Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: This weekend's other games - Boxing Day

Very iffy that sale
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    You lot go on about bad tackles and how they're all against us

What I DO NOT SEE is Mortons tackle mention at all

you do know Ricardo Pereira has broken his leg? fractured fibula 6-8 weeks apparently could of been worse

people are so biased on here and have Liverpool tinted glasses on all the time, Klopp went mad over the yellow when it was a nailed on red tbh
    I think Justme and 19x mentioned it in the match thread. I’m yet to see it but it sounds like a shocker.

I actually disagree that people are excessively biased on here. Obviously we’re rooting for the same team, but overall I think we call decisions fairly. Many times you see the phrase, “we got lucky there” during games. We’re also never shy of mentioning when we get soft penalties.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Quote Originally Posted by fagin View Post
    ManCity have agreed a deal with Barca to sell Torres for 55mil incl addons 47 mil up front pretty good considering they ONLY paid 20mil for him from Valencia
    I can feel Pep's "see? See? We made a sale to fund Haaland, we cannot buy without selling" spiel now
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    I can feel Pep's "see? See? We made a sale to fund Haaland, we cannot buy without selling" spiel now
    I just think we tend to overblow the sales they do actually make or any other team for that matter almost like a "poor us" attitude over and over.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Very iffy that sale
    Iffy in what way? Think they are fudging the numbers? It does seem a little strange that Barca would pay that much given their financial woes

Quote Originally Posted by reddownunder View Post
    Iffy in what way? Think they are fudging the numbers? It does seem a little strange that Barca would pay that much given their financial woes
    I at 1st thought that BUT they got a sizeable loan supposedly from the bank/banks.....it's outlined on Skysports Transfer Centre.
    He has already passed his Medical ahead of the Jan transfer.
    Last edited by fagin; 28th December 2021 at 03:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    You lot go on about bad tackles and how they're all against us

What I DO NOT SEE is Mortons tackle mention at all

you do know Ricardo Pereira has broken his leg? fractured fibula 6-8 weeks apparently could of been worse
    As I always try to remain balanced I mentioned it and said I thought he was incredibly fortunate and that on watching it again the officials didn't have the best angle to see it and it would have looked pretty innocuous without the help of VAR which doesn't come into use until the semis in the Carabao

But again Kev, as I have made the point so many times, there is a very distinct difference between something being missed and VAR not being in operation to correct that and something being absolutely blatant from the officials position and on VAR and the laws of the game willfully not being applied - That is very clear and deliberate bias

Bar the Morton tackle, which was a red but there was no VAR in operation, the only other one I can think of this season was Millie not getting a second yellow v City when he should have, but again that was a tackle, trip, tactical foul that VAR doesn't come into play on and as refs do on occasion for all teams with fouls of that nature, he bottled giving it because it was at Anfield

I only really talk about decisions there is simply no excuse whatsoever for getting wrong and not applying the letter of the law when there are VERY clear replays that show the original decision was wrong and it is a decision in which VAR comes into play

Like the fouls on Big Bear and Hendo v West Ham
    Like the foul on Jota for the pen not given and the Kane foul which was a clear a red card as you will ever see and really was so obvious and blatant it shouldn't have needed VAR at all and then for VAR not to advise the ref it's a red

Like fouls and pure bent decisions in an absolute shit load of games last season -
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Nobody in the Norwich starting XI has scored a Premier League goal this season!

Hahaha.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

While Liverpool and City have 100 between them

22 seconds after Norwich miss an absolute sitter to equalise, Palace break down the other end and go 2-0 up.
    Norwich are absolutely shocking ..as if we didn’t already know.