Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 161920212223242526

Thread: Match Thread : Liverpool v Leicester: League Cup

Really pleased for Minamino. Still not convinced by the lad, but he’s doing everything asked of him. Him and Origi could still have a massive part to play this season.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    Really pleased for Minamino. Still not convinced by the lad, but he’s doing everything asked of him. Him and Origi could still have a massive part to play this season.
    We're going to be in trouble if we're fielding 2 players who really desperately struggle to make the system work so the team plays as well as it possibly can, and both those players struggle to do that most basic of requirements, in the absence of Mane and Mo, my preferred front 3 would be

Oxlade Bobby Jota

Oxlade has at least shown in enough performances he understands how to help the team play and function properly as a first priority when playing in place of Mane before, and he has also played very well at RFWD on occasion to gives the option of switching Jota and himself, of all 3 with Bobby playing LFWD and Jota No9

That's why I don't really have much time for Origi or Minamino, neither seem to have ever grasped what it is they need to do to help the weakened side they are part of, by virtue of them being in it, function to as high levels as it possibly can and frequently don't even get the basics of that right

Play building up on our left or right, very obvious if you watch the team, let alone fucking play in it or train with the players, that it is a pattern that is going to see a ball come into the box from Trent, Robbo, Tsimikas or Hendo - Jota, Mane, Mo and Bobby would all be making runs into the box, because like most of us, they know what's coming, Origi seems completely oblivious to it, he'll be moving away from the fucking box into the area we're using to build up for the delivery, congesting the area and fucking that up and he does it game after game after game after game after game when he gets a start, it's just not fucking good enough, such a complete and totally desperate absence of game intelligence and understanding how the team plays and what he needs to do to help it play better despite him being in it
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”