Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Chelsea

Oh yeah we got Thiago because we managed to thrash out a deal so we only have to pay 5 million a year to Bayern.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Thiago's never been the fittest of players weird signing in the system we have.

Considering the rest of the gang are injury prone too and henderson is only going to get worse

At least wij was always a option and not always injured.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

The premier league is obviously very difficult. You lose says 15% of the physicality in midfield.Makes all the difference to the over all points you end up with.. I would say we've dropped about 7 points with the loss of Gini.

reason he started every game in 2019/20 pretty much

Would have him over thiago any day tbh.

Would be been off not buying thiago and big wages, and giving Wij more, and sorting salah's out quicker.
    Last edited by Kev0909; 31st December 2021 at 04:24 PM.
    #FSGOUT

You know Wijnadlum often got slated for "being missing" in games.. some people never saw the hard work he put in. to help us control the game. You can't play Ox/Curtis/Minamino in a 3. weakens your midfield.. When we play Fabinho/Henderson and Thiago seems to work better. though i dont rate the latter..
    Against low block teams we have always often been troubled.Its not easy to play against, when thee oppositiin compact the space.. Thats where you expect your attacking midfielder to do something different. If you watch City play.. Their players do little runs and then pass the ball back. It brings out the opponents so they can switch in the space the oppostion as left..even if its a a tiny space. the closing player is beyond the ball.

When we play we play across the front of the opposition. Thats why i was so harsh on Oxlade the other evening. He didnt do anything of note in the first half.

I though Gini was offered a contract and he turned it down.

Even last season Wij played just under 2000 minutes more than the next midfielder. and 3rd most gametime.

Says it all really. in the title winning season also played more than any other CM and 500 mins more or so than Henderson.

people under-rate his loss to the team, but it shows......in games, at least wij kept the ball, the other lads like passing it to the other team, thiago is great at times at that, so is henderson, not as good as thiago at it mind, probably Covid.

Teams are getting at us more... and we have VVD back now ... so can't use CB injury crisis as a excuse, midfield is just fucked and needs major surgery or change of style.
    Last edited by Kev0909; 31st December 2021 at 04:42 PM.
    #FSGOUT

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Maybe he did. and maybe the owners are doing what they are doing with Salah and messing around when it comes to giving him a long term contract.. they have a set amount of money they are willing to give him and wont budge..
    Im not for giving players ridiculous wages. But if theres anyone who deserve a huge bump up in salary it is Salah..
    to think Gini was on way less than Oxlade and Keita. im not surprised he was pissed off..

He was offered what has been described as a short term one yes. Nothing wrong with him leaving either if both club and player cannot agree terms BUT then you replace him. We didn’t - preferring to promote Elliott (great prospect) which is nuts. By all means being Elliot through BUT you can’t expect an 18 year old who has never started a premier league game to step into Gini shoes. Not if you are serious.

Then we have Keita - Oxlade - Milner and Thiago, as I have repeatedly mentioned - who could conceivably play less games COMBINED than Gini did in an average season.

We are winging it again. Salah has been epic and even Jota with his goals but still finds us off the pace versus City who themselves have dropped silly points. . Could have had a proper shot at the title this season but something is holding us back.

He did but it seems our fans forget he left for money.

He has been moaning about game time at PSG too.

End of the day we need to get some younger players in and Gini isnt the answer.