Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Leicester (?)

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    We’ll do well to finish within 10 of city I reckon.
    Possible. They're hoovering up results.

Also had a pretty narrow victory (still counts of course) against Wolves and a loss to Leipzig in the recent past.

We only need to see how threatening Chelsea looked earlier in the season and now I can't find anyone who thinks they're nailed on for the League.

Thiago is now no longer self-isolating, so he is one more option in the coming weeks.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

I feel City will run away with it too which is why I think we should treat the league cup semi finals seriously

They have Arsenal away soon.. Arsenal may actually take point off them.. we win our 2 games and we wont be far off. even if they look like running away with.. the points right now dont show that. Obviously we need to keep winning ourselves.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Any update on VVD, Thiago and Fab with the comicron?

Alison
    Trent Matip Konate Tsimi
    Hendo Keita
    Salah Firmino Mane
    Jota

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Any update on VVD, Thiago and Fab with the comicron?
    I think Van Dijk and Fabinho were in training and Thiago isn't having to self-isolate anymore.

Hope Van Dijk's in a good spot as defensive solidity would be super for us when we're briefly without our African players.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    I think Van Dijk and Fabinho were in training and Thiago isn't having to self-isolate anymore.

Hope Van Dijk's in a good spot as defensive solidity would be super for us when we're briefly without our African players.
    Cheers Sid. Was a bit distracted listening to Klopps presser, think he said we've 2 staff and 1 youth player out presently with the vaarus

Virgil, Fabinho, Thiago and Jones all back in the squad for tonights game

Alisson

Trent Matip Van Dijk Tsimikas

Henderson Fabinho Keita

Salah Jota Mane

I expect our lads to administer a dee, penetrating and through bumming, get the win an another absolutely vital 3 points
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    We’ll do well to finish within 10 of city I reckon. Squad need investment.
    City are playing our 19-20 system more or lesson with the full back tweak I wanted us to make as the first evolution to that with how they're using Cancelo, although I wanted Trent and Robbo, predominantly Trent, to be far more developed so we got the full benefit of all his talents and increased them. it's a better system than we now play, we're restricted to not being able to play it because of certain personnel and City are getting better and better and better at playing it as the games go by as you would expect

So without investment in players who are suited to and can play the system that won us the League title, at least a couple more Gini and Hendo CMs ideally 2 of the 3 very best emerging generational talents with greater technical ability, I think City will likely continue to move further away from us as they improve playing our 19-20 system with minor tweaks

Our midfield is a mess for me, too many square pegs in round holes, too many nowhere near good enough at playing the press and counter pressing game, too many players for the attacking RCM role, that we don't even always employ every game and not nearly enough or the right type of midfielders who lend themselves to a fluid midfield 3 who can play No6 or No8 controller either side and have the technical ability to operate very successfully as the more attacking midfielder as they find themselves in that position as they rotate through the 3 midfield positions
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

We need to win tonight.. its the kinda game we will look amazing in, but do stupid things and drop points.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    We need to win tonight.. its the kinda game we will look amazing in, but do stupid things and drop points.
    Nope. We'll put our our first X1and blow them away.