Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Chelsea

That’s not really fair legs. He didn’t leave for money - he left for a longer contract. But WTF has that got to do with what WE do?

The problem is WE didn’t see fit to replace him.

Why do people continue to miss the bleedin point?

From my understanding Wij was on 70k a week for that 4-5 year contract whatever it was. Won a CL and PL title and never got a renegotiation. Can’t blame him for wanting more but it is a shame because he was our ironman in club appearances during that period.

Does anyone honestly want gerrard to take over after Klopp leaves?

Look at the bigger picture, best players probably wrong side of 30 or past it, little investment upto now unless that changes we're going to be in for a big rebuild job

and expectation after Klopps got the best he can out of a small squad that have been run into the ground, some players than others and won't ever recover their best forms for us, sad but true.

I don't want him to join and get sacked 6 months later.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    He did but it seems our fans forget he left for money.

He has been moaning about game time at PSG too.

End of the day we need to get some younger players in and Gini isnt the answer.
    Short memories, mate. Now he's moaning about not getting game time at PSG. If he'd accepted the offer like Milner then we wouldn't be having this discussion.
    He chased the money at the end of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by 3underpar View Post
    From my understanding Wij was on 70k a week for that 4-5 year contract whatever it was. Won a CL and PL title and never got a renegotiation. Can’t blame him for wanting more but it is a shame because he was our ironman in club appearances during that period.
    He never gave up either.. He was the best player against Palace on the final day of last season.when were going for a top 4 finish..
    He had a superb attitude. So he wanted more money.. he deserved it.. Ox and Keita are on 100 thousand a week and never lived up to it. Im not surprised he left.. Similar could happen with Salah.. Its not just salary he wants to know if the club will show intent in the transfer market.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    That’s not really fair legs. He didn’t leave for money - he left for a longer contract. But WTF has that got to do with what WE do?

The problem is WE didn’t see fit to replace him.

Why do people continue to miss the bleedin point?
    Steveo I dont hate Gini I liked him as a player.

He did leave for money I think that is clear.

Maybe we did replace him with Thiago/Elliott we dont know what the clubs plan was.

I 100% agree with you that imo we needed another CM I have stated it several times.

The ideal fit is Bissouma he is a quality player but im not sure if anyone will chance signing him at the minute.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Does anyone honestly want gerrard to take over after Klopp leaves?

Look at the bigger picture, best players probably wrong side of 30 or past it, little investment upto now unless that changes we're going to be in for a big rebuild job

and expectation after Klopps got the best he can out of a small squad that have been run into the ground, some players than others and won't ever recover their best forms for us, sad but true.

I don't want him to join and get sacked 6 months later.
    Being honest Kev no I dont want him.

2 years is a long time but at this minute id go for the Ajax manager but he is likely to be elsewhere.

Being blunt mate there really isnt many top class managers about.

At Legs and Ian

Seriously guys.. what in the living room has Gini and ANY wage demands he made have to do with WHY we didn’t replace him?

Please - nobody cares who why or what made him leave. They couldn’t agree yet the club just let him go WITHOUT replacement.

That is the point. Short memories and all that daft talk is totally irrelevant to the point.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    He never gave up either.. He was the best player against Palace on the final day of last season.when were going for a top 4 finish..
    He had a superb attitude. So he wanted more money.. he deserved it.. Ox and Keita are on 100 thousand a week and never lived up to it. Im not surprised he left.. Similar could happen with Salah.. Its not just salary he wants to know if the club will show intent in the transfer market.
    Gini is 30-31 he is on £250k a week at PSG.

Salah is doing lots of finger pointing at our club what he really means is "pay me £400-500k a week and i'll sign"

Mo is basically blaming the club I dont like that.

Im too old to worry about if he signs or not NOBODY is loyal now.

I want him to sign I think he will but I wouldnt put my mortgage on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    At Legs and Ian

Seriously guys.. what in the living room has Gini and ANY wage demands he made have to do with WHY we didn’t replace him?

Please - nobody cares who why or what made him leave. They couldn’t agree yet the club just let him go WITHOUT replacement.

That is the point. Short memories and all that daft talk is totally irrelevant to the point.
    As I said the club may say Thiago/Elliott are the replacement.

Ask John, Jurgen or Tom they can give you the answer you need !