Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 58910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: This weekend's other games - Boxing Day

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    I get you now ,mate. Yeah that's true.
    Good lad Ian !

I might have had Covid but it hasnt made me love them pricks !!!

I mean Sunday is probably a draw which pretty much ends the season in reality.

When Fergie was cleaning up title was never done at xmas it is with this lot as they ALWAYS go on 10-14 winning runs.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    When Fergie was cleaning up title was never done at xmas it is with this lot as they ALWAYS go on 10-14 winning runs.
    Yeah that side of it is definitely infuriating - didn't even always have to breach the 80-point barrier, nevermind getting 97 points and it not being enough.

Their 98/99 season they crow about (it was a huge achievement overall, granted) they won the League by getting 79 points. Imagine the fun Klopp would have with us if that was the bar!

We will in all liklihood end up with the same or maybe even less defeats than them.
    Draws are are undoing and also Chelsea's. We have too many already and will certainly accrue more, City rarely draw so they have the luxury of affording defeats.
    The worry is that they stitch the title up so soon they can then really afford to go all out for the CL and just hoover up the lot. Once they get one more will follow. In short they will ruin football in this country ....( well they already have but don't let that spoil my dramatic statement,ah lolz).

So much doom and gloom ! There are still 54 points up for grabs yet all anyone can do is dwell on City and their signings.

Buying a 50mil player dosen't guarantee the on field performance we above anyone should know this.We still hold the record

making the highest transfer 142mil who turned into an onfield bust at 2 of the worlds top clubs......Coutinho !

This shows money on it's own dosen't buy success
    Last edited by fagin; 31st December 2021 at 01:06 AM.

we beat Chelsea and the fixure against Man-city.. thats only 3 points with a remaining 17 fixtures. The problem is the oppositon they are at walking pace against Man-city and give everything when they play us.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by fagin View Post
    So much doom and gloom ! There are still 54 points up for grabs yet all anyone can do is dwell on City and their signings.

Buying a 50mil player dosen't guarantee the on field performance we above anyone should know this.We still hold the record

making the highest transfer 142mil who turned into an onfield bust at 2 of the worlds top clubs......Coutinho !

It doesn't. But it certainly helps! It's helped take two middling clubs and propel them to the top table.

Quote Originally Posted by fagin View Post

I’m not lamenting their signings at all. More how much better they are at the moment than we are.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    I’m not lamenting their signings at all. More how much better they are at the moment than we are.
    I think it would be better if we consider why our players are playing so bad not that we as fans can do anything about.
    Our players are on good earnings but they're not producing on the pitch in comparison to their wages

We have possibly the best 1st 11 in the league when fit especially if Klopp can get them all playing to their potential.I think he is too soft on the team.
    Pep who most don't like took Silva,Mahrez and Sterling out of their team when they weren't on form to the point they all wanted out.
    Klopp needs to be doing this with his team.
    Yes we need a couple good signings but for the most part our team can compete and beat any other team.Stubborn old Klopp needs to get this team firing before or after Afcon preferably before.

The best first 11?

City have a midfield containing:

Bernardo Silva
    De Bruyne
    Gundogan
    Foden
    Fernandinho
    Rodri
    Grealish

Midfield is the key here. Our midfield isn’t close to that no matter what spin anyone wants to try. Thiago the only player who creatively comes into that bracket. Fabinho the only one defensively.