Thread: This weekend's other games - Boxing Day

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    It would help if Mane could hit the target from 10 yards
    yeah
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Virgil still doesn't look fit too me.
    He had a year out.

I don't know what we can expect from Virgil, but I hope for him to get to 90% of his best level. I don't know how realistic it is to see more than that, though if he finds a way, great!

Well that's chelsea out of it completely, may aswell hand it city now.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    I don't think it's a lack of wanting the points to be honest - think that's a little harsh.

We scored 85 goals that season in the League, conceded 33.

This season at the half-way mark we've scored 50 and conceded 16 - if we have an identical second half (we won't, obviously) we're talking about 100 goals scored and 32 conceded.

We got out in front that season and were buoyed by it, while Man City flaked when they realised we couldn't be caught. Perhaps we'll wilt under the weight of being adrift of Man City, perhaps we won't - but on the strength of what we have produced in the first 19 games I do think the accusation of a lack of desire to win is a little harsh.
    Yeah, I know its harsh. But, We got called" mentality monsters " for our never say die attitude. The Brentford, Brighton,West Ham and now Leicester game are games were we failed to go to the levels of that winning season. Even the Chelsea game we failed to attack a 10 man team in the whole 2nd half.

City all over Brentford but it's still 1-0. Canos the former Liverpool player has now come on. Just lump it up to the front 2 and they may nick a goal.

Yeah, I know its harsh. But, We got called" mentality monsters " for our never say die attitude. The Brentford, Brighton,West Ham and now Leicester game are games were we failed to go to the levels of that winning season. Even the Chelsea game we failed to attack a 10 man team in the whole 2nd half.
    Of those, the result that pisses me off is the Brighton one. 2-0 up in that - you can't go on to draw it. Brentford gave us a game, fair whack to them. West Ham I remember very vaguely to be honest, I "feel like" they scored with every opportunity and that can happen sometimes. Last night's one lacks cohesion, yet yet get 60+ touches in their box. So many chances either not taken or the wrong ones taken - Hendo attempts 3 difficult volleys, Salah's pen, Salah's rebound header, Mane's awful miss, Mane's glanced header, Matip's header where Firmino doesn't shout, Schmeichel's near-post save with his foot (was that Jota?) - we could have won that game anywhere from 2-1 to 5-1 on another day - yet I also felt we were really poor second-half, so it's an odd one to call.

Long story short, the Brighton one is the one I can't "forgive" - mixed bag on the others. You just can't surrender 2 points from being 2-0 up, it's incredibly wasteful.

We also had several games that season that were tight, but we won at the Death. Someone with a better memory than myself might be able to pick out a performance or two where we were "shite" that year, but won it in the dying minutes. Wouldn't like to call that myself as all the memories seem fond/happy, as they would.

We also haven't been lucky like City with players getting Covid.

True and if they did they would get a 2 week break like last season.

Still no point moaning hopefully they win it by 20 points so they get the league they deserve

Nothing to do with luck though is it really, maybe slightly

It's to do with how the clubs control players / make sure it doesn't happen..... I'm sure they earn enough to make some sacrifices or make sure they're extra safe- or family and friends are negative.

city won't concede look at how they're controlling game now, so much better game management than us and chelsea, we have no plan B
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

whos to say they aint had covid?? i wouldnt trust them as fas has i could throw them
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century