Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Chelsea

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    As I said the club may say Thiago/Elliott are the replacement.

Ask John, Jurgen or Tom they can give you the answer you need !
    I would ask mr John (I made £600,000,000 Net gains since April 21) Henry.

Wouldn’t you?

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    I would ask mr John I made £600,000,000 Net gains since April 21 Henry.
    Im not disagreeing with you if you see what im saying.

We have the numbers in CM but lets face it Keita Ox Thiago are NEVER fit that is the problem.

How is Thiago the replacement BTW? He was bought a year too late but still a full year before Gini left.

And Elliott is 18! 18 and had zero premier league starts even after Gini had gone!

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    He never gave up either.. He was the best player against Palace on the final day of last season.when were going for a top 4 finish..
    He had a superb attitude. So he wanted more money.. he deserved it.. Ox and Keita are on 100 thousand a week and never lived up to it. Im not surprised he left.. Similar could happen with Salah.. Its not just salary he wants to know if the club will show intent in the transfer market.
    Totally agree

Keita has been shite - hate to say it but the evidence of years shows that to be the case - he isn’t just never fit. Played about 2.5 good games since he arrived! Has some ability but we never see it.

Thiago is too old - he was bought cheap as that quality only comes cheap when it’s run most of its course.

Wherever you look the club is penny pinching
    Last edited by Steveo; 31st December 2021 at 07:52 PM.

How is Thiago the replacement BTW? He was bought a year too late but still a full year before Gini left.

And Elliott is 18! 18 and had zero premier league starts even after Gini had gone!
    He could have been signed to phase Gini out maybe?

Elliott is class that is clear to see he is truely good enough to be in our squad he just has it.

Elliott is a class act for his age but he is a kid.

The fact he was deemed good enough with zero prem starts tells you how pedestrian or flimsy our midfield is.

Elliott is a class act for his age but he is a kid.

The fact he was deemed good enough with zero prem starts tells you how pedestrian out midfield is.
    Maybe but Klopp/Pep will just know if he is good enough.

Same with Rooney at 16 you just know at times.

Without wanting to sound like 19 with his French lad if I could sign a CM id get Bissouma he just fits.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    I though Gini was offered a contract and he turned it down.
    Think that's right though who knows the particulars. Probably offered a contract at various points and had better offers elsewhere.
    First it was the barca dream, then it was a reported 300kpw as PSG sucked up a fair few top class and ageing free contract players.

Overall his fee around 25 million and a paltry wage over his 5 years here of 18.2 to 20.8 million. (Reportedly 70-80kpw in wages).
    Means his services cost LFC around 170 grand a week @ 75kpw.
    We were happy enough to keep him in indentured servitude and lost him on a free contract.

To match PSG offer we'd have probably been looking at a very minimum 150kpw and have to cap our offer at 200 kpw for in-house matters. Extend a further year to a 4 year contract for a great machine of a man now aged 31.
    You're looking at a near doubling of the weekly costs for Gini to match PSGs offer with a mid thirties end point.

Think kev and justme are spot on in speculating we'd have been better off keeping Gini and never signing Thiago or Ox or Keita as things have panned out.
    Or even to have sold him for a few mill in his final year but at that point Gini would have been looking at a signing on bonus and bigger wages elsewhere. We've had big agents fees over recent years so I'm sure the players agents are savvy.

Great memories, Great contribution, a few handbags in the aftermath, as he sees a reported 300kpw for 4 years = a 62.4 million retirement package, trebling his lfc wage over 5 years.
    Last edited by CCTV; 31st December 2021 at 08:15 PM.

If he arrived before Gini left how does that preclude him from being a replacement for Gini ?