there was absolutely and categorically no excuse whatsoever for Kavanagh not to advise Tierney to go to the monitor and upgrade Kane's yellow card to a straight red

Large shout out for Kelleher, thought he did great with saves. Just got on with it. Not like the tosser Kasper Schmeichel who tried all kinds of intimidation. The last penalty he faced (Jota)Schmeichel threw the ball 2 feet from himself and expected Jota to come and retrieve it.. Hes a moron just like his father
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century