Thread: Your team v Chelsea

Your team v Chelsea

Well. That's a gutting result.

.....................Alisson

Trent.....Matip.....Van Dijk...Tsimikas

....................Fabinho

.............Henderson......Keita

...Salah............Firmino.......Jota

If Chelsea win our title challenge is over. Some will argue it's already over now and in all honesty, given Man City's form, they may very well be right.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Wouldn’t mind playing Thiago ahead of Henderson, but definitely would hook mane

First up leak a story that Salah is joining PSG, Trent joining Real.

Alisson
    Trent Matip VVD Robbo
    Fabinho Thiago
    Taki Firmino Jota
    Origi

Our title challenge is over already Sid, I don't give a fuck now who we start v Chelsea, play the fucking kids Jurgen thinks are the answer to letting a player like Gini go and not replacing him for all I fucking care

We're only going to continue sliding further and further backwards under FSG through a continual lack of investment and trying to rely on academy players who aren't good enough

Fabs improved since the West Ham game and all credit to him, but City are playing our fluid 3 in midfield system we evolved to playing in Fab's absence that we can't play with him in the team, so with their 2 best elevens and superior system, OUR fucking superior system, Jurgen refused to acknowledge the evolution of, Mane not being anywhere like the player he was before getting Covid and Jurgen fucking about with his position and with FSG's continued acts of penny pinching and lack of necessary investment, we're only going backwards and it's fucking painful to watch from the team we were in 19-20
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    Wouldn’t mind playing Thiago ahead of Henderson, but definitely would hook mane
    Thiago was described as having "minor muscle soreness" and tends to be one of the slower ones to return from injury, so I had discounted him to be honest. If Klopp plays him I will have no complaints - wonderful player.

Yeah City arent going to drop this many points they'll be 12 clear by time we play Chelsea.

Cups are the best bet this season.

The worry is ALWAYS Pep/money I just dont think you can compete with them without state money.

He is goimg to have his 4th title in 5 years and most likely a 5th next year once he gets a top attacker.

£55m for Torres to a skint club yep nothing dodgy there !!

I would definately swerve mane for this game being back firmino and put him up front with jota, mane has been dreadful for months now , I actually said two years ago on this forum it looks like his legs have gone and other said long covid and other garbage, he’s gone. We need to strengthen badly in the midfield area but that won’t happen so for this game I would go Fabinho , Henderson and keita

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Yeah City arent going to drop this many points they'll be 12 clear by time we play Chelsea.

Cups are the best bet this season.

The worry is ALWAYS Pep/money I just dont think you can compete with them without state money.

He is goimg to have his 4th title in 5 years and most likely a 5th next year once he gets a top attacker.

£55m for Torres to a skint club yep nothing dodgy there !!
    The midfield's a mess, it's been understrength in terms of passing ability that compliments the abilities of our forwards and full backs as Jurgen has them operate since the Champions League win, WHERE the fuck is that in the Cambridge Geniuses fucking simulation model?

Henderson still has the best passing at No6 that compliments our forwards and full backs runs and movement and releases them easiest, Thiago's the next best, but his passing is a bit too whippy and not up and down quickly enough and doesn't get where it needs to be as quickly

Whatever simulation model or whatever it is they're using for midfielder recruitment, it isn't right, Hendo and Millie are our 2 best midfielders now Gini's gone, in terms of pressing, passing and overall game that compliments the other players abilities and how they are used, they were here when Jurgen arrived

It needs fucking sorting out because it's a fucking mess, Thiago isn't a fit although obviously supremely gifted in many ways, Fabinho's better suited to a midfield 2 and his passing is nowhere near what's needed, issues in some passages of play again today of Leicester picking everyone else up and letting him have it, teams know he doesn't have the passing to hurt them, which is a problem if they want to defend in numbers, because the ball will inevitably go back to No6 numerous times

To me the recruitment has been poor after landing Mo, with the exceptions of Konate and Tsimikas and the investment has been poor, yes we can't soend like City, but I'm not fucking having it that we can't invest as much as 15 other Premier League clubs on our playing staff every fucking season since Jurgen arrived, no fucking way, we should have a much better midfield and a better squad by now and THAT would make a difference
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 29th December 2021 at 05:01 AM.

Alisson

Trent Matip Van Dijk Tsimikas

Henderson Fabinho Thiago

Salah Firmino Jota

See if we can make use of Thiago's most renouned ability of passing through the lines from deeper against a side who might actually try and attack us and leave the space for that most Premier League sides don't, Bench for Mane for me, I absolutely love Mane for everything he has given us, I didn't want to accept it or admit it last season after he had Covid when certain aspects of his game that made him a top player dropped significantly, I thought and hoped they'd come back over time, but looks like they have gone permanently, the explosive burst to go past defenders with the ball from a standing start or run off the back of them which was one of his greatest strengths has gone entirely, he's stopped even trying to do it, it greatly saddens me to say it, but I think we need to replace him

Need to sort out a few issues/egos and get through January. But I wouldn't be giving up on the league just yet.

Last night was shite.