Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Leicester (?)

Your team v Leicester (?)

With the Leeds game having been called off due to Covid cases, our players have two extra days to prepare (and get Covid lads back) against a Leicester side that will be out for a little revenge after our Cup comeback. Question mark in case it doesn't go ahead.

Let's hope that lads getting out of isolation means we can field a stronger side.

In the hope that all are fit and available -

.....................Alisson

Trent.....Matip....Konate....Tsimikas

....................Fabinho

...............Henderson......Keita

...Salah............Jota.......Mane

Would honestly be perfectly happy if Klopp goes for Konate over Matip after that performance, or Thiago over Keita (moreso for rotation as I think Keita deserves the game more on recent merit) if he feels inclined.

With luck the Leeds fixture isn't slapped somewhere daft in the calendar and we can make good use of the rest. We can expect City to be temporarily 6 points ahead of us, so no resting on our laurels, needless to say.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Having seen Leicester last night, anything like a full strength Liverpool should be way too strong for them.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Having seen Leicester last night, anything like a full strength Liverpool should be way too strong for them.
    Let's hope.

In a perfect World they conjure an exhausting miracle against Man City, then play us when physically spent. But it tends not to work out that way!

Liverpool have been given the green light to delay the release of Mohamed Salah, Sadio Mane and Naby Keita for the Africa Cup of Nations.

The trio had been in danger of missing most of the festive period due to FIFA rules stating they were compelled to link up on Monday with their national team squads ahead of the tournament, which begins on January 9 in Cameroon.

However, it has emerged a request from domestic leagues was accepted by the Confederation of African Football that means clubs can now keep their players until January 3.

Salah, Mane and Keita will now be able to feature in Tuesday's Premier League visit to Leicester City and the trip to fellow title challengers Chelsea on Sunday.

Really need to take full points from this game and the Chelsea one..
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Alisson

Trent Matip Van Dijk Tsimikas

Henderson Fabinho Keita

Salah Jota Mane

I expect our lads to administer a good proper and thorough bumming, get the win and another absolutely vital 3 points
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Get the win, get rodgers the sack.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Really need to take full points from this game and the Chelsea one..
    We need to take full points from every fucking game, give we threw points away v Chelsea, City, Brentford and Brighton and got robbed by officials and VAR against West Ham and Spurs, I still don't think it will be enough and I don't think we'll see the necessary signings in January either, that midfield needs strengthening and needs 2 young top quality players who can play No6 and No8

If our move is a repeat of the Lovren one, leave ourselves short in midfield for an entire season to get the one we want the following summer and that one is Bellingham, it still is not enough, we needed to replace Gini with a player with the potential to be even better than he was AND add Bellingham in the summer

Hendo over 30 now
    Milner ancient
    Thiago 30 now

Look at the fucking system we play, the amount of midfielders we have in total and the amount of midfielder we have who can play 2 specific roles we use in every game, for the 2 specific roles we have Hendo, Fabinho and Milner out of all our midfielders who can play them to the required level, and 2 of those aren't getting any younger

Forget the league lads, I just don't see it happening this season, we've let our squad get in a bit of a mess through the penny pinching and it's the reason we've dropped the majority of the points we have so far this season and with the strength of City's squad compared to ours, I just don't think you can afford to drop 13 points as we have because we let Gini go and failed to replace him before the half way stage and expect to win it, they'll be at least one more refereeing stitch up too

Finish the league with as many points as we can this season, concentrate on winning the Champions League and domestic cups for our trophy haul

Leicester 4-0 before HT in their game at the Emptyhad today, fielded almost as strong a team as they could as well - With Vardy on the bench after feeling his hamstring in our bumming of them and N'Didi rested, otherwise pretty much full strength with the players Brenda had available

We’ll do well to finish within 10 of city I reckon. Squad need investment.