Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891011121316 ... LastLast

Thread: This weekend's other games - Boxing Day

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    I don't think VAR was in play the other night. Though I could be wrong .
    my point is this whole "us" against the world thing is complete and utter, shite.

There's been a fair few occasions we've got away with stuff so far.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    my point is this whole "us" against the world thing is complete and utter, shite.

There's been a fair few occasions we've got away with stuff so far.
    It's a kick in the balls though when Tierney was the VAR in the City game yesterday and asked the Ref to review a penalty decision .

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    I don't think VAR was in play the other night. Though I could be wrong .
    It wasn’t. He’d have gone for sure. Statistically we get as many if not more controversial decisions in our favour than just about any other side.
    Yes we can go through games or even periods of a season where it feels like we get ridden bare backed but imaging how fans of clubs not in the big 4/6 feel getting very few contentious decisions any time they play a big side. Far more apparent from their point of view.

On the balance of a season Kev, i'd say we are usually a pretty clean team. Maybe because we have so much possession, maybe not. There was no VAR the other night - not sure if that's the case for SF and Final or not. Morton could easy have gone, maybe we got the benefit of the doubt due to the Kane farce. Ref let a lot go, Jota left an elbow on the Leicester LB i think too out on the touchline, without replays it shows how unsure ref's are about incidents in real time.

It's a tough call on the tackles though, pull out of one or go in half hearted and you get accused of cowardice (like some say about Keita) or get yourself hurt. Go in too hard, the crowd love the passion and the manager sees your bravery but you could be off with a VAR replay,

It’s more the poor quality of the officials I have been banging on about rather than bias against LFC. This season appears to have been worse than ever.
    We complain when the decisions go against us, of course we do, like v Spurs. Because those wrong decisions cost points and I’m pretty sure had they got the earlier decisions right, Robbo doesn’t lose his head and get his red either.

Only seen the Morton challenge once and it didn’t look pretty but can’t say if it should have been a red or not personally. If it should have been a red then fair enough, there’s yet another poor decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    You lot go on about bad tackles and how they're all against us

What I DO NOT SEE is Mortons tackle mention at all

you do know Ricardo Pereira has broken his leg? fractured fibula 6-8 weeks apparently could of been worse
    Hope Pereira's back to full strength soon, injuries are awful.

By any chance was it early in the game? I don't recall the incident at all in truth and did miss some of the match.

Hopefully Morton learns from it as well.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    It’s more the poor quality of the officials I have been banging on about rather than bias against LFC. This season appears to have been worse than ever.
    We complain when the decisions go against us, of course we do, like v Spurs. Because those wrong decisions cost points and I’m pretty sure had they got the earlier decisions right, Robbo doesn’t lose his head and get his red either.

Only seen the Morton challenge once and it didn’t look pretty but can’t say if it should have been a red or not personally. If it should have been a red then fair enough, there’s yet another poor decision.
    That's fine Miller and I agree with you

It's certain other people on here that are fucking batshit crazy to be fair.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

I actually mentioned the tackle of Morton during thegame. it was terrible and clearly a red.. Theres a slight difference there was no Var in that game and if there was. he would have been gone.. unlike Kanes when there was Var.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Toon Toon Black n White Army!!!

Come on you miserable Geordie f***ers show the same commitment you did against us and you’ll get something against this shite!!!

‘Ave it!!!!

Good to see St James’ full and bouncing, there’s been some half empty grounds over the Christmas fixtures